Status: Active

Pick The Poison And Pour Yourself A Glass

A New Start

"Thanks for feeding us," Sisky said as he placed his plate in the dishwasher.

"The chicken quesadilla really hits the spot," Mike continued.

The boys said their "thank you for feeding us," statements and went on ahead in playing Final Fantasy. Typical. Which left me, Spencer and William.

"I'll just go out and smoke a few ciggies," Spencer said and went out.

The tour bus had a little "stop over", obviously.

Which left me and William eating the last remains of our meal. Man, I never knew I was such a slow eater. Oh well.

As I was just about to shove the last piece of quesadilla into my mouth, Beckett went all curious.

"So, what was your dream about anyway?" he asked. "If you don't mind,"

Of course I mind. Silly boy.

Still, I decided not to be rude and tell him what I dreamt of.

"My ex," I said neutrally and started playing with the crumbs and chicken grits that settled on my plate.

"I see," he simply commented. "Mind explaining it further?"

"He was my boyfriend when I was in Senior High," I said softly. "We broke up for some unknown reason."

When I said that, I laughed. Although that laugh came out cold.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I'm being a bit bipolar today."

"It's alright," William smiled. "Must be real tough for you,"

"Yea," I smiled back. "It's just that, things were going so well at first. Then it ended up that way. It's been years... and I still wonder what went wrong."

"I know how you feel," he said as he stood up and placed his plate in the dishwasher. "It's not a smooth ride all the time, some things just happen for a reason. You know what I mean?"

"I do," I answered.

He was right. Everything he said sank in to me, fast.

"Good," he smiled and ruffled my hair. "So stop being so melodramatic and go check on Spencer. God knows how many packs she smoked."

I chuckled and stood up from my seat. British accent boy's right, I should check on Spencer.

I got out of the tour bus and saw Spencer seated on a beach nearby,

"I see Beckett made you happy," she said as she took another drag.

"He made me feel better," I answered.

To be honest, he made me feel a whole lot better. More than better I mean. Something about him, made me feel special. Something I haven't felt in a long time.

"You know," she said as she heavily exhaled the smoke. "You should thank him once in awhile,"

"I know," I sighed. "And by the way, you should really stop smoking."

I grabbed the pack of cigarettes she was holding and kept it in my pocket.

"Look at who's acting all motherly now," she rolled her eyes.

I got the pack of cigarettes from my pocket and stood up.

I went over to the lake and threw it.

"What the hell did you do?!" Spencer shouted.

"That could kill you, you know," I said and looked at her. "Don't you want to live longer?"

I just stared at the soaked cigarettes which was now floating on top of the lake. I should clean that up later, though.

"And I don't want that to happen," I said, concern and loneliness filled my tone. "I don't want you to go and leave me. So stop smoking shit okay?"

She just stared at me then laughed. I had no intention of being funny. I was serious.

"You're just so funny sometimes," she said as she pinched my cheeks. "So damn funny,"

I looked at her dead in the eye.

"Fine," she said as she stepped on her cigarette. "Just because you're my best friend."

I smiled at her. Relief evident in my face. I knew she made a promise. A promise that she'd keep.

"Hey, you guys better get in quick." Tom called out.

We went back in the bus, hands intertwined.

I now feel that I'm not alone. That someone still cares about me. And I wouldn't ask for anything more.

It was nearing 11 p.m. when I felt my phone vibrate.

It was a text from my mom.

Trista dear, me and your father are going to the Carribean for a business trip. Sorry we didn't tell you sooner. We love you very much. -Mom

This is just great. Just. Great.

Who the hell would have a business trip in the Carribean?

That's just non-sense.

"Who texted you?" Spencer asked me.

"My mom," I replied back.

She must have seen the pissed, betrayed look on my face.

"What did she say?"

"They're having a business trip in the Carribean," I rolled my eyes. "So it's just useless for me to go to L.A. now. Drop me off and I'll hire a cab back to Illinois."

They just laughed at me.

What. So I'm the joke now?

"We're miles away from the city," William stated. "No cab would bring you there,"

"What Bill said is true, darling." Spencer pointed out.

"Nice friend you got there," The for boys laughed. "Great sense of humor,"

I glared at Spencer and the boys.

"Just relax," Spencer said and pinched my cheeks. "This is our chance to bond and stuff. We get to travel half of America too,"

"Alright, alright." I said in defeat. "Don't go all cliché on me,"

They all grinned at me.

Well, I guess this really is the time to get away and let loose. I DO NEED A VACATION.

I deserve it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shitty update. Comment though?