Changing Moments

Chapter 24

David's POV.

" Allie?" My voice came out in barely a whisper. This has to be a fucking dream. No way can she be standing in my apartment. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping I would wake up in the dark and these dreams would stop.

This isn't the first time I've dreamt of her, and I swore it was real. I held her close, I smelt her sweet perfume, I kissed her lips. Then I woke up with the painful feeling that she wasn't there. I didn't want to feel the same way again. Slowly I opened my eyes and not a soul was to be seen. A small sigh escaped my lips. It was from both relief and regret. Suddenly I felt a warm presence surround me, the bed seemed to sink down behind where I was sitting.

" I know you're not real." I spoke to her fake figure.

" David? Are you okay?" Her soft velvet voice seemed to linger in the air.

" No. I'm having all these hallucinations. I'm must be mentally ill." I heard a small laugh. Then she seemed to mumble something that sounded like " boy you really are tired."

" I can't be tired. I'm asleep." Wasn't I?

" Whatever, can you just tell me how to wake up?" I was tired of dreams, even though I was with her.

" Okay this is what you need to do, rock star. Get under the covers, rest your head on the pillow, and close your eyes."

----

Allie's POV.

" Good, now last step. Close your eyes." He followed every direction I gave him.

" Then when I open them. This dream will be over?" He asked.

" Yes David. Now goodnight."

I quietly sat on the cold floor by the end of his bed, where he couldn't see me. There was no convincing this man that he wasn't dreaming tonight. I rolled my eyes. He just being stubborn ol' David. The second I saw him placing his face in his hands I knew this wasn't good. I tried to relieve some stress by crawling on the bed behind him, and lightly rubbing his shoulders. That didn't work, he thought I was his imagination.

I waited on the floor until I heard soft snores coming from him. Poking my head up, I found a peaceful David sleeping away. I tip toed over to the opposite side of the bed and slipped underneath the covers. Honestly I was beat. It was at least 1am and I got no sleep at all on the plane. It was just as I closed my eyes when I felt my back being pulled near to an extremely warm chest.

" I decided something." David mumbled. I wasn't sure if he was sleep talking or not so I just let him continue.

" I don't care if this is a dream. I need you." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer than I thought was imaginable. I could only smile to myself while drifting off to sleep.

----------------

The next morning sunlight danced through windows, warming everything in its path. Including David and I, who were still snuggled close to each other under a mound of blankets. He started to stir and grumble to himself. I turned around in his arms so I was facing him. His eyes flickered open, and looked at me in disbelief.

"I-I-? Y-you?....I'm so confused. Are you rea--"

" Yes I'm real." I cut him off.

" Seriously? How can I be sure?"

" I thought you would never ask."

My lips captured his. He seemed to hesitate at first but relaxed immediately. I waited for this moment for so long. I decided that playing it safe was bullshit, I trusted him enough that I knew he wouldn't break my heart. Not now at least. One of his hands slid up from my back to the side of my face. Tenderly he deepened the kiss, letting his tongue trace lightly on my bottom lip.

I don't know why I was being such an idiot before, not wanting anything more but a simple kiss. Now I can say this was a hell of a lot better! He pulled apart a couple minutes later, staring me deep in the eyes. The taste of his mouth seemed to linger in mine as I watched the questions almost appear on his face.

" First off I would like to say... damn that was amazing. Second. So last night was real? I'm surprised you didn't take me to the hospital or something insisting I needed a strait-jacket. Third, why are you here? Fourth...I-I uh. Did you read my email?"

" First, you can only be as amazing as the person kissing you. Second. Yes last night was real, and believe me a strait-jacket was in mind. Third and fourth. I'm here because I read that email. I read it about 5 times. I was having those same exact feelings, but I needed to tell you in person...."

" Mmhm?" He nodded, I could see he was anxious to see what I had to say.

" David, I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback ? :)