Crash and We'll Collide

Chapter One;

The clock was taunting me. It was making me out to be a fool for only just realising I could possibly be pregnant. The seconds were ticking by so slowly and the sound of the second hand on the wall clock was reverberating around the room with such an intensity.

The time had finally come for me to pick up the white stick and look at the result of my stupidity. A smiley face. A bloody smiley face. I stared down at the stick, shaking it, hoping it’d change the picture like some etch a sketch

I jumped as my phone rang from my bedside cabinet in the next room. Dropping the pregnancy test in the bin I dashed from the bathroom and clambered to get my phone before the person hung up.

“Hello?” I asked, quite surprised that I was able to find my voice after the initial shock of being pregnant hit me.

“Hey Beth, it’s me,” My brother spoke and I could immediately hear that hint of excitement in his voice.

“What’s up?”

“Well you know we’re going on tour tomorrow?”

“Yeah, you have mentioned it once or twice,” I teased lightly.

“Shut up, it’s not my fault I’m excited. Anyway, there are five of us in the band as you know, so we were wondering if you wanted to come with us because we have a spare bunk. And of course you did come with us on all of those little tours we did and it wouldn‘t be the same to not have you here on the one tour that could help us get our music known,” I could hear slight muttering in the background so I knew the other guys were with him.

“It’s a bit short notice William,” I uttered, hoping he’d drop it. I knew I was going to keep the baby, even though the father left me the night it was conceived, I couldn’t have an abortion. It was my own fault for not realising I was pregnant sooner to be honest - I mean sure there was the whole being sick ordeal but I thought I had just come down with something and with all of the stress of helping my friend set up a small business, I never noticed when my period never came.

However, when my second period never came, all of the warning signs suddenly hit me hard and before I knew it, I was rushing out to buy several pregnancy tests. So would it be a good idea to actually go on tour whilst carrying my unborn child? I think not.

“Come on Beth, please? We all want you to come with us, you’re like a good luck charm in a way. It won’t be fun without you and there are going to be loads of bands there so you’ll never be bored,” And the award for most stubborn Beckett goes to… my brother!

“Sorry Bill but I can’t, this isn’t a good time for me,” I argued weakly, vaguely knowing that in fact I wasn’t going to win this battle.

“Well you know what? Tough. I’m your older brother and I’m forcing you to come on this tour with us. The bus will be outside your house at 5am tomorrow morning. I‘ll see you then,” He said before hanging up the phone. Angrily I sighed and collapsed back on my bed. He always did this, he always put me in positions which I couldn’t wriggle my way out of.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
Comments?
Subscription?