Sleepless Nights Don't Get Much Better

We fight for the northern star

As we made daisy chains, my mind flashed back and forth to what had gone on and how it had started. Did Alec really think he was going to be able to bite me and no one would say a word? He had told me he loved me, but he had just proved that was a lie, he tried to kill me. ? I looked at Nessie, her facial expression so calm. She looked older and acted older than she actually was, yet I knew she had no clue what was going on. I mean she was still of the impression Jacob was ‘just’ her friend.

She was had no clue how cruel and disappointing the world was, she would have to face it over and over again, as would I. We had no escape. It was at this moment I truly understood what my English Teacher had been saying about Daisy. She had been stuck in a world so unfair, so unforgiving, and so cruel that she had become the person she was to protect herself, to survive, to make sure that her daughter had a proper chance to see the world through the same innocent eyes that she currently did. Unlike us Daisy had an escape. That escape came in the form of death .

“Auntie Emily?” Nessie asked her eyes wide and full of surprise.

“Yeah Ness what can I help with.” I muttered threading the next daisy through the previous, not taking my eyes off the view in front of me.

“Your phones ringing.” She said simply

I felt my mouth form a small 'o' shape.

As I fumbled on the ground for the small device that was singing Fingerprints by Katy Perry. I never expected Emmett on the other side of the speaker.

“Emmy can you come back, you’re the only thing he remembers and he’s freaking out, you need to get back here and start to explain what’s happened to him.” Emmett spoke lowly and gruffly.

“We’re on our way.” I breathed out and hung up before Emmett could disagree with me or give any more instructions.

Nessie must have understood what was happening because as soon as I had started running she was at my heels, I had reached the house when I realised how stupid I was being. I was putting my nieces’ life in danger. I turned sharply on my heel.

“Ness, go back to your house now, I’m not asking you, I’m telling you. I’ll sent Bella or Edward down in a minute. “I barked wincing slightly at how harsh my voice sounded.

“No.” She said simply pushing past me and entering the house.

“Bella get down here, your daughter refuses to leave.” I spoke in my normal voice slipping my shoes off and leaving them at the door.

I walked past her, leaving her to deal with Ness, and calmly went up the stairs. I stood outside the door looking at everyone’s grave faces. My smile faltered and I felt my brow crinkle together in confusion.

“What happened since Emmett called?” I asked my voice soft and calm, preparing for any nasty shocks or surprises.

“They sort of, it just...” Alice trailed off.

“Jacob attacked Alex, He’s fine don’t worry but I can’t say the same for Jacob.” Jasper finished for her, clearly sensing my panic.

I looked at the two of them, they stood together. They were perfect for each other. They fit together like Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks. One without the other was un-natural. They never fought or raised their voices at each other. I only hoped that Alex and I could be half as perfect as that.

I smiled and opened the door to see Jacob with a scar the whole way down his face where Alex had clearly took a swipe at him. They were circling each other. Both head snapped up when they heard me enter the room and shut the door tight.

“Bella Donna.” Alex whispered when I entered the room.

“My soul.” I finished for him grinning.

“When you’re quite finished with my cousin, maybe you can explain why he’s now one of you?” Jacob snarled.

“He’s my la tua cantante, and like it or not Jacob, I don’t think I could live without your cousin. It would be like Bella without Edward.” I grinned getting the slight jibe in there.

“She’s my Bella Donna; I’ll fight for her because Jake man, you have to understand this, she’s my soul, my Northern star.”

He quickly opened the door and slammed it shut. Everyone peaked there head around the door. If I could have cried at that moment I would have flooded the room. I felt warm and this time it wasn’t Jazz’s doing. This was a feeling I didn’t think that I would ever feel. I felt loved. I finally found him, and nothing was going to tear him away from me. I loved him and judging by what he had just said he loved me. I was his Bella Donna.

That song had reduced me to tears so many times; it was one of the few things I remembered. I always wanted to be someone’s Bella Donna. Be it my mothers, fathers or someone else’s, and now I was. I never thought I would, but I had finally stepped out of the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Alex, my muse and my best friend.
We might fight but he'll never know how much I truely appreciate him.

Outfit

Peace & Love
Natalie xxx