Love Complications

Wow... Too Much Info.

My mouth fell open in shock. To be honest, the house was amazing. After a second or so, I noticed my mouth was still hanging open and I quickly closed it before anyone noticed. I didn’t want Mom, Dad or Kent to think that I liked the house; that’ll be my own little secret.

I picked up the bags and put on a grumpy face. Mom, Dad and Kent sighed dreamily in unison, and I rolled my eyes. They all hurried to the door, leaving me trailing behind after them. I guessed they all forgot about everything apart from the house.

Mom was so excited that she couldn’t even get the door unlocked; her hands were shaking so much. In the end, she threw her arms about and kind of screamed. I looked at her like she was crazy with one eyebrow raised. Instead, I had to go and unlock the door for them.

They all came running in, squashing me and making me groan in annoyance.

Once everything got settled, and I finally stepped in too, my jaw dropped once again, giving away the fact that I may like this house. But luckily, Mom, Dad and Kent were too hypnotized to see me.

The living room was what you would see first when you came in the house. And trust me, it was flipping huge! There was one sofa that was able to sit four or five people on it and two other single sofas at the side. And another good thing was, they were all leather. The floor was laminated and it had a blue fluffy rug in the middle.

Without thinking, I dropped my bags and kicked off my shoes. I ran to the sofa and jumped straight on it, making bounce a few times and laugh. My family smiled, knowing that I loved it. Leather sofas were one of my favourite things and they knew that too. They were so comfy and cool. I closed my eyes.

“See, you love it here,” I heard Kent say.

“Just because I like the sofa doesn’t mean I like it here,” I grumbled harshly.

All three laughed quietly at me and I rolled my eyes. Confused, I walked to another room, and it was probably the dining room. There was long glass table in the middle of the room with six orange chairs around it. It had a couple of daffodils in a white vase in the middle. The floor was covered in a nice cream carpet. The walls were painted an orangey red color – terracotta rust. The walls were decorated with paintings and pictures.

“Wow,” I murmured to myself, making sure that nobody heard.

“I know,” Kent agreed with me. I jumped at the sound of his voice; I hadn’t realised that the rest of the family had come in.

We all looked around for a minute or so until Dad spoke up. “What do you think of the house so far, kids?” he asked, knowing that he’ll definitely get a good answer.

“It’s amazing! It’s great. I love how the walls are a nice orange color–”

“Terracotta rust, Kent,” I corrected him.

“Whatever,” he muttered.

“Well, what do you think, Jenna?” Mum asked me.

“It’s alright. I like our old house in England better, though,” I lied. I was always a good liar, but this time they could tell that I told a white lie. They stared at me with each of their eyebrows raised and a yeah-right expression on their faces.

“Alright, I like it!” I confessed, rolling my eyes and throwing my arms about. “But,” I added, before they could say anything, “doesn’t mean I’m over with moving.”

“Of course,” Dad said slowly, obviously not believing me.

I started to sulk again and made the three of them laugh. I started to explore the dining room a little. I traced the paintings and pictures, admiring their colors and the paint textures.

The kitchen was on the left of the dining table and it was all very... clean. It had oak cabinets and a metal sink. The cupboards were a darker color than the cabinets and the wood looked nice and smooth.

“You can go to your rooms and unpack now,” Mom said, opening the cupboards.

“Which ones are our rooms?” Kent asked.

“You can choose.”

My eyes lit up with excited but I hid my emotions. “Whatever,” I murmured, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

I started to walk quickly upstairs, with Kent behind me looking around the house. I didn’t have time for that, I was going to get the biggest room before Kent does.

“But our room is the biggest one!” Mom yelled after us and I resisted a groan. I guess I would have to get the second biggest.

I walked up the stairs, taking two at a time. The stairs were covered in carpet too, this time a lavender color. The banisters were a deep brown.

At the top of the stairs, there were rooms on either side of me. I sighed. I would have to take a wild guess. I ran quickly to my right side and started to open doors, not even looking inside. I could see that they were small rooms though.

When I got to the end, I opened the door to the last room and my eyes bulged open. It was humongous. It was at least three times the size of my room back at England. But I was sure this was Mom and Dad’s room; no room could get any bigger than this.

I closed the door and sighed again. I was totally in love with that room.

The door closed with a soft thud and I began to run towards the left side, over to the other rooms. I must’ve opened about five rooms on the right side, including the biggest one but excluding the two bathrooms. What did we need all these rooms for?

I opened the first two on the left but they were probably both storage rooms. They didn’t have any furniture in them apart from a small round table in the corner in one of the rooms. I wondered where Kent had gone.

When I got to the fourth room, I was amazed and I knew, when I first saw it, when I saw the door, that I had to have this room. It was exactly right for me. Even though it wasn’t exactly the second biggest, it would have to do. I didn’t check on the other rooms; I just jumped on my double bed and laughed.

Yep, this room was most definitely meant for me.

~~~

“Tell me Mom, how did you and Dad actually pay for this house?” I questioned. I was sure they couldn’t afford a house this big and awesome.

Dad was out in the garden, “making it better” according to him. Kent was outside as well, in the front garden, playing soccer with our new neighbour. And so that left Mom and I watching Friends on the our plasma TV.

“Oh, we didn’t,” she answered.

I looked at her questioningly. “Uh, stealing is illegal.”

Mom laughed. “Your dad and I didn’t pay for this house. This is your grandmother’s house.”

“Nana Eve?”

“No, my mom. Grandma Liz.”

“Ohh... But she died two years ago.” I could understand that Grandma Liz owned this house. She was a very rich woman, married to a very rich man in fact. That's probably how they bought the house though I was sure one of them could buy five of these houses with the money that they had.

“Yes. And she left this house for us.”

My eyes widened. “Really?”

“Yes.”

“How come it’s not like... dirty?”

Mom smiled. “Because Grandpa John didn’t die two years ago and still lived here.”

“But... he left.” Okay, this was all very confusing, really. However, Mom didn’t think so.

“That’s because he moved to Australia.”

“Oh, yeah...” I trailed off. Grandpa John did move to Australia just a week ago. I didn’t understand how he could leave this house. I couldn’t, and to think I was sulking just a few hours ago.

Suddenly, I heard Kent’s booming laugh in the house and I rolled my eyes. We had just fought over my room a few minutes after I found it, even though I chose it first. Then he ended up in a room he didn’t like, though I was sure he did. It was bigger than mine.

There was another laugh along with Kent’s and I guessed that was our neighbor’s.

They both showed up at the doorway.

“Mom, Jenna, this is Nathan, our neighbour,” Kent introduced ‘Nathan’. Another boy stepped up, showing himself. I froze. He looked like a model! I found myself staring at him a little too much.

“Mrs. Burton, Jenna,” Nathan said politely, nodding at us and smiling.

I couldn’t take my eyes away from him after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crazy lawwwng second chapter. =D

My best friend and I are proud of our story. xP It's actually pretty good, in my opinion. We're planning to continue this story and end it and maybe write a sequel afterwards.

Comment and subscribe. Keep on reading! ♥