Sequel: A Mistaken Kiss
Status: how do you guys like the new layout??(:

Arranged and pregnant. With two different people.

Oh no!

I nervously sat behind a table. We were at a fancy restaurant and God knows what its called. I didn't really care. I was getting a scolding from my dad. OK, i lied. The dress totally made me look like a ho. But who really cares? I mean, its not like I was getting hired for a job or anything.
And I also wore a lot of black.
My dad threw out the milk, complaining about expiration dates lying and suing. But it's not like it's giving me suicide thoughts. It's just vomit. Big deal.
I sighed and sunk down in my chair. Dad cleared his throat. I quickly sat upright.
"Who are we waiting for?" I asked...again
"You'll see" He responded....again.
I rolled my eyes....again.
And so i went back to checking out the guys here. After a couple, i would ask the same question, get the same response, and-
Whoa.
That guy is like seriously HOT!
A man cleared his throat behind me. I turned around and saw a man and a woman standing happily next to my dad. They seemed extremely proud. I snorted quietly. And my dad thought i looked like a ho?
Pa-Leese!
"Hello Stephen" The man said.
"Darwin" Dad said. They shook hands while Mom and they lady exchanged hellos. I nudged Jeremy. He looked up at me angrily. I nodded towards the couple. Quickly, he shoved his game boy into my hands. I put it in my purse.
"And you must be Carter and Jeremy" The man said "I'm Darwin and this is my wife Sydney. And this is our son Cody"
A cute guy appeared from behind them. That HOT guy from before had some serious competition here. This guy came close. But the HOT guy still won...slightly.
Cody waved to us. Dad motioned for them to sit. Thankfully, Jeremy occupied the seat next to me. Unfortunately....
"Jeremy, come sit over here so the Smith's can sit together" Mom said. Jeremy got up and sat across from me. Cody sat down. Thank gawd cause that guy looked super pedophile like. Creepy!
As soon as they sat, a waiter walked over.
"Can I get you something to drink?" He asked. He stood closest to me and boy, he was cute! Gawd! I love this place! So many hotties!
I was about to say something sexy when my dad spoke "Ah, yes. The kids would like coke and we'll take wine"
"Red or white?"
"Red" Dad said.
Way to be rude old man.
The waiter wrote that down, looked at me, winked, and walked away. I flipped my hair like I didn't notice. I'll go to the bathroom soon and maybe pass him, accidentally brush up against him, and kiss him.
Sweet! Perfect! Nothing can go wrong!
Just have to time it perfectly....
"So, Carter, are you in any sports?" Darwin asked.
I nodded "I play softball"
"Really?" Cody asked
"No. I felt like lying. I actually play football" I said sarcastically
Dad glared at me. Cody laughed "That's cool. I play baseball. We should totally practice some time"
I looked him up and down, and laughed
"Thanks, but I wouldn't want you to be embarrassed"
"What? Why?"
"Cause I will kick your a-"
"Carter!"
"Butt!"
Dad was seriously going to explode if I wasn't more careful.
The waiter returned with our drinks. When he asked for our food, i noticed how he really only spoke to me.
"And you?" He asked, giving me a special smile, which i did not fail to return.
"Yeah I'll take the uhm..." I couldn't pronounce the thing, so instead I pointed to the picture "That one"
The waiter chuckled "Sure thing. Small or large portion"
"I like 'em big"
"Carter!"
"Small please" I corrected
"Coming right up"
Gawd! I am HUNGRY! So maybe I said it in a way I could be implying something. But I wasn't actually.....or was I?
I could feel someone looking at me. I turned my head to see Cody smirking at me.
"May I help you?"
"I can think of a few ways"
"Cody!" His dad said
"I was just asking if she could help me straighten my tie" He said innocently
"Oh something's definitely not straight. And it isn't just his tie" I snapped
"Carter!" Dad yelled at the same time as Cody's dad yelled "Cody!"
We both rolled our eyes. It was like they were watching us like an experiment. Creepy!
Cody and I were careful of our conversation the rest of the dinner. The food came faster than most restaurants do. I dug into it hungrily. I could feel Dad's eyes on me. He would totally be yelling at me to be more lady like if he could.
I'm screwed when I get home.
I saw the waiter watching me.
I have to go to the bathroom.
"Excuse me" I mumbled, standing up.
"Where are you going?" Dad asked
"Bathroom" I said
"No your not"
Frick! He knew the game! I grumbled and settled down.
"Now, Stephen, if she has to use the bathroom, let her"
"Oh she's got other plans than just using the bathroom"
I rolled my eyes and prayed for this dinner to go by faster.
"Uhm, Cody, can we talk to you?" Darwin asked. The whole family stood up and walked away.
"Great. Leaving the bill with us" I heard Jeremy mutter.
"They are not." Mom said
"Carter! What are you thinking! These are very important people we're dealing with!" Dad hissed "Behave now, or you'll be grounded until you hit college! And that means no more Jim!"
Jim was my boyfriend.
"But--but--!" I whined.
"No!"
I huffed and settled back in my seat. The Smith's returned a few minutes later, smiling.
Dad grinned
"And.....?" He asked
"We've come to a conclusion. Yes, the deal is sealed"
"What deal?" I asked.
"Well, Carter, you're going to marry Cody"
Wait. What?
Ha ha. Nice joke dad.
Real mature.
Yeah....reeeealll mature.....
I started to laugh.
Jeremy joined in too.
Why isn't anyone else laughing?
Oh frick! They're serious!
Frick! frick! frick!
No! Hell no!
"You're kidding right?"
No one answered
"Right?!"
"Carter" Dad said
"MOM! PLEASE! Please tell me your kidding!"
She shook her head.
"But what about Jim! You love him! How could you do that to him! To me?!"
"Carter, not now!"
"Ugh!"
"Its not like Cody's the devil or something" Dad snapped "You two seemed perfectly fine before"
"Tell you what, Carter" Sydney stepped in. Or should I say, the bitch. "If you and Cody dint feel a connection in a year, we'll cancel the whole thing. OK?"
"A year?! Are you fucking serious?!"
Frick! I never cuss unless I'm super angry!
"Well, yes. That way you two can adjust"
"UGH!" I groaned.
"Carter, your things are packed. You're leaving tonight. And that's final" Dad said
"Come Carter, we'll show you the car"
"You better be rich"
Cody chuckled
"Shut it pretty-boy" I snapped
"Carter, I'm a pretty good banker, if I do say so myself."
I rolled my eyes
"Alright. Say your goodbyes"
"What?! I can't even go home and do that?"
Dad shook his head.
"ARGH!"
I waved goodbye and followed the Smith's to Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okey dokey. Thank you for reading, please comment, and um, have a nice day!