My Best Friend's Brother

My Best Friend's Brother

I tapped my fingers on the desk impatiently as I waited for Fred to tell me the answer. He was failing Muggle Studies and Professor Burbage asked me to tutor him. This was the first year I have taken Muggle Studies. Since I myself am a muggle-born, I didn't really feel the need to take this class before. But I'm trying to take as many classes as I can before I graduate. Judging by the way things are going now, I think this is going to be the last year I take it.

I watched as Fred tilted his head backwards and look up at the ceiling, as if it had the answer written on it. I couldn't help but notice his adams apple stick out more than usual. It bobbed up and down as he swallowed. I started imagining running my tongue across it, hearing him moan in pleasure. He put his head back down and shook the thought off. I suprised myself with that thought. I don't normally think such vulgar thoughts. He looked at me. I stared back, waiting for an answer. He opened his mouth and closed it repeatedly. I sighed in frustration.

"Just answer the damn question," I said queitly, but not without vemon. A few people in the library who heard me turned to look at me questionally. I have been acting out of character lately. Ever since the professor assigned me to tutoring. Fred opened his mouth again.

"Umm... a broom?" I stared at him blankly.

"Yes Fred," I said dryly. "You use a broom to clean dirty dishes. Are you really that bad at this?" He smacked his head on the table a few times before resting his chin on it and looking at me. He looks kind of cute when he's frustrated.

"I live in a house inhabited by witches and wizards," He said lifting his head. "We use magic for everyday chores. Just a wave of the wand," he imitated waving a wand, "and the dishes are clean and put away."

"Well, muggles don't have wands," I said leaning closer across the table to him. "So they can't wave a wand," I mocked his wand waving, "and have everything be all hunky dory again. They use a dishwasher." I put extra emphasis on the last word. "We learned this yesterday. Weren't you paying attention?" He scratched the back of his head and looked away from me.

"I kinda got... distracted," he admitted. I sighed and closed the book I was getting my questions from. He watched me as I picked up all of my notes and put them in my satchel. I stood from my seat and he stood as well.

"I will see you again tomorrow night," I said as I walked around the table to leave. I felt him grab my arm and I looked at his hand on me before looking at him.

"You're leaving?" he asked, keeping his hand on my arm. My arm started tingling where he was holding me.

"Yes, our session is over," I looked down at his hand. "Please remove your hand, Fred." He let go. I stood there for a minute before I turned and exited the library. I knew I would be back later to do my own studying, but I had to get away from him. I walked up the seven flights of stairs until I reached the dormitory. I said the password and walked into the common room. Harry and Ron were waiting for me. They looked up as I walked in. I went over to the big, red armchair by the fire and threw myself in it.

"That bad, huh?" Ron asked.

I looked at him. "No Ron. It wasn't that bad. It was terrible. Your brother doesn't know anything that has to do with the muggle world. He is completely incapable of registering anything that happens outside of his realm of reality. He's convinced that the wizard way is the only way things are done. He is... he is... he is a completely lost cause. Why is he even taking this class? He doesn't seem very interested in anything that has to do with muggles and- why are you looking at me like that?" I stopped my rant when I saw the look of confusion plastered on both Ron's and Harry's faces.

"Hermione," Ron said leaning on his knees closer to me, "Fred used to go to work with my dad when he was a kid. He would come home at night saying how he wanted to be just like him and work with muggles and muggles objects. He knows way more than you give him credit for."

"Then why, Ronald, did he tell me you use a broom to clean dishes?" Harry stifled a laugh as I said that. He grew up with muggles. He would know what they use to clean dishes, and it wasn't, by any means, a broom. Ron scrunched his brow in confusion.

"That's not right," he said looking at the floor. "Fred loves, what are those things called again? Umm... appliances. He knows all about them." It was my turn to look confused.

"Then, why is he acting like he doesn't know?" Ron shrugged his shoulders. I looked at Harry. He shook his head. I slumped back in my seat. What is Fred Weasley up to?

--------------------------------

I was watching Fred from my seat in the back of the Muggle Studies classroom. He wasn't taking notes. He was doing something else on his parchment. He was only two seats in front of me. I crained my neck to see what he was doing. He moved in his seat, unintentionally blocking my view. I sighed in frustration and moved to the edge of my seat to see what he was writing. I suddenly fell off of my seat with a loud thud. Lucky for me class ended just as I fell and no one noticed. Blushing, I gathered my books slowly, so I would be the last one in class. Fred smiled at me as he walked by. I smiled back and watched him leave. I finished putting my books away and headed up to the front of the room. Professor Burbage was seated at her desk and looked up from her papers as I approached.

"Umm, Professor," I said shyly. "May I have a word with you?"

"Of course," she said ushering me to one of the seats next to her desk. I sat down, put my bag on the ground and my hands folded in my lap. "What is this about, Ms. Granger?"

"Well Professor," I said slowly, choosing my words carefully. "I was wondering why you asked me to tutor Fred Weasley? I mean, not that I wasn't thrilled that you asked me, but there are plenty of other students who are just as good, if not better than me in this class." I chewed my lip as she looked at me slightly confused.

"When I talked to Mr. Weasley about getting a tutor, he immediatly demanded it be you." My eyes widened at this information. "I assumed you knew that."

"No ma'am. I didn't." I started listing all the reasons Fred would demand to have me tutor him in my head. I came up with none.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Granger. I can get someone else to tutor him if you don't want to work with him anymore."

"No, it's alright." I stood from my seat. "I was just wondering, is all." I smiled politely and thanked her as I rushed out of the room. I had to find Fred.

I started wandering the halls looking for any sign of red hair. Fred had a free period right now. If I was Fred, where would I be at free period? I rolled my eyes at my ignorance and headed out to the courtyard. The twins were always planning or playing pranks on Slytherins and other students during free period. I ran out the big double doors to be met with the sight of Malfoy and his followers standing in what I hoped was slime. Fred and George were off to the side, laughing at the sight and giving each other high fives. I stomped over to them. George saw me coming and elbowed Fred in the stomach. Fred saw me and the smile left his face, thinking I was angry at his tomfoolery. He opened his mouth, I assume to explain, but I cut him off.

"You lied to me," I screamed, catching everyone's attention. He gave me a confused look. "You lied to me about knowing nothing about muggles." Realization dawned on him as I screamed at him. He sighed and grabbed ahold of my upper arm and started dragging me towards the castle doors. "Let go of me." He wouldn't let go. If anything, he tightened his grip. He dragged me all the way to the library with me shouting at him every step of the way. He finally stopped when we came to an unoccupied section in the back. He let go of my arm and I stumbled back away from him.

"What do you know?" he asked looking me in the eye.

"That you asked Professor Burbage to have me tutor you," I said quietly. "And that you know more than you let on." He started walking towards me. I backed up until I hit the wall, but he kept coming at me. He put his hands on either side of my face and moved so he was about an inch from me.

"Do you know why?" I shook my head. He smiled and started lowering his head towards mine. My eyes widened as I felt his lips on mine, and then they slowly started to close as I savored the taste of him. He kissed me softly at first, but once I started to kiss back, he started to kiss harder. He put his hand on the back of my neck and held me so I couldn't get away if I tried. I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair. He licked my bottom lip and just as I opened my mouth to accept his tongue, he pulled away. I opened my eyes slowly to see him staring at me intently.

"I asked for you to tutor me because I have been in love with you ever since the first day I laid eyes on you." I felt tears well up in my eyes. I pulled him back to me, harder than before. I ran my tongue along his bottom lip and he opened eagerly. My tongue battled his until his finally won and started exploring my mouth. He ran his hand up and down my thighs until he finally lifted me off of the ground. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he rested his hands on my upper thighs, right below my butt. I never wanted this to end.

"What do you think you're doing?" We pulled away when we heard someone shouting at us. I looked over his shoulder to see Madame Pince looking rather angry. I hopped off of Fred and stood behind him. He put his arms out in front of me, as if to hide me from her view. "When the headmaster hears about this, you'll both be in detention so long you may never graduate." My eyes widened when she said this. I knew she was exagerating, but what if I never get to graduate? Or worse, what if I get expelled? I felt tears threaten to spill as we walked down the halls to the headmasters office. Madame Pince told us to wait outside as she went in. I stood next to Fred as I looked at the ground, trying to hide my tears. I felt Fred lifting my chin with his finger. I looked up at him.

"Don't worry about it," he said wiping my tears. "They're not going to expel you. You're too smart for them to lose you." I laughed at his attempt to lighten the mood. He was about to kiss me again when the door swung open and we jumped apart again.

"Enter," Dumbledore said and we walked in. We stood a good distance apart. Madame Pince walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. I was watching the floor, not wanting to make eye contact, for fear that he would expel me if I did.

"So," he said. "Madame Pince has said that you were acting inappropriately in the library. Is this true Ms. Granger?" I looked up when he said my name. He was staring at me, waiting for an answer.

"Yes, Sir," I said slowly.

"Well, then," he leaned back in his chair. "As headmaster, I am suppose to ban you from the library." My breath caught in my throat. I couldn't live without the library. "But seeing as how you practically live there, Ms. Granger, I'll just have to let that rule slide this once." He was smiling at me. The door opened behind us and I assumed our talk was done.

"Thank you, Sir," I turned and walked out. Fred soon followed.

We started walking down the hall in silence, not really heading anywhere. We some how managed to make it to the Griffindor Tower. I turned to look at him as we stopped in front of the portrait.

"So," Fred said. "We still on for tutoring tonight?"

I looked at him skeptically. "Do you not remember the talk we just had before we got caught snogging?" He smiled.

"Yeah, I remember," he leaned down close to my ear. "But I wasn't talking about the literal meaning of the word." I looked at him confused. He smirked at me before capturing my lips in his and I suddenly knew what he ment. He pulled away and walked into the common room. It was then that I realized something.

I was completely and madly in love with my best friend's brother.