Like A Shooting Star.

You Shine Brightest Of Them All.

It was a cute sight to see, the two men in their mid to late twenties, laughing and giggling and kissing as the taller one pushed the other on a tire swing. The swing set was located in the middle of the park, away from all trees, and the stars were shining brightly down at the loving couple.

Frank giggled softly as his boyfriend, Gerard, pushed him a little bit higher into the air and the wind ruffled his dark hair. The wind stung a little in his wide open, greenish hazel eyes, but he enjoyed the warm summer's night too much to care or to even shut his eyes. He loved seeing the world from another perspective, even if he wasn't swinging very high as Gerard pushed him. He indeed loved not having to feel the ground beneath his feet though; he believed that the ground, earth, limited people.

He felt the pushes stop and smiled as the swing slowed down to a halt before two familiar arms wrapped around his shoulders from behind. A smooth cheek pressed against his own, and he leaned back into it, and into the strong arms of his boyfriend. Gerard placed a soft kiss on Frank's cheek, and the younger boy sighed contently, wondering why it hadn't always been like that.

"I'm happy," Frank stated, staring up into the sky, at the stars. His boyfriend smiled brightly, nuzzling his face in Frank's neck and planting an affectionate kiss on the black skin of a tattoo there, a scorpion, Frank's star sign.

"That's good. I'm happy too." Both men sighed contently, appreciating the silent closeness they were sharing. Turning his head to his right and bringing one hand up to put on the back of Gerard's neck, Frank attached the older man's lips to his own in a short, sweet kiss. They pulled away and smiled as their eyes met, glowing as they reflected all the sparkling stars in the sky above. Letting his eyes wander back to search the sky, Frank snuggled into Gerard's chest and once more sighed in contentment.

"Do you remember that time we saw a star fall?" he whispered, searching out one of Gerard's hands and lacing their fingers together. "It's like, ages ago..." Gerard temporarily let go of Frank, walking around the swing so he could face his beautiful boyfriend and reunited their hands.

"How could I ever forget that? We were right here, with Mikey, and he was sneezing all the time because of his hay-fever," Gerard said and Frank giggled at the memory of his best friend complaining and saying that they should go back home. "We kissed." Gerