Sequel: A Mistaken Kiss
Status: how do you guys like the new layout??(:

Arranged and pregnant. With two different people.

Jeremy

I blinked and for a second everything seemed to stop. Cody and I were still touching slightly. I was on the counter, my shirt exposing enough of my belly to hint that it wasn’t just fat anymore.
The four adults were on the opposite side of the room. Cody’s parents looked surprised, unable to react fully to my mother’s question. My mom had taken half a step towards me, my dad’s hand pulling her back.
The worst part of it all was Jeremy was standing behind my mom, eyes wide in shock.
“Answer me!” My mom yelled at me, snapping me back into reality.
“I.. I… its… I… we…” I stuttered for words, trying to figure out what to say. Cody couldn’t even cover up for me. Both of us were at a lose for words.
“Oh my Lord” My mom screamed “She’s pregnant!”
“Is this true?” Darwin stepped around my parents, talking to Cody.
Cody gave a small nod. I gulped, involuntarily gripping his shoulder. It was just were my hand was…
“YOU GOT MY DAUGHTER PREGNANT?” My father roared at Cody. Apparently, he forgot that married people tend to have sex. He was the one forcing me into this. I felt it unnecessary to tell them it wasn’t Cody’s kid.
“I..” I could tell Cody was a little afraid of my father
“This wasn’t part of the deal, Darwin!” My dad roared, turning to face Cody’s father.
“‘Part of the deal?’” Darwin roared back “You knew damn well what you were signing your daughter into! I can’t help it if they sleep with each other before their marriage!”
“You promised me she’d be married before she was pregnant!”
“I can’t watch them twenty-four/seven! They’re almost adults, Stephen!”
“She’s my little girl!” My dad’s voice cracked and I knew this was it. “You promised me she’d be married before she had a kid!”
“And she will be!” Cody’s mom stepped in, to the rescue
“What?” I asked at the same time as pretty much everyone else in the room.
“The wedding’s going to have to take place sooner than planned” Sydney said, earning looks of surprise from everyone in the room “They’ve had ample time to get to know each other. Obviously, there’s some improvement going on”
She gestured to me.
I narrowed my eyes, blushing slightly
“Why not move it to next month? Heck, why not in a few weeks?” She said.
My mom nodded “It’d require a lot of planning now, but we can still manage it.”
“I’m thinking, two weeks from now?” Sydney asked
“TWO WEEKS?” I shouted
“There’s plenty of time for you to get everything done that you need to do”
“You can’t honestly expect everything to work on in two weeks, can you?” Darwin asked
“We’ll have to cancel some plans and make new ones, but yes. It will have to” my mom said to Darwin with a voice of authority
My dad was leaning against the wall, his face hidden from everyone. I glanced at Cody, my face expressing all my feels.
His met mine, mirroring it.
The women and Darwin left the room, off to set all the plans up again.
“I’ll be right back” I whispered, pulling away from Cody. He took the hint for once, nodding.
“Yo Jeremy!” He called, getting my little brother’s attention. Jeremy looked up, hesitant of why Cody wanted his attention. Cody motioned for him to follow “I’ve got this video game I want to show you”
Jeremy took off, leaving the room to me and my father.
I walked over, placing a hand tentatively on his shoulder “Dad?”
He looked at me, his eyes moist slightly. He grinned, pulling me into a hug. I hugged back as best as I could, feeling his chest shake against me in sadness.
“You’re my baby girl” he whispered in my ear “I didn’t want you pregnant”
“I know dad, I don’t want to be either”
“This is all my fault”
“No its not!”
“Yes it is! If I hadn’t forced you to live with that damn Smith boy…”
“Dad, don’t blame yourself! I was the one that didn’t use protection” Gosh this conversation felt so awkward.
“You’re getting married to him! You didn’t have to use protection!”
“Then why are you so upset?”
“I don’t want my baby girl to have a child of her own when she’s not even an adult yet”
“Daddy I’m fine” I said “I pretty much do anyways, living with Cody. He’s such a lazy-ass”
