A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

A Hatred That Will Never Bloom Into Friendship

"These Chunin Exams will change their lives," one of the jounin explains flabbergasted, who was obviously against the whole idea. It was Guy sensei. "I waited a whole year before I let my students enter."

"Well, you don't need to worry about that," Naria sensei counters coolly. 'Their lives are already changed, and they are ready for these exams. But if only these exams were being held later...but what can you do?'' Naria glances up at Kakashi, who was watching her intently.

"So, what is your decision, Naria?" the Fifth Hokage asks her calmly.

Kurenai was standing on her left, and Asuma was positioned on the other side of Kurenai. All four jounin leaders were lined up like that, each facing the Hokage's desk, with every other jounin and chunin standing around them. They were being asked if their students could participate in the upcoming Chunin Exams; being asked if they were ready since they were new genin. Three out of four had already said yes; yes, they were ready.

Now, it was Naria sensei's turn. She nods her head, completely assured. "My team is ready. And so I, Naria Kuroda, recommend Lloyd Yukohama, Kimina Fujimaru, and Rakuyo Sesetsu for the Chunin Exams."

~~*~~

There were three newcomers in Konaha, all from the Sand village. Well, that was what I heard Sakura say. We had come from a different direction, and Naruto, Sakura, and three little kids (one of them was Konahamaru) was facing us and the three outsiders had their backs to us.

One of them sensed our presence though, actually I bet all of them knew we were standing here, but they just was too preoccupied discussing something to Naruto and Sakura, or they simply didn't care. He had red hair and a huge gourd strapped to his back, and when he turned his gaze on me his icy blue eyes seemed to stare straight into my soul. His look was of pure animosity, but there was also curiosity there too, and he stared at me only; his eyes locked on my wavering ones.

The boy's look quickly glances up beside him, and I follow his stare and see Sasuke sitting ever so reservedly on a tree branch high up from the ground. "Let's go," the new boy says to his team, actually it seemed more like a threatening order, which it probably was. He walks towards us, his arms crossed over his chest, his expression very intimidating and his eyes were still on my face. He didn't turn away from me until he walked past.

My heart was racing inside my chest so badly that I could hear it thumping fiercely behind my ears. I didn't even know I was holding my breath until my lungs were burning for oxygen. I inhale and exhale, my chest taking in the breathes hungrily. I knew instantly that that boy was bad news. There was no question about it.

"Hmm?" The girl of the group stops and turns back towards us, her eyes on Lloyd. "Your the boy we helped. Well, glad to see that you recovered well." So, they were the ones who rescued Lloyd. The girl smirks and continues down the road behind her team, not giving us a chance to say something in gratitude in return. I sigh wearily.

"Well...looks like nothing happened here," Lloyd says, glancing back and forth to Naruto and Sakura, and to where the Sand village shinobi walked out of sight.

"No. I guess not. Which is good," I remark infallibly.

"Yeah, those guys may have saved you Lloyd, but they are not to be taken lightly. Did you notice the power coming from that red-headed one?" Rakuyo asks. I nod my head, glad I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"Yeah, me too. Well, they have to be here for a reason. Maybe Naria sensei knows." Lloyd starts to walk over by the others.

"Did you guys hear why those Sand village genin are here?" Sakura asks Rakuyo, Lloyd and I.

I shake my head. "No, we didn't. What did they say?"

"Something about some Chunin Exams, but that was it," she answers with an unguarded expression. "Do you guys know anything about it?"

"No, we don't." Lloyd shakes his head back and forth. "But maybe Naria sensei knows something about it." He walks on past everyone. Rakuyo follows him.

Looks like we were leaving...again. I turn my attention from Sakura to Naruto, a smile lighting up my face. I walk over to him and put my arm around his shoulders. "Guess we don't have time to talk again. But I'll see you later, k?" He nods, a happy smile on his face also.

"Come on, Kimina," Lloyd utters loudly. I let go of Naruto and follow behind my two teammates.

Konahamaru's eyes were wide. "She's really beautiful, boss." Naruto doesn't respond, but only smiles bigger. A playful smirk pulls at Konahamaru's lips. "Oh! So, you agree then, huh?"

Naruto turns to the little boy, his eyes now wide, stammering at a loss for words. "I...didn't...I...!"

"It's okay, boss. I understand." He sticks out his tongue. "She's your girlfriend then, right? Instead of this big forehead moody one." He points to Sakura. "That's a better choice of you ask me though."

Sakura cracks her knuckles, anger evident on her face. Konahamaru gulps and takes a involuntary step backwards, and the chase begins once more. Konahamaru running for his life with Sakura pursuing him, and Naruto bringing up the rear.

Sasuke closes his eyes in vexation at his two childish teammates scampering off. He opens them and glances at the road where Kimina and her squad had left to, and his teeth clench in irritation. All his mind could think about was what she had said to him earlier...

With the way your acting, you must have had a lonely and pathetic childhood.

...and it infuriated him deeply. She didn't know anything about him. The pebble in his fist crushes easily with the weight of his fist around it, and he lets the dust blow away in the wind.

~~*~~

"So, that's the Chunin Exams," I say aloud, sitting down on the grass in our circular training area.

She nods briefly. So, the Chunin Exams was basically a passage into trying to become a Chunin, hence the name. Shinobi from every village would gather and compete against each other to escalate out of genin level. And these competitions included fighting in battles against the other candidates. It sounded interesting, slightly nerve-wrecking, but interesting.

Naria sensei said that in the next week she was going to train us everyday, teach us new techniques, jutsus, and new strategies. She had told us that it would be a very laborious process. But I was up for it.

"Man, I can't wait for those exams!" Lloyd proclaims excitedly, raising a fist into the air. I roll my eyes at him, but I couldn't wait either. I wanted to see what these exams was going to bring; I was extremely curious. But there was also another reason.

The scene earlier that morning played over and over again in my mind, when Sasuke had lunged forward to attack me. I thought that maybe in these Chunin Exams we would be able to get our chance to fight one another, without anyone stopping us this time. And man, I couldn't wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what ya think? :P Now in these upcoming chapters we'll be getting into the Chunin Exams! And I really hope that Kimina gets her chance to fight Sasuke, don't you? ^_^ Thanks for reading, and please leave me comments!