Forever the Road Goes On

Finally Away

Ok soooooo I finally have everything important to me in my worn out purple backpack. Basically that means the charm bracelet my friend Amary gave to me, a few books one of which was 'I never Promised You a Rose Garden' my mothers favorite book, and the digital camera that I stole. I had four hundred dollars in my pocket and my cat Baby girl was curled up on top of the things in my bag. The silver locket still around my neck.

"I guess your really leaving aren't you? " said a little voice from the door.

I turned around and saw Emily staring at me. Ooh no I forgot about her. I can't just leave her here that would just be to fucking cruel.

"Yeah. Em I am. I'm so sorry," I replied.

Could I take her with me? Could she take that?

Her tiny body stood still but I could see the tears in her eyes. Emily is so sweet and innocent, she had been adopted by the monster when she was a year old now she five. These people, if you can even call them that, have tortured her as they have to me.

"You know what Em? come here. I am taking you with me"

Emily looked up and saw the truth in my eyes and ran forward bringing a tiny bag from behind the door. I guess she knew I was going and wanted to come along, she so planned this.

"Ok. I'm ready," She bounced over to me. I went though her little bag and made sure she had clothes,toothbrush, the necessities and important stuff.

"Emily where is Snowball and your mother hair clip? I don't see them in here." I couldn't see the two things most important to her. Snowball her white stuffed bear and something of her deceased mother's.

She pointed to her hair and I saw the clip in her dark brown hair. Emily walked over to my bed and picked up Snowball.

"Now come on Lie. I don't like it here. I want to be away from this place," She grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the door but I stopped her. We weren't taking the door for this escape.

" Emily we aren't going that way ok? We need to go out the window," I said.

Ok so jumping out the window = very very very very bad things. I ended up hurting my arm then being toppled on by Emily. Once Emily rolled off my cat jumped on me. And I had a cut on my cheek from the Rose bush.

" Are you OK Leila? "

I looked up at Emily and gave her the What-does-it-look-like kind of look.

I stood up and grabbed Emily's hand. We walked towards the street but I thought of something. The forest isn't to bad at night. So one camping night wouldn't hurt as long as we couldn't be found and still know where we were and I had the perfect spot.

The meadow was grassy and had a lot of thick leaves and tress and bushes hiding it so we could be safe. I used to come here with my mom to watch the stars and just be the kid I was. It was strange to be here without her.

" Emily we are going to have to sleep here tonight. Is that ok?," I asked.

She nodded and layed out her pink sleeping bag curled up, held tightly to Snowball and just layed there looking up at the stars.

I layed my sleeping bag next to hers. She looked like she was trying not to cry her eyes out. I just let mine fall.

"Emily its is ok to cry. Even big girls have to cry sometimes," My voice cracked and my tears came down harder. After I said that Emily let her tears fall. I draped my arm around her waist and pulled her to me and held her.

" Sing me a lullaby Leila please." She mumbled sniffling.

" Alright. Any In particular?"

" That one song that I heard you singing"

" Ok. "

"Your not alone
together we stand
I'll be by your side
You know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end"

There has been so much happening lately. But I did it. I'm away and I saved Emily from them too.

"There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No I won't give in
Keep Holdin' on
'cause you we'll make it through
we'll make it through
just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you"

My voice was strong but I was to tired to continue and Emily was asleep. I looked up at the stars. They were really bright tonight. Beautiful.

At least I am finally away. Now let the games Begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
well chapter two. still i know that I'm not to good at writing so yeah. Well I'm sharing this account with my friend Shay who is actually writing the story but she is not aloud to have an account because of her mom so yeah. All story credit to her K? Lyrics by Avril Lavigne so i don't own those.