Seized

Alley

All my life I’ve been destined to trouble. It’s something I can’t get away from. But from experiences I learned to be careless. Somehow, I enjoy trouble, just as long as it doesn’t kill me. I like having fun by getting into trouble because I feel it’s some kind of adventure. And that’s why I’m destined to trouble: because I love adventure. But people don’t let me be carefree because it might kill me someday. Maybe because of my ignorance and arrogance. But I don’t pay much attention to what they say. I am what I am, all because past events caused me to be what I am today. I was once a little girl, and still am, despise the fact I am 17.

What made me this way? I haven’t figured it out much. Like I said, I just don’t care. I don’t care for anything. Well, maybe when my parents died in an accident, but that was long, long ago, and I was very little, so the feelings are gone.

I sat alone everywhere, like now. Nobody really enjoyed my company because I am what you call a gauche -socially awkward- or simply anti-social. I didn’t have many friends. Just a girl that dared to talk to me now-and-then because she isn’t like other people that think I bite like a Pit Bull Terrier. And I don’t reject her instantly like I do with other people because she doesn’t show any sign of discomfort –like girls-, fear –like kids or adults-, or joke -like guys- around me. The problem is I always I forget her name.

As I drifted off into the music my iPod played I had things in mind, like my future. Indeed, I am careless, but I do need to work on something rather than work in a McDonalds. I have a year left. Oh right, I repeated a grade but I don’t want to talk about it. Anyway, I don’t find myself into any career. But I really want to leave the house once I finish school because there’s always a fight with my twin brother and my grandmother. Jacob, my brother. Ha! We always fight for stupid things. He’s this metro-sexual, self-absorbed idiot that thinks life is too easy, but I know it’s not easy for him because I’ve heard him cry about our parents a lot. Yet, he damns them in front of his friends, and lies that they abused him when he was younger and they preferred me. Anyway, at school, we’re strangers and people have no idea we’re brothers, even though we’re twins. But whatever. I’m a girl and he’s a boy from a different planet. So, my grandmother, Heidi. She’s the typical, ambitious grandmother. She played poker and really doesn’t care at all, so she’s never home.

I sighed as I heard the school bell. It was time to get home. Oh, yeah! I skipped history class, but the teacher missed school today and I thought I’d have some free time to enjoy my loneliness. I picked up my bag and ran away before the students claim they saw me skip class. I don’t own a car because I’m afraid of driving, so I always walk home.

I stopped by the bakery to buy myself a treat and to do my homework. It was a short Pre-Calculus sheet that we needed to hand in for tomorrow, and I knew I could finish it fast enough and an English class essay. Soon after I finished with my homework, it started to rain. I spent the day waiting for the rain to stop. It didn’t bother me to stay here and do nothing. I enjoyed loneliness, sometimes. Plus, I saved three hours of fighting with Jacob. Practically, I just stared at the rain and at the people arriving and leaving the bakery.

My house was not far nor near for school. It takes 20 minutes by walking. I take these 20 minutes as an excuse to get lost from my brother. Too bad it’s only 20 minutes. It would have been better if it was an hour or more. And I don’t care if my legs would start hurting. Pain is a part of life.

When the rain stopped I left. I’d say it was around 8. On my way home, I could hear some yelling ahead of me. Indeed. It was a fight. I couldn’t make out the faces of the people since it was dark, but I was sure they were men. I decided to take a shortcut through the alley. Even though the alley directed in front of where the men were, I took the risk. If they try to hurt and kill me, then I’ll try to fight back, even though it’s completely useless.

Unfortunately, while I was walking through the alley, a man, who I thought to be part of the group of men fighting, was walking through the alley as well. I thought of retrieving and waiting at a store, but I took a deep breathe and kept walking. When we crossed each other, I tried to keep walking but he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me toward him.

“What’s a girl like you doing at this time of the night?” he said making me look at his eyes. His eyes had a color I thought it never existed on people. It was a dark red mixing with black.

I felt a terrible cold inside me. I was definitely nervous, but I almost spoke confidently and furious. “What’s an idiot like you passing by the alley?” He laughed at my sarcasm and said, “Me? I’m just looking for food.”

“Well, I suggest you to go to the supermarket where you can find all varieties of food. Unless you want to check something on the trash can.” I pulled back my hand, but he had a good grip on it.

He chuckled –and it gave me the creeps. “Milady, I just found my food.”

He didn’t give me the time to think about that last sentence. He had pulled me toward him, and within milliseconds I felt a sting in my neck. Then the sting became intense. I felt the drowning of my body, and my fingertips were running cold. I finally felt like I was running empty.

My eyes were closing no matter how hard I tried to keep them up. I tried to speak, but only a whisper came out, “Please, don’t.” I knew that I wanted to die because I didn’t find myself that useful in my life, but I would never ask to die this way. At last I felt numb.

Even though drowsiness was stronger than my power, my senses were still working. I could hear somebody else coming toward us, and I hoped it was someone that would help me.

The person gasped, and yelled, “Brandon, what are you doing? Don’t you realize who she is?”

The man who was killing me let go of me. I’d sworn I was close to seeing The Light, but with the poor consciousness I had and the small knowledge I had of who was who, I realized somebody was pointing my face with the light so the man would look at me. Instantly, my assassin gasped.

“It’s… it’s her. She’s-”

And before I could listen to the rest of his sentence, I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
It ends up in the same way other cliche stories do. I admit, the ending of this chapter is cliché, but the plot is different. ;P
I'll put the second chapter in some minutes, or tomorrow.