‹ Prequel: Fate

Our Lives Before Fate Interveined

What A Beautiful Mistake We've Made

Image

5 Months Pregnant

It was time to find out the sex of the baby, to say I was excited would be a vast understatement. I had a gut feeling I was having girl; my mom on the other hand thought I was having a boy.
"Can you believe it mom, we are going to find out if I'm having a girl or a boy." I said excited.
"I know." My mom sighed, keeping her eyes glued to the road.
My mom is still in shock about this whole pregnancy, I don't think she's really come to terms with her fifteen year old daughter having a child. It's been hard for me too, my life is changing so fast. I always fear I'm going to be a horrible mom, and everyday I think about the decision I made to keep the baby. Was this really the right choice? I'm only fifteen and I'm already going to be a single mother.
I sighed as I thought of my baby, and rested a hand on my bulging stomach. As much doubt as I had about this baby I know deep down I'm doing what's right and I will be a great mom.

The nurse instructed me to lift my shirt to above my stomach. I did as told.
"OK this will be a little cold." She warned.
She squirted some gel stuff on to my stomach. I cringed at the cold icky feeling of the gel. I looked up at the ultrasound screen while the nurse spread the gel around.
"OK Miss Adams, that's your baby." The nurse said pointing to the screen.
I could make out the tiny hands and feet.
"And it looks like you are having a girl."
A little girl, this is perfect, my life is perfect.

9 Months Pregnant

This was it, my daughter is on her way into the world. The day I have been waiting to happen for the past nine months.
"Holy shit!" I screamed as another contraction hit me.
"Language." My mom scolded.
"Sorry." I breathed as the contraction subsided. These fucking contractions hurt!
"Just hold on a few more minutes we're almost to the hospital." My mom was so calm, it really amazed me.
Everything has been moving so fast! One second I'm sleeping the next I'm on my way to the hospital.
My mom and I walked into the maternity ward, where there were families sitting all looking anxious. I was led to a private room where I would be staying until my daughter was born. My mom wanted to document everything so she brought her video camera.
"OK just say to her or something." My mom said turning the camera and focusing in on me.
"Hey baby girl!" I waved at the camera. "I'm so excited it's almost time!"

Four Hours Later

"OK Hannah one last push." The doctor said.
I pushed with everything in me and squeezed my mom's hand.
"Congratulations, you have a beautiful baby girl."
I smiled contently as I laid my head back on the pillows. The nurses cleaned her up then brought her over to me in a pink blanket and beanie.
I smiled at the baby girl in my arms.
"Hello Fate." I whispered. The day before I had decided to name her Fate Marie Jonas, I though it fit since fate was the reason I she was born.
Now my life was turning around. I had my beautiful baby girl in my arms and nothing could go wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end! sorry it was so short. The sequel will be up as soon as I'm done with this author's note. Comment!