‹ Prequel: A Messed-Up Heart
Sequel: Amazing Almost Twins

A Mistaken Identity

Realizations

Time passed quickly and when it came time for Christmas—a time for family—I knew that it was going to be extremely weird for me. This was to be the first Christmas in which I wouldn’t be spending at the orphanage, the first Christmas that I would be spending with my parents rather than my uncle like I always did. In addition to that, I would have no choice but to spend this Christmas along with the Jonas Brothers. It was not something that I wished to deal with. Even though Joe, his wife, and sister-in-law happened to be helping me with my current situation, I still hated them all; I couldn’t stand to be around them.

My time in Los Angeles was meant for only one purpose and one purpose only: it was done to allow me the chance to get to know my parents. However, with neither of them wanting to do so, there was really no reason for me to be here anymore. But, with Betsy and Amanda wanting to keep Karleigh’s death a secret until they gave birth to their kids, I had no choice but to stay here. Until about the end of July when the girls’ due dates were, I had to stay here impersonating my twin sister. According to the girls and Joe, Karleigh didn’t even know that she had a twin. So, there was really no way for them to know about the fact that there was a twin involved, that Karleigh had one. I had to stay then. Because of Karleigh becoming friends with the Jonas Brothers in the first place, I had to stay.

On Christmas Eve, I trudged over to the Jonas home to meet up with everyone. As it turned out, my parents decided that they were going to on vacation for Christmas while I stay with the Jonases. My parents were evidently far too busy to even spend the holidays with me, and I’m their daughter. It just wasn’t right. My parents were having fun this Christmas while I had to spend it with a family I hated. I sighed and greeted Nick with a sly grin. “Tomorrow’s when your brothers find out about their impending fatherhood,” I said quietly. “How do you think they’ll react to the fact that Amanda and Betsy are both pregnant? I found out when they went to see my uncle, and was pretty shocked. The boys are sure to be shocked with this news as well. Especially so soon after getting married.”

Nick shrugged. “No clue. But, we’ll find out.”

Throughout the evening, Nick and I sat around talking for awhile. Of course, as I soon noticed, it wasn’t like some of the other conversations I’ve held with Nick. It was different. Since Nick and I last spoke yesterday, I had somehow done what I swore never to do: I was falling for Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but very important.

Comment and subscribe.