Unfaithful Vows

Chapter 2

I can’t stay mad at him more than a minute or two. I actually have to try hard to stay mad.

I swallowed. Hard. There house was enormous , maybe like three times bigger then mine.
“Wow” I exclaimed.

“Just come in”

I followed his lead and entered in. The house was as beautiful inside as it was outside. It may have cost them a fortune, but it’s not like they can’t afford it, right?

Joe kept glancing in my direction, seeing my expression changing every second. There were Joe’s baby pictures hanging on the wall along with the ones of his brother, right on the top of the fire place in the living room.

“In which room am I staying in?” I asked furtively.

“In Nick’s room, he’s going to stay with me these couple of months”

“Um, may I ask a question,” I asked and he let out a nod in reply. “If Nick’s going to stay in your room, what about Anya?”

“She’s staying in the guest room. Mum won’t let us sleep in the same room until marriage” he hissed. That was the last thing I needed to hear coming from his mouth. I clapped my hand onto my mouth and burst into laughter till tears started falling onto my cheeks.

“Whatever,” he told me and made his way to the second room in the second floor. “This is your room” He opened the door revealing a curl headed boy. Not so bad looking. Okay, I’m not a pedophile but I have to admit the kid is hot.

“Yo bro, this is um … what was your name again?”

“Funny. Hi I’m Remy” I told him.

“Whatever” he said.

“Sorry, do you have a Disruptive Behavior Disorders?” I snapped at him.

He blinked his eyes at me and finally he said “Um, pardon?”

“I said do you have a disruptive behavior disorder?” I hissed.

“No”
“So you were being intentionally this disrespectful?” Nothing. Not a single word came out from his mouth.

“Ah, I missed my old friend Remy” Anya said coming in from the door. She pulled me in her arms and pressed hard on me. I missed her and her squashy hugs too.

“I missed you baby girl. What have you been up to?”

“Nothing special. Mostly taking care of three immature guys” she said trying to pull out a joke. They didn’t laugh though, Nick was still traumatized by my action and Joe by the slap on the face I had given him. Way to start a friendship, right?

“Um, I don’t want to sound rude,” I said as I glanced at Nick who was staring at me weirdly. “ But I’m exhausted and in need to hit the bed” I concluded.

“Sure. We totally understand, right guys?”

“Absolutely” they both said nodding. They couldn’t wait for the moment that I was sleep and defend less.

So that’s what I did I collapsed on Nick’s bed and slept for what it seemed like hours. I was sure not under the Insomnia syndrome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up after three hours. Approximately. Have you ever dreamed of being chased by a giant snake? Because I just did and it was a miracle that I didn’t pee my pants. As soon as I opened my eyes I caught a glimpse of Nick standing at the edge of the bed staring at me.

“Jeez!” I exclaimed. “Why are you still hanging around? Didn’t I tell you not to come in?”

Nick kept his gaze on me, travelling his eyes from the top of my head to my covered toes. “No, you didn’t”

“Well, I’m telling you now.”

“Isn’t it too hot in here to be sleeping with the sheets on?” he asked suspiciously.

“Look, don’t get it personal but would you mind staying out of my room and my business too?”

Nick didn’t move but kept staring. What’s with this thing about him? The thing that he keeps staring into your very soul. “I might point out that this is my room.”

“Well, not for these couple of months! So, can you back off, please.”

He let out a chuckle, and said. “Nope, I don’t think so.”

“You think you’re a smart dick, don’t you?” I asked with a giggle.

“Well, what can I say I have my moments.” He said tucking his shirt in a flirty way.

“Get lost, curly head!,” I stepped out of the bed. “Why did you come here in the first place?”

“Oh yeah almost forgot that. I wanted my pillow back and you could have this one.” he hissed.

“Fine take it.” I said trying not to burst into laughter.

“And by the way,” he said coming nearer. “You’ll be seeing me hanging around in here for a while. There’s stuff that a man have to do in his own room, right?”

My eyes popped out and I dropped my mouth. “Just try to not do this stuff when I’m around, okay?”

“Deal” With that I stormed out of the room

I stood at the kitchen sink and rinsed out my milk glass when Anya came in with a smile on her face. “Quick,” she said taking a seat next to me. “We’ve got about 15 minutes to gossip before I have to go out.” I let out a laugh.

Personally, I didn’t have that much gossip. I just came to California and met some weird people lately. That’s all, apart from that I’m still the old Remy I was about 6 months ago.

Anya, by contrast, always had some juicy tale up her sleeve. “Did you know Kylie Prescott is pregnant?”

“What?” I said stunned.

“Yeah she’s on the third month already,” she continued. “And that, Brandon from 6th grade had an accident. He’s not doing so well.” She sighed.

“I feel like I was vanished for the past 6 months.”

“Whish I got more time but the soon to be wife has some errands this night.” She smiled at the word soon to be wife. “Um Remy, tomorrow we need to go and pick out my wedding dress. Okay?”

“Yeah fine. By tomorrow the made of honor is on duty.” I told her to assure her.

“Thanks. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Toodles.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, I was going to borrow Joe’s car without permission for the night. But I chickened out, we all know how protective he is of his precious car. Anyways, I had another idea. I headed my way to the garage in search for a bike. Three boys, right? There’s got to be a bike somewhere. No kidding – I had no choice but to go out with a bike. And I found one, fortunately.

“What are you doing?” someone said. I turned round and found Joe.

“I wanted to go out and I thought I could borrow a bike.”

“You mean, my bike,” he said. Fuck from three bikes I had to choose his, suck bad luck. “Look, I could give you a ride with my car. If you want to.” He said cockily.

Did Joe Jonas just asked me that or am I crazy? I didn’t waste any time on thinking but just said yes.

“Look, I’m sorry for being a dick earlier.” He said keeping his gaze on the road.

“It’s fine. It’s not like I can’t sleep because I’m too busy minding what you say.”

I saw the corner of his lips pull out into a small smile. “At least a simple thank you would do it.”

“Thank you for what?”

“Firstly, for apologizing and secondly for giving you a ride.” He said firmly.

“Look, no offence but no one told you to apologize and giving me a ride but if you’re pleading that much,” I hesitated a bit. “Thank you.”

“Wow, never thought it would be that hard for someone to say thank you. What did you have in mind on doing tonight?”

“I’m in the mood of skittles, take me to the nearest sweet shop” I commanded.

“Fine,” he said with a chuckle. “You were going out at 8.30 to eat skittles? Random but cool.”

He travelled his hands to take some from the packet but I slapped his hand. “Hey what’s you problem? Are you always hanging around slapping people?”

“Well, if these people don’t ask for permission before doing something, then yes” I hissed.

“May I point out that I bought it with my money?” he said but I didn’t budge to say anything. “Fine. May I have some, please?”

“Sure, you didn’t need to ask me fool.” I said pulling out a joke.

After a while not talking thinking of what a cool night it was, The moon was full, dropping it’s light on the sea like light bulb. Maybe – just maybe, I’m liking California. “Do you think Anya is your soul mate?” I asked.

“I don’t believe in those stuff Remy. I love her and that’s all it counts, right?”

“If you say so but I still believe prince charming exist.” I didn’t even know why I was asking these stuff to him but I felt like it.

“May I make a suggestion?” he asked and I let out a nod. “Run!” he exclaimed.

I didn’t know why I had to run but I wasted no time in thinking, I just ran. Finally, I found a safe place to hide from the thing that was following us. I heard Joe yell and that’s why I did what I did next. I reached out and grabbed him from the shirt with both my hands. “Oh my gosh, are you all right?”

“I’m still alive, which means I’m fine.” He said breathing heavily. “What about you?”

“Me? Totally good” I dropped my gaze down to his hands. He looked where I was looking and saw his hands tight round my hips. He hesitated for a while and then pulled them away.

For just a second, only one. I thought it was going to happen – he was going to kiss me. I mean by all the signs it looked like it. The moonlight, being this close together and breathing heavily. All the necessities were there, right? This was not a good thing. First, he’s going to get married and second he’s a jerk that I despite with all my heart. Whatever, it’s not like he grabbed my hips on purpose, right?

He stopped looking at me and said, “I think it’s gone”

“What?”

“The dog who was following us. It’s gone.” He said smiling peacefully.

“You mean, we just ran a gazillion miles because of a dog?” I asked angrily.

“Yeah. You didn’t see him Remy, his teeth were huge and he seemed like he was going to kill us with his eyes.”

“Why do you have to ruin everything?”

I think he needed another slap… and that’s what I did, I gave him another one. This time on the left cheek. “Pray that we find our way to the car, because if not I would suggest you to sleep with an eye open tonight.”

I was furious at him. I mean, what kind of man would do this – run for his life because of an innocent dog. But as much as I was angry, I couldn’t do anything but smile at myself. Although he was a total pain in the ass, I couldn’t do anything but like his random personality.

Oh gosh, what on earth am I saying?
♠ ♠ ♠
There, you have it... I just wasted more than 3 hours writing instead of studying. I hope it was worth it.

You owe me one ... so review and let me know what you think.

Ps -I would love to know which lines did you enjoy the best or what do you think about the character Remy?

Anyways ... stay tuned for the next chapter.

Pps - Be a stalker and follow me on twitter =]

Heres the link =] : http://twitter.com/Nokkla

Candy_love15