Changing Moments

Chapter 11

Allie's POV.]

David decided to take Lauren and I out for dinner, great just great. It was freezing out that night, Lauren and I only had t-shirts, jeans, and sandals on. I could handle a little cold by myself but Lauren was kind of making it a big deal, if she wasn't one of my best friends I would've said suck it up and stop whining.

" Brrr, guys are we almost there? I'm soo cold!" Lauren said through her chattering teeth.

" Here wear my jacket Lauren, I don't want you to get sick." David pulled off his warm jacket and helped her slip into it. I couldn't even watch, didn't he know I was cold too?

We reached the restaurant in no time, except there was a huge line. David wasn't an all time celebrity yet so we had to wait in line. Did I mention the line was outside backed up down the sidewalk. Fuck, this will be fun. I stood there starting to shiver without even realizing it.

" Allie. You cold?" David asked me.

" No, I'm fine."

" Well I'm a bit cold now that I don't have my jacket." He eyed Lauren.

" And your point is?"

" I need something to warm me up." I knew he was trying to hide the grin that was forming on his lips. Those soft looking lips.

He walked behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him.

" There. That's much better." I was at least a head shorter than David since I felt him rest his chin on the top of my head.

I looked over to my side and saw Lauren still wearing David's jacket. Ha! This was so better than that. Probably just out of habit, David started rocking back and worth gently with warmth still surrounding my body.

" Are you still cold Al?" His concern really made me wonder if he truly cared, and did like me. And Mike's nickname sounded a lot better when he said it, it just seemed to sound like music in my ears.

" As I said, I never was."

" Then do you want me to let go?"

" No, I like it."

" Good, I wasn't going to let go anyways."

David's POV.]

I was hoping all these hints were getting through her head. If I don't get a reaction I might just give up for good, or at least I'll try to.

This restaurant line was taking forever! We might as well just walk back to Michael and I's apartment and make some kraft dinner. I didn't want to move from this spot or let go of Allie, but I think Lauren was getting a little tired. I watched her eyes slowly shut, then jerk back open.

" Come on guys, let's just go back."

" Thank god!" Lauren opened her eyes once again.

I felt Allie start to walk forward out of my grip.

" Hey hey now. Where do you think you're going?"

" Um walking?"

" Not without me you're not. I still need my portable heater by my side." This time I came up beside her and let my arm fall over her shoulder.

I couldn't be putting myself out there anymore. If this wasn't obvious, then I don't know what is. I guess I might need to lay on the charm later on in the night. She won't be able to resist me, but if she can there's always Lauren who liked me for sure.

---

We got back to the apartment and Michael still wasn't back from going out with his wife. I guess I'm the ladies man for the night. This should be fun. I smirked to myself.