True to Your Heart

Vanessa Speltzer

“Nessa, wake up dear, you are going to be late for school,” My mother shouted as she banged on my door. I grunted and mumbled words that I swear, would make Dean piss his pants in fright. I decided to try and ignore her and shut my eyes. As I was about to doze off, one came banging on my door again.

“I swear, Vanessa, if you do not wake up this instant, you will be grounded for the rest of your life,” I heard Dean shout as he continued to bang on my door. My eyes shot open and I sat up, clearly annoyed before pushing away the blanket and jumped off to head towards the door. I continued to listen to him murmur swear words under his breath and I smirked before opening the door and my hand shot up to hold his! My eyes narrowed and I stared up at him. His eyes widen when he realized that he nearly banged my head.

“Not another word,” I muttered as I pushed him aside. I was not trying to be mean, no I was not. Dean just so happened to be the victim whenever I am having my tantrum. I was upset, yes, that is it. I am very upset at my mother. I shook my head, ignoring Dean’s comments and made my way to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

My name is Vanessa Anne Speltzer, Vanessa or Nessa for short. I turned 17 two months ago and I thought my life could not get worse after my father’s death but somethings just do not go the way they are planned. I as you can see, do not have any siblings. Sad, I know. I yearn to have siblings but my mother is so imaged obsessed that she did not want another child after me.

My mother and I are currently on the not-talking-to-each-other-until-she-apologizes term. She and I would usually fight and who was the first one to start the fight? HER. Yes, I blame everything on her. I blame how my life has turned upside down on her. I do not even recall when was the last time, we properly talked. Without all the screaming and the shouting and the cursing and everything like that. It was just too much.

You see, my mother met Dean a week before my father’s death, which I repeat was not so long ago and they started seeing each other. I, at first, thought it was one of those normal flings my mother would have but things started to heat up and they got serious. I was furious, they could have at least waited for my father’s one year death anniversary, but no! It is like they are dancing on my father’s grave.

Dean and I were always and has been not on good terms with each other. He would always try to get me in trouble, in hopes that my mother would send me away or give me away or something like that. He would always annoy the hell out of me and try to get me to do things I do not normally do. To cut my long story, short: Dean and I are not CIVILISED towards each other.


I walked out of my room, running my hand through my slightly damp hair and walked into the kitchen.

“Breakfast is ready,” My mother muttered before turning her attention back to her boy toy and I rolled my eyes. I looked at the plate and picked up the toast before walking out of the room and picking up sneakers. I bit the toast and rolled my eyes when I heard mother giggling in the kitchen.

---

I have got to say, THAT was the worse walk ever! I did not expect the school to be 15 minutes from the house. How is it worse, you ask? Well, you see, I got chased by a crazy dog, got woo-ed by these drunkards and nearly tripped when this silver volvo passed by followed by a dashing red Mercedez! I took a deep breath and puffed my cheeks before walking into the school ground.

“Excuse me?” I knocked on the door, bringing the somewhat old woman’s attention to me. She smiled when she saw me and started typing furiously on her computer before handing me something.

“You are Vanessa Green right?” She asked me and my eyes widen before shaking my head.

“It is not Vanessa Green, it is Speltzer,” I pointed out and when she raised her brows, I just gave her the stare and she immediately nodded her head before taking back the paper and scratching the name and rewritting it.

“Thank you,” I told her nicely when she handed the paper to me. I looked down and smiled, at least mother enrolled me in the subjects that I take when I was back in- yeah. I walked towards the door and was about to open it when I heard the woman said, “Better hurry up, class starts in 5!” I glanced at my watch and my eyes widen once again. I was going to be late! I can not believe it.

---

“Seeing as you just decided to grace us with your presence, why not introduce yourself?” Mr Parker, the English teacher stated and I cleared my throat before facing the classroom. My eyes wander around the class and it finally stopped at a girl sorta look like a pixie, with her hair in that particular way. Sitting next to her was a guy, who looked as gorgeously beautiful as the girl before. They were both looking at me, the guy with an unreadable look whilst the girl had a smile plastered all over her face. I smiled lightly and with confidence, spoke up.

“I am Vanessa Speltzer, Nessa for short,” I said simply and turned to look at Mr. Parker who just nodded his head and put his finger to his chin before randomly pointing at a direction. I followed his finger and noticed that I was supposed to sit behind the pixie girl and the angelic guy – yes, I have nicknames for them now. I made my way over there and before I even had the chance to sit down, the pixie girl turned around and grinned at me before turning back to listen to what Mr. Parker was saying. I shook my head and giggled to myself before taking out my notebook and started to doodle around.

---

As I was walking to the last class of the day, I bumped into a girl- well, she bumped into me was more likely. I stumbled and nearly fell on my butt if it were not for the bulky guy standing behind me. I blushed from the sudden contact – or was that from the heat radiating from his body? – I pulled myself away from his grasp and I heard him make a somewhat strange noise.

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I did not see where I was going,” She said the last one forcefully, looking at the guy. So I assumed, it was his fault for making her bump into me. She looked at me with an apologetic look. I gave her a smile and bent down to pick up my fallen papers.

“It is okay, I was not looking anyways,” I told her and she bent down to help me as well.

“Are you like new here?” She asked me and handed the papers that she picked up to me and I nodded my head. “I’m Isabella, Bella Swan,” She said as she held her hand out and I smiled before stuffing my notes in my bag.

“Vanessa Speltzer, Nessa for short,” I told her and shook her hand. My eyes wandered to the guy who was standing there, staring at… me? I blinked a few times and Bella must have seen my confused look because she nudged the guy and stomped on his foot when he did not budge. He shook his head, as if coming out from a trance and blinked a few times. He looked incredulously cute while he was doing that. I shook my head and mentally slapped myself for thinking like that. I mean, I just met the guy! I can’t possibly like him already! I don’t even know his name.

“Nessa, this is Jacob, my bestfriend and Jake, this is Nessa, my new-found friend,” She stated and Jacob could only nod his head. I tilted my head to the side and giggled before shaking my head.

“As much as I love to stick around, I need to get to my next class, sorry yeah? I’ll see you around,” I told them when I realized that I was running 10 minutes late! I turned around to walk but before I did, “Bye Bella, Jacob,” I said, Jacob’s name rolling off of my tongue in a way that made me tingle all over.

---

“What do you want?” I snapped at Dean who had his arms crossed, standing at the door. He rolled his eyes at my tone and cleared his throat.

“Be ready at 6, we are going over to your mother’s colleage! They invited us for dinner,” He scoffed and threw a box to me. I almost let the box hit me but did not, as I catched it in my hand. “That is your freaking dress, make yourself decent,” He then turned around and walked off, not even bothering to close the door. I sighed and placed the box on the table and looked at my notebook.. My eyes widen when I did though, I had unconcisouly written Jacob’s name all over my equations! I blushed and quickly rubbed his name off.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
I see people read this story of mine! Thanks for reading! Comments are appreciated, subscribe even! I believe, the next chapter would be enjoyable? And I might update later on as well. 'Cause I'm feeling very very in the mood to post something up!