My dad didn’t even yell at me for cussing around him. He must really feel bad about all this. Sadly enough, I didn’t. “He better treat you right”
“He does. He treats me better than I treat him”
“Which doesn’t say much”
I laughed “You’re right about that… but he’s not…entirely awful.”
My dad pulled away, leaving his arms on my shoulder. I smiled encouragingly at him. He gave me a half-smile back
“You’re going to be a grandfather soon” I said, trying to make it sound like a good thing
“You’re going to be a mother”
“I’m ready for it”
“I don’t think you are”
“You never will, dad”
“You’re right” He sighed, wiping his eye with his thumb “Sorry you had to see me like that”
“Its probably the first time I ever have”
He laughed “It’ll probably be the last too, darling”
“Should have gotten a video camera”
“You’re so funny” He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes “Now let’s go find the wedding planners”
“If you don’t mind” I said, trying to avoid a room full of my parents and my in-laws talking about my fate, “I haven’t seen Jeremy in what feels like forever”
“I’m surprised you two aren’t fighting yet. Don’t let him stress you out, sweetie” Dad smiled “Go on”
I grinned, and hugged him one last time. I took off up the stairs, heading towards my old bedroom, which I had learned was the game room before.
In there, Cody sat on a couch, controller in hand. Jeremy sat on a beanbag, controller in hand also. They mirrored positions, eyes glued on the TV. I closed the door loudly, though neither of them looked my way.
As a way of saying hello to my darling brother, I walked over to the couch, sitting on Cody’s lap.
“Carter! Watch it!” Jeremy snapped as I got in the way. I tucked my head under Cody’s chin, not hearing a complaint from him.
“Oh be quiet, Jeremy” I snapped “I haven’t seen you in forever”
“Whatever”
“Love you too little bro”
“Cody you need to press the red button to jump!” Jeremy instructed
“I’m trying little man, but your sister’s kind of on top of me” Cody laughed
“Just push her off”
“HEY!” I yelled at him
“Are you kidding?” Cody laughed “If I do that, I won’t get any action until the honeymoon”
“HEY” I yelled at Cody “Don’t be saying stuff like that around him!”
“It’s not like I haven’t seen worse” Jeremy rolled his eyes “You two were pretty close a couple minute ago”
“I…” I blushed deeply “Uh…um…”
“And there was that one time with that one dude, Alex” Jeremy said. I blushed further
Cody stiffened under me “What happened with that punk?”
“Nothing” I said quickly “Nothing happened”
“I had to pee and I walked in on her and Alex in the shower”
“Jeremy!” I snapped
Cody frowned “What else?”
“No! Jeremy don’t you dare!”
I could almost see the evil grin on Jeremy’s face “Well there was this one time at my baseball game with… what was his name again?”
“Oh please, Jeremy! No!”
“Jack! That was his name!”
“What happened with Jack?” Cody said, clearly upset about what was to come
“Well Dad and I found them behind the snack stand. And Carter was only in her underwear. Jack had nothing. It was pretty gross”
“Jeremy!” I yelled
“You want to hear something else, Cody?” Jeremy said, pausing the game to focus on us.
“Yes” Cody said
“JEREMY. NO” I shouted, getting up off of Cody. I ran towards my brother chasing him around the room. I would have easily gotten him if I wasn’t pregnant.
“I WAS LOOKING THROUGH CARTER’S PHONE ONE TIME” Jeremy said as I chased him
“JEREMY SHUT UP!” I pleaded “I’LL BUY YOU ICE CREAM OF SOMETHING”
“AND I FOUND—”
“JEREMY PLEASE!” I said, grabbing his ankle. I pulled him down, getting over top of him. Quickly, I covered his mouth. “Jeremy! If you stop talking, I’ll take you out and buy you ice cream or something”
He debated, eyes switching from where Cody was sitting to me. Finally, he nodded
I got off.
“What did you find?” Cody asked, standing up, fist clenched.
My eyes widened just as Jeremy spoke.
“I FOUND SOME GUYS WIENER ON HER PHONE”
Jeremy dashed off into a different room, leaving me to face Cody’s wrath.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked(:
Thanks for the feedback guys keep it up! any thing you wanna see happen, any predictions, greatly appreciated!
infact, I LIVE FOR THEM.
hahaha.
<3 YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH!!
Subscribe& comment.