I Think About You Everyday

What About Now

Well Tom told me he loves me, and now I have no clue where stand. Are we friends? Are we a couple? Or a we just fuck buddies? I don’t know, but Hannah won’t shut up about it. All day it’s been, “he loves you,” “you would make such a cute couple!” “I knew you two would get together!” “you two will last!” “you two are meant to be!” and it’s driving me crackers.

Hannah and Georg started dating last night. He took her out for a romantic meal and asked her out at the end, the rest she didn’t tell me. I daren’t ask her either.

Today has been quite a quiet day at the diner today, but that’s usual for a Monday. But Chris said something about someone coming in for a surprise visit and so he wants the diner as empty as possible all day. Obviously this got Hannah and I wondering because this person-with-no-name has made it so that there are less customers which means for Hannah and I, less pay.

“So. Tell me all about you and Tom,” Hannah said as we leaned against the counter.
“There’s nothing to say. We argued, I told him about the other boys who claim they like me, he told me he loves me, then he walked to the door of the diner and I told him to wait up and hugged him, and he told me he wasn’t lying. Now, I don’t where we stand,” I told her. “When is this “surprise person” coming?” I sighed. I was getting bored. We hadn’t had any customers in 2 hours.

“What do you mean you don’t know where you stand? You’re standing right here!” I rolled my eyes at her stupidity. She wasn’t always the brightest button in the box.

“I mean, like, are Tom and I dating? Or are we just friends? I don’t know. He’s really confused me.”

“I’m sorry for confusing you. Where we stand is up to you,” I turned around and saw Tom and Georg standing at the door.

“Are you the surprise guests?” Hannah asked them. Tom and Georg nodded their heads, smirking at us. “Georgy!” Hannah squealed, running towards him and leaping into his arms. She has a nickname for him already?

“So. Can we talk?” Tom asked as he approached me. I still had my elbow on the counter to keep my head up. “Yeah sure,” I replied, walking to a table at the back of the diner. “What about?” I asked him as we sat down.

“What did you say as I walked in?” he asked me.

“That I don’t know where we stand?” I gave tom a quizzical look. Where was he going with this?

“And what did I say to you?” he stared into my brown eyes as if he was looking for an answer.

“That it was up to me.” I told him.

“Exactly,” he took my hands in his and linked our fingers together and said, “So it’s completely up to. It’s up to you if want to be my girlfriend,” he smiled at me.

“You’re asking me out?” I asked him. Inside, my heart was beating a mile a minute.

“I am. I really like you, Ebony,” the look in his eyes was telling me that he meant it.

“I. Um. I’m not entirely sure, to be honest with you, Tom,” I looked away from his eyes. I couldn’t bear to look at him right now.

“Oh,” was all he said.

“I’m sorry Tom. It’s just. I’ve just met you, and like I said yesterday, I find it hard to trust people like you. I have to be able to trust you. Plus there’s all the media and what you say in interviews. You have to prove to me that you’re ready to move away from that,” I told him. I had to make it clear that there was a good reason as to why I wasn’t too sure just yet.

“I’m ready to move away from that. For You. I really do love you Ebony, and I won’t let the old me get in the way of that,” he put his finger under my chin to make me look at him. “what do I have to do to make you be able to trust me?” he asked.

“To just be a good friend and. And to just be patient with me,” I whispered to him.

“I can do that,” he whispered back, staring longingly into my eyes.

“I do like you Tom. I just need to know that the trust is there,” I told him as he leaned his forehead against mine, linking our fingers together.

“I know. Babe, take your time. I’m ready when you are,” he assured me. He was perfect. He’s completely different to my assumptions of him from all the interviews I watched of him. I knew I would be ready for him in no time.

“Tom! We have to go! We have an interview in an hour!” Georg shouted to us from the other side of the diner.

“I’ll be right there,” Tom yelled back, then looked back at me. “You have half an hour left here, right?” I nodded. “Watch TRL when you get home, I want you to see something,” he smiled at me, standing up. What does he want me to see? “I’ll see you tomorrow?” he walked over to me, as I nodded my head at him. I watched him lean down and gently kiss my cheek. “Bye, Ebony,” he smiled at me.

“B. Bye Tom,” I stuttered. I had always wondered what his lips felt like, and now I know. Soft. And cold of course.

Hannah ran over to me instantly asking me, “Well?” I just shook my head at her, standing up to begin cleaning the diner so we could leave. It didn’t look like we were having anymore customers today anyway.

I wanted to get home. The sooner I get home, the less likely I’ll miss TRL and why Tom is so desperate for me to watch it today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title: Daughtry - What About Now
"Georgy" is pronounced as Georgie.
(: