Sequel: As I Lay Dying
Status: Complete

Humorous Love

A Simple Mistake.

It wasn't a long ride up to the castle, when we arrived students were running inside the giant doors to escape the rain. I had my carry on bag over my shoulder as Jenny stepped out of the carriage ahead of me and Fred behind. Once she got out she was off with George, so I hung back to walk with Fred.

"You ready to go to the dinner, or do you want to drop off your bag in the common room?" Fred asked as we ran into the castle doors.

"We can go to dinner,"

"On to dinner we go, then."

We walked into the Great Hall fore, which was full of 1st years waiting to enter the great hall, they looked all so nervous. I looked around the place, noticing nothing had changed, the home feeling was still there and the portraits still hung in place. Greeting the 1st years and familiar faces, the paintings moved around getting a good look at everyone.

"Hello Krysta, dear." said an old woman in white dress, with a white feather boa draped over her shoulders.

"Hello," I said, getting a weird expression from Fred.

"You get along with her? She hates me," Fred stammered as we passed through the 1st years and into the Great Hall.

"Yeah, it's not hard when your not pulling pranks on them," I joked taking a seat next to George, who was sitting next to Jenny.

"I suppose, but where’s the fun in that?" Fred questioned with a smirk, taking the empty seat next to me at the Gryffindor table.

"At times I question why your not meant for Slytherin, you just love trouble." I retorted.

"Please, you know you love me," he said slinging an arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, in your dreams buddy." I replied shrugging off his arm. Was he flirting with me? was all I could think about. Oddly strange behavior, that’s a fact.

"Krysta, do you mind after dinner that I go by a few spells with you, I learned a few over summer." Hermione pitched in from across the table. Like always she was sitting next to Harry and Ron. I sware that girl likes Ron, she is always bickering with him.

"No problem, just meet me in my room."

The yearly ritual of sorting began and ended faster then I expected. Soon Dumbledore had made his speech about up coming events, which for the first time we were having a Fall Ball and the usual warning not to enter the forest. Our feast began, which I was starved. I picked up a stake and placed it on my plate, along with potatoes and corn. I talked to some of the 1st years as I ate, as well as the other Gryffindor students. I had no room for dessert, so I excused myself to go up to my room.

I pushed through the doors and made my way through the halls, up to the Gryffindor tower. I passed some of the portraits sending my hellos, until I came upon the entrance to the common room.

I told the lady dressed in pink who was in the portrait the password, and entered the silent, abandoned room. The fire was crackling in the fire place as the rain outside pelted the windows. I made my way to my room up the staircase, threw my bag on the bed, checked to make sure everything was in my trunk, and went back down stairs. Dinner must of not been over yet, because the room was still empty.

I found one of the big chairs by the fire place and slumped into it, I was still tired from the train ride. The warmness of the fire and the sweet smell of cinnamon made me feel at home. I was fully relaxed as my eyes slid close.

I sat there in silence until from somewhere behind me, strong arms fell beside me, and began tickling me. Causing my eyes to pop open and for me to jump out of the chair landing on the floor. A familiar laugh rang out as I got up off the floor to face Fred.

“That wasn‘t funny,” I sighed, brushing off the dirt on my clothes.

“Really? I thought it was bloody brilliant and outrageously hysterical” he laughed sitting in the chair I once was sitting in.

“From your point of view I bet it was, from mine it hurt.” I said rubbing my back side.

“Aw, I‘m sorry Krysta. It was only a joke.” He said standing, bringing me into a hug. I liked the feeling.. A lot. It was warmer then the heat radiating from the fire and I felt safe and loved.

“Yeah, but this calls for revenge!” I cried while still holding him, I tickled him on his sides as he jerked back onto the couch, bringing me down with him.

“No! This calls for war!” He sang out between laughs, and that’s when the tickle fight broke out.

We were laughing and wrestling as we fought each other. I hardly even took notice that I was on top of him till I looked down into his beautiful eyes. He looked back and for that moment I couldn’t hold it back. More like he couldn’t hold it back.

He put his hand on the back of my head, clutched my hair in it, pulling my face to his. I didn’t fight to get away, I let the kiss happen. I kissed back. The kiss was full of passion, something I had never felt before. Our lips perfectly molded together like they were meant to be placed together. I’m not sure how much time had passed by, until we broke for air.

“I‘m sorry,” Fred said letting go of me as he stood up.

“It‘s my fault too,” I said fixing my messed up hair.

It was then silent as I sat on the couch, watching him stare into the fire. I wanted so badly, to pull him in another kiss. But the first one was a mistake, no one ever had feelings for me like that. That’s why I’ve always been scared to have a relationship, getting hurt.

We sat there in silence, no one said a word. I couldn’t help but look up at him ever so often, he would look back moments after I looked away. I never loved anyone, yet, I never liked anyone actually. I knew there was consequences with love, and I wasn’t up to any punishment. I couldn’t let myself fall for a guy. I was too scared to. I decided to ignore it, the kiss was a mistake. Friends was all we were ever going to be, and I wanted it to stay that way.

Even if he liked me, it was going to stay that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second Chapter! Tell me what you think.

Comment.Subscribe.Rate.Please!

-Krysta :)