Sequel: Walls
Status: finished. the story continues in the sequel.

Story of a Girl

Drunken Confessions & Kisses

Alex was sitting on his bed, an acoustic in his hands. He was working on a song, He was basing it loosely around his and Sydney's conversations. his cell buzzed telling him he had a text.

From: Syd
can we meet up?


he smiled to himself, and texted her a quick yes. he grabbed his grey beanie and a hoodie. he walked out of his house, his keys in his hand. he was in his car when she texted back.

From: Syd
the docks?


he texted back yes again and started on his way there. When he pulled up, she was already there, watching the sun setting, a bag next to her. her feet were dangling over the water and he walked over, sitting down. he saw the green bottle in her hand and he shook his head. she looked over and took a sip, slightly making a face. she passed him the bottle and he took a sip, making a face himself.

"What's wrong?" she shook her head, and took another sip.

He knew not to press her, she'd tell him when she wanted to. she passed him the bottle and he took the last sip. she pulled out another bottle, but this time she pulled out a chaser. they drank until they were both beyond drunk.

"I miss him, Alex." she said quietly, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes.

He took her hand in his and squeezed it.

"I know." she shook her head, "Seeing Jesse and Marla today....getting his dogtags...." she shook her head again tears streaming down her face. "I'm not a good person Alex." he looked at her in shock.

"Yes you are, Syd. You're such an amazing person. You're caring. You're not like the sluts around here-"

"Barely! I don't have sex, but I'll make out with any guy. I'll get shitfaced, get high! In someways that's worse!" she cried and then took a deep breath and continued, "I dropped out of high school. I don't have any future and I-" he cut her off by cupping her face and placing a kiss on her lips.

She was shocked at first, but closed her eyes and kissed him back. She brought her hands to his face and brought it closer. They could taste the alcohol on each other's lips and tongues, but they didn't care.

Nothing was on their minds except to keep kissing who they were kissing. A bottle fell off the dock and shattered, which broke whatever spell they were under.

"Alex..." her eyes widened and she touched her lips, tears coming to her eyes.

"Sydney, I'm so sorry." he said quickly.

She shook her head. Alex didn't know what to say to her. He felt like he failed her.

"Alex, I'm going to go home." he watched as she got into her car and drove off.

Alex sighed, running a hand through his hair, causing his beanie to fall off. He felt like he had failed her in the worst way. She had just said that she was a slut, that all she did was make-out with random guys and then they...kissed drunkenly. he threw an empty bottle she had left out into the ocean in frustration. He got into his car and drove to his house, knowing that the morning would be worse then right now.

Because in the morning he would have to face the consequences of his actions tonight.

He'd have to have a logical reason as to why he kissed her.

Actually, he did.

He was falling for Sydney Maxwell, and there wasn't anything he could do to stop it.

_______________________________________________________________________

Sydney was laying in bed that night, fresh from her shower. she touched her lips and recalled his lips on hers. she had to admit it felt right kissing Alex. She knew that it shouldn't be, but she couldn't deny how it had felt. Shaking her head, she decided that she would talk to him in the morning about it.

_______________________________________________________________________

Alex awoke to his mom talking to someone. He walked toward the voices, scratching the back of his head. He looked up and there sat Sydney.

"Hey sleeping beauty." she said with a smile. Alex scrunched his nose at her.

"What time is it?"

"Almost noon. I'll leave you two kids alone. I need to go grocery shopping and run some other errands." his mom got up, getting her purse and walked out the door. Alex sat down next to her on the couch.

"Morning Syd."

"Afternoon, Alex."

they sat in silence for a bit, just sitting awkwardly.

"So Sydney, about that kiss...I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I mean....I did kiss back." he smiled somewhat nervously.

"Yeah...."

"Look, Alex. I love our friendship. And I don't want to ruin that. You're the only one who never made me feel like a cheap whore, or just a make-out buddy. You saw me as an actual person. And I'm thankful. I just...I can't take that friendship any further. I just can't right now. You deserve a girl who wouldn't make out with guys at parties."

Alex sighed.

"Syd. I understand. We can just not talk about it. Act like it never happened."

she bit her lip.

"I don't want to seem like I regret it. I don't."

Alex smiled and nodded.

"Okay."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments??

next chapter is intense. apparently some people thought that it was bad. because I got messages. but it has to happen. so just letting you guys know beforehand.

right now, I'm coughing and achy and feel like shit.

probably because I had three shows in a row this past week. but Idk.

tell me what you loved, hated and any in between. :]