I Think About You Everyday

Simplicity of a Button

“How awesome was the concert?” Hannah sighed. We were at work. It’s the day after the concert and we were waiting for some customers to come in for us to waiter for them.

The diner is called Joe’s Diner. A popular diner, always busy, apart from at 9:00am, which is when it opens. The customers tend to pour in at 10:00am. Right now, it’s about 9:30am.

“I still can’t believe we met the boys of Tokio Hotel. And Tom likes you! Georg text me this morning. It was so cute!” Hannah rambled. It’s been what? 10 hours since we last saw the guys and Hannah still won’t shut up about it.

“You and Tom playing guitar hero was adorable! You two make such a cute couple!” Hannah smiled at me. She knows I have a slight crush on Tom and that I dreamt of Tom and I dating, but, now, in reality, it feels weird and last night, I felt uncomfortable around Tom after what Bill told me backstage. It’s weird. A rock star who is famous for is player-ways has a ‘thing’ for me.

The door entrance to the diner swung open and four boys waltzed into the diner. My eyes widened when I realised who those four boys were.

“Did you tell Georg that we work here?” I asked Hannah.

“No I didn’t. Why?” I nodded over to the boys who were now walking over to a table.

“Go ask them what they want to order.” Hannah began pushing me from behind the counter.

“Why can’t you?” I asked her, but she only shook her heard at me.

“Hi. My name’s Ebony and I’m going to be your waitress this morning. What can I get you?” I asked as I reached their table, using the normal waitress tone that I was now accustomed to.

“Can I have a-“ Tom began to say, but then looked up at me. “Oh, hello.” He smirked. “Fancy bumping into you here.”

“I work here, Tom. Now what can I get you?” I asked them again.

“I’ll have bacon and egg and a coke...Oh! And your number.” Tom winked. Typical answer from Tom.

“French toast” Bill ordered.

“Pancakes” Georg ordered.

“Just some cornflakes.” Gustav ordered.

I wrote down the orders, sighing. Why couldn’t Tom just order like the others?

I walked back to the counter and gave Steve, the chef, the orders, then turned back to Hannah.

“Well? What happened?” She asked as soon as I was facing her.

“Tom asked for my number.” I shrugged.

“And?...”

“I didn’t give it to him. I just took their orders instead.”

“What?! That’s retarded! Every girl what’s his number! He just asked you for it, and you turned him down! You have no idea how many girls want to be you!” Hannah shrieked.

“I know. But I’m not “every girl” and I’m not going to fall into his arms.” I turned my back to her to put some glasses into a cabinet.

“But he already has you in his arms! He’s your favourite member of the band and he wants you! You should feel lucky that he wants you and just accept the fact that he likes you.” Hannah was now shaking her head at me.

“I know. And I do feel lucky. But-“ I was interrupted by someone behind Hannah, who had her back against the counter, coughing. I looked over her shoulder and saw Tom.

“I know I’m an interesting person to talk about and all, but, Ebony, I need to change my order.” Tom smirked at me.

“What do you want instead?”I sighed.

“Can I also have a date added to the order?” He smiled over at me. It was one of the cutest smiles I have ever seen.
I looked over at Hannah who was looking at me as if to say “just say yes!”

“I. I can’t tonight. I’m busy.” I told him. Hannah nudged my in the side.

“Oh. Okay then.” And then he left.

“Idiot! Why’d you turn him down? Again?” Hannah hissed at me.

“I don’t know.” I mumbled. I looked over at Tom as he sat down at his table, looking back at me. Our eyes met and I felt that connection again. The one that I felt at the concert last night. I smiled at him, but he looked away from me with a hurt expression written on his face.

“Order up!” Steve said as he passed the tray to Hannah, who passed it to me. Great.

“Here you go.” I said as I reached their table, placing the tray down and handing each of them their plates, bowls and cutlery. Each of them said ‘thank you’ or ‘danke’. All of them but Tom, who just sat and stabbed at his bacon with his fork.

“Stoppen Sie, Ebony! zu ignorieren! Es ist unhöflich! Sagen danken Ihnen zu ihr.“ Bill hissed at Tom.

„Ich wurde, wenn sie die Tatsache annimmt, daß ich sie mag! Es verletzt Bill! Ich wirklich mag ein Mädchen mehr als ein Bumsen und entleere, und sie gerade interessiert sich nicht! Ich hörte sie, mit Hannah und ihr zu sprechen sagte, daß ich ihr Liebling Mitglied bin, aber sie noch nicht auf ein Datum mit mir geht! Sie verletzt mich Rechnung, und ich hasse sie!“ Tom hissed back at Bill.

„OH-. Ich wußte nicht den. Trauriger Tom.“ Bill replied in a soft tone, looking down at his breakfast.

“I’ll leave you to eat. Enjoy.” I walked away, feeling hurt on the inside. I knew German seeing as my dad is from Germany and taught me the language when I was younger, before he was killed, and so I understood everything that Bill and Tom had just said. But I couldn’t do anything about it. It would look weird going back over to Tom and saying, “I’m sorry Tom! I didn’t mean to reject you before! I’ll go out with you tonight!” I don’t want them to know that I understand German.

“Well? What happened?” Hannah asked once I reached the counter again.

“I’ve. I’ve hurt Tom. He was all like, “she’s hurting me because she won’t go on a date with me and I really like her” and all that jazz. And I can’t go back over there and accept the offer because it would look weird after his rant to Bill and I don’t want them knowing that I can speak German.” I ranted to her. “I’ve wrecked my chances with him, Hannah.”

“You don’t know that, hun. Just. If he really does like you like he says does, he’ll chase after you.” She placed a hand on my shoulder as I looked over at Tom, to see him turn his head to face me and then turned back to his plate again.

I turned to Hannah and said, “I feel crap now.” I glanced over at Tom and he saw that he was stabbing at his bacon again. “Give me a napkin.” Hannah gave me a napkin and watched me write on the napkin.

I walked from the counter and went to another table, quickly wiping it down and then walked past the table that Tokio Hotel were sitting at and slipped the napkin into Tom’s pocket. He looked up at me as I walked back to the counter.

I watched Tom as he continued stabbing at his bacon, not bothering to reach into his pocket to see what I had placed in it, which was a napkin that read;

I’ve changed my mind.
X
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title: One Star Story - Simplicity of a Button.

I don't know German, I just used an online translator, so it's most likely wrong.

Stoppen Sie, Ebenholz zu ignorieren! Es ist unhöflich! Sagen danken Ihnen zu ihr. = Stop ignoring Ebony! It's rude! Say thank you to her.

Ich wurde, wenn sie die Tatsache annimmt, daß ich sie mag! Es verletzt, berechnet! Ich wirklich mag ein Mädchen mehr als ein Bumsen und entleere, und sie gerade interessiert sich nicht! Ich hörte sie, mit Hannah und ihr zu sprechen sagte, daß ich ihr Liebling Mitglied bin, aber sie noch nicht auf ein Datum mit mir geht! Sie verletzt mich Rechnung, und ich hasse sie! = I would if she accept the fact that I like her! It hurts, bill! I actually like a girl more than a fuck and dump, and she just doesn't care! I heard her talking to Hannah, and she said I'm her favourite member, but she still won't go on a date with me! She's hurting me Bill, and I hate it!

OH-. Ich wußte nicht den. Trauriger Tom. = Oh. I did not know that. Sorry Tom.