I'm Not a Princess

Twenty

Avery jolts awake as the plane's wheels hit the run way and begin skidding to a stop. Shocked having slept through it, she looks around to her closed window- and a smirking Gabe. "Si," he nods. "My shoulder is soft, I know. But it's all muscle, I assure you." He laughs and winks her way before leaning over to tighten her seat belt.

"Don't touch," she swats his hand away in embarrassment- especially when his warm hand glides across a sliver of bare, cool skin on her stomach. Avery clears her throat and turns away, opening the window, even though it's not much of a use any more.

"Oh my gosh!"

"I can't believe we are here!"

"I know!! It's amazing!"

"Part-ay time, totally!"

Avery chuckles, shaking her head as she drives the rented 15-passenger white van around San Francisco, a rental that the girls have been given for the following three weeks. The girls had complained about the boringness of it, and not getting a few smaller cars, but Avery convinced them it was for the best, and everything would be just fine.

At last they reach the grand hotel they'll be staying at, and Avery leads them around for the two suite keys that are apparently next to each other, with a door to connect them. It's to the top floor, floor ten, and then they reach their room.

"Oh, wow," Avery breathes, stepping in as the other girls gasp over it too. Maybe they had gone cheep with the car, but not the hotel. It wasn't the best, but at least a three- or four-star place. Each room had five beds and one pull out couch, plus some of the smaller girls would share the biggest beds.

The next hour or so was crazy as they figured everything out and got settled. Some girls immediately went to the pool or just to roam, but Avery had their numbers and they all had to check in and out with her every now and then.

It was nearing dinner time when finally, she was alone in the hotel, lying on her own bed, sighing happily. I can't believe I'm really here. San Francisco. I'm going to be performing for several months, dancing just how I love to. A dream come true. Smiling slightly, she begins to doze off for a while, until some music suddenly interrupts.

“I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad”


“What is that?” Avery jerks up, running a hand through her tangled hair, annoyed at her disrupted nap. Glancing out the window as she looks for the sound, she sees it’s only been an hour or so, the sun barely beginning to set.

“I know your type
(Your type)
You're daddy's little girl
Just take a bite
(One bite)
Let me shake up your world
'Cause just one night couldn't be so wrong
I'm gonna make you lose control”


“What?” Avery wrinkles her nose, finding the sound- her cellphone ringing. “I never…” she frowns, not even recognizing the sound, and not recognizing the number. Reluctantly, she picks it up. “Hello?” She asks, scrunching up her nose.

“Did you like your new ring tone? I put it in while you were sleeping.”

“Speaking of which, I was taking a lovely nap,” Avery snaps and sighs, then really focusing on his words. “Wait, Gabriel? You went through my bag?”

“Guilty as charged, querida, guilty as charged.”

Avery groans. “Great. I’ve got my very own stalker. Can’t I just… turn you off?” She asks, somewhat frustrated as she starts picking up the slight mess she created, searching for her phone.

“Mmm, un poco, perhaps, my lady. On one condition.” She can just hear his smirk.

“Why do I have a feeling I won’t like it?” She counters.

He ignores her. “Esta noche, dinner. The two of us, in say, two hours. Uno date, querida, uno date.”

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
20 chapters and 34 subscribers, yay!!
BTW- started new story about schizophrenic girl and I need a guy. So read, subscribe, comment, please! :D it's called I'm At Home In The Clouds :D so awesome!!
Other: You know the song, I would hope. lol
A little
tonight
y'all know querida is darling, and uno is one, so I don't do those :D hope that was decent? :D please comment, y'all! Five comments would like... maybe me die with happiness. and then come back to write more, of course. ;D