Sequel: A Mistaken Kiss
Status: how do you guys like the new layout??(:

Arranged and pregnant. With two different people.

kiss

I wrapped the towel tighter around me as a breeze picked up. Lee went to bed already feeling sick. So I came and stood by the railing, just staring out at the endless water.
I could hear footsteps behind me, but I ignored them.
Until they stopped next to me.
“Cold?” He asked
I looked up and shrugged. Cody shrugged out of his jacket he was wearing and handed it to me.
“No, I can’t” I said “You’ll be cold”
“I’m fine” Cody said. I noticed that even though he wore a short-sleeved shirt, he didn’t have any goose bumps or anything.
After I noticed that, I was more willing to accept his jacket. I traded it for the towel and turned my attention back to the sea.
“Thanks” I muttered
“No problem” He replied back
It was silent for a few minutes. It felt a little weird having someone right next to me while I was staring at the ocean.
Cody sighed “What’s so entertaining about this?”
I shrugged “I don’t know. It just is”
“Huh”
“Cody you can leave”
“Do you want me to?”
I shrugged “It doesn’t matter”
“Then if its ok with you, I think I’ll stay”
“Why are you suddenly getting my permission?”
He shrugged this time “I don’t know”
“huh”
“Carter” He started
“Yeah?”
Cody shook his head “Never mind”
“No tell me”
“I said never mind” He said in a harsher tone
I quirked an eyebrow “What makes you think you can talk to me in that tone?”
Cody sighed, obviously annoyed “Please stop with the questions”
“Why?”
“Cause they’re giving me a headache”
“Ok”
It was silent again
“Is it like a bad headache or something?”
“Carter!”
I laughed
“You suck woman”
“Love you too”
“Hey! No! That’s mine!”
“What? Are you kidding me? I say it all the time!”
“No way! I’ve always said it! Don’t be stealing my stuff woman!”
“I’m not stealing you’re stuff because it was never yours to begin with idiot!”
“Hey, that’s not cool!” He growled
“Neither is your mom”
“Shut up” he laughed
A cold wind blew by, causing me to shiver in his coat. I glanced over and saw that finally Cody showed some signs of a normal person by getting goose bumps. He saw me looking and grinned.
“What? Are my biceps really that attractive?” He smirked
“Oh shut up” I rolled my eyes
“Come on. It’s cold. Let’s get inside”
“Finally he shows that he really is cold” I said
Cody rolled his eyes as we walked into the hallway. It was much warmer here, but I kept his jacket on. Only because it kept my heat better than the towel did and I was freezing!
We reached our door and walked in.
It was MUCH MUCH warmer in our room then the hallway or outside. I shrugged out of the jacket, handing it back to him.
“Thanks” I said again
“No problem” He repeated
We stood there awkwardly for a few seconds. I think it dawned on us both then that we had actually acted civil around each other for more than a few minutes.
And we were alone. Not putting on a show for anyone.
“So” I started “Do you want to take a shower first?”
“Nah you can” Cody said, running a hand through his hair. I nodded and walked into the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and turned the water on.
I stripped off my clothes and stepped in, letting the even WARMER water pound on my back. I shampooed and conditioned, scrubbed and shaved, and finally finished.
I think I did that all in record time too!
I turned the water off and grabbed a towel. As I walked out, Cody walked in and instantly the water turned on. I quickly changed into my pj’s, sitting on the bed. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on, flipping past channels until I hit the discovery channel.
They had mythbusters going on. I turned the volume up and watched it.
It was the one where they have to see if the stuff from the spy movies are real and not just stuff they do for the movie.
I felt an arm go around my waist and nearly jumped a foot.
I put my hand to my chest as I turned to glare at Cody. He grinned cockily at me
“What was that for?!” I hissed
“I told you yesterday, I’m cuddling my wifey”
“Fiancé” I corrected
“Same thing”
“Big difference”
“Shut up and go with it”
I rolled my eyes.
“Hmm”
“What?” I asked
“Nothing”
“Then what was with the ‘hmm’?” I asked
He shrugged “I don’t know”
“Yeah you do. Tell me”
He shrugged again “I have no clue what you’re talking about”
“Cody” I hissed
“Fine you smell nice”
“C—what?” I turned to face him, flabbergasted
He smirked, but kept his mouth shut otherwise
“Did you just say I SMELL nice?!”
He didn’t respond
“Hey! Answer me!”
Cody shrugged “Yeah I guess I did”
“Why?” It was the only thing I could think of to say
He shrugged “I don’t even know myself
“Oh”
He chuckled
“Well…um…thanks for telling me i…smell nice”
Cody laughed “No problem”
“You’re so weird”
“I am not!”
“Walking around and telling girls they smell nice is weird, Cody”
“Sure” HE said sarcastically.
Suddenly a big crack of thunder erupted above us. Both of us looked up at the ceiling foolishly. Yeah because we were going to see the clouds and lightning through a fucking ceiling.
We looked back at eachother and then out the window.
A flash of lightning burst through the dark sky, lighting up the ocean.
Through the loud speakers we heard “All guests are to evacuate the swimming area immediately”
“Good thing you’re not out there now, huh?” Cody smirked
“Yup” I said popping the ‘p’
I looked back at Cody as another blast of thunder erupted again.
My mouth molded with his. I twisted my fingers in his hair, pulling his head towards mine. His hands were around my waist, pulling me on top of him. We stretched out on the bed. I pulled my fingers from his hair, running them up and down his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me to him.
We rolled over so that I was underneath. His fingers brushed the edge of my shirt, tracing around the rim. My tongue was in his mouth. He was already not wearing a shirt to begin with, so I continued to run my fingers up and down his chest.
He gripped the edge of my shirt and started to bring it up. We separated so he could pull it off.
And we didn’t connect again.
My shirt was on the floor. Cody’s arm was wrapped around my waist, arching me to him. My hands were still resting on his chest. Our breathing was fast and shallow. I was aware that I was just in pants and a bra.
“What the hell?” We said together. I sat up, making a show of wiping away his germs.
But I was more curious as to which one of us pulled the other in.
And I think it was Cody…
♠ ♠ ♠
do you like Lee or Cody better?