Remind Me That We'll Always Have Each Other

That Only I Could Ever Know;

John stared at me in disbelief. Though, I really couldn't blame him. A person telling you that they use to be anorexic, isn't exactly something you hear everyday.

"John?" I asked him, after a minute of silence. He looked at me, wide eyed, and gave me half a smile.

"I'm sorry Kayde."

"It's okay." I laughed, "I don't blame you for being a little freaked out."

"It's just . . . Wow. I didn't know you've gone through so much shit. Jeremiah's never told me any of this before."

"I asked him not to tell anyone." I sighed, "Jeremiah didn't even really know what was happening back then. Like, he knew that I wasn't myself, that I was losing weight, but he had no idea of the full extension of it."

John nodded his head, signaling that he understood what I meant.

"But, you're better now. Right?"

I couldn't help but to smile by the way his voice sounded when he asked me that. "Yeah, I am. It's still a day by day process, but I like to think that I'm somewhat normal now."

He laughed, "Great. Because I really like you Kaydence."

I felt my cheeks growing hot, and I had to look down at my feet. I hated being so damn shy. We stopped walking, and I looked up at him.

"I figured you'd be hungry, because I'm starving."

"We just ate breakfast." I laughed.

He gave me his gorgeous smile, "I know, but what can I say? I'm a fatty."

We both laughed, and he held the door open for me, as we entered the small restaurant.

"Have you ever been here?"

I shook my head, "I don't think so. What's the name?"

"Roscoe's."

Roscoe's didn't ring a bell at all.

"Nope. I haven't been here."

"Good. I'm glad I got to be the first to take you here."

I laughed, and we slid into a booth near a window looking out towards the street.

"Just the two of you today?"

"Yes." John answered the waitress.

She nodded her head, and gave us both a menu. "I'm Elyse. I'll be your waitress for today. Can I start you two off with something to drink?"

"Coke for me." John looked at me. "You?"

"Uh, I'll have the same."

She smiled, "I'll be right back."

I opened the menu and started to look through it. I noticed John didn't open his.

"I thought you were hungry?"

He smiled, "I am. I know what I'm getting."

"And what's that?"

"Roscoe's Famous Steak Burger. It's the best. I do recommend that you try it. Since it is your first time and all."

I laughed, "Okay then. I'll get that."

He smiled, "Great."

Elyse came back with our drinks, and I instantly took a sip out of mines. I hadn't realized how thirsty I was, until now.

"Are you guys' ready to order?"

"We are. We'll both have the Famous Steak Burger."

She wrote the order down on her pad, "Both well done?"

I nodded my head, as did John.

"Okay. It'll be just a few minutes."

She walked away, and I stared out of the window. There was a small cafe right across the street. I don't remember ever seeing it before.

"Ever been there?" John asked, breaking me away from my gaze.

I shook my head, "No. Is it new?"

He took a sip of his coke, "Um, yeah. It's been there for about five months, I wanna say. It's pretty nice inside. They have like open mic nights all the time."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Most of the people are pretty good."

"I'll have to remember that."

He smiled, "Do you sing?"

"Something like that."

He laughed, "What does that mean?"

"I use to sing a lot, before I got . . . .sidetracked."

He nodded his head, "Will I ever get the chance to hear you sing?"

I smiled, "Probably not."

"And why is that?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

I laughed, "You're too nosey for your own good O'Callaghan."

He smiled, "It's my gift."

I rolled my eyes, and took a sip of my drink. "Sure it is."

"But seriously, I wanna hear you sing Kayde."

"And what if I suck?"

"Then you suck. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard someone who couldn't carry a tune."

We both laughed. It amazed me at how easy it was to talk to John. His smile was gorgeous, his eyes lit up everytime he laughed, and his voice . . . it made me smile.

"Maybe somewhere along the road, you'll get to hear me."

"I'm gunna hold you to that."

I smiled, "Okay then."

"Here are your burgers. Is there anything else I can get you?"

"No, this is good. Thank you Elyse." John winked at her.

She gave him a smile, before walking away. Screw walking away, more like strutting away. I looked at John, and rose my eyebrows.

"Really?"

"What?" He poured some ketchup on his fries.

I laughed, "You're a big flirt, aren't you?"

He smiled, "Hardly."

"Mmmhm."

"Are you jealous?"

"Hardly." I mimicked him.

He grinned, "You're a bad liar Kayde."

I eyed him, "Who says I'm lieing?"

"I can tell you are."

"Sure you can."

"It's okay. I'll let you in on a secret."

"And what's that?" I looked at him, and caught his eyes.

"There's only one girl here who I have my eyes on." He grabbed my hands, and stared down at them. "You."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love writing this story. Just thought I'd let you guys' know! =)
I'm finally up to 11 suscribers. I'd love to know who you all are! =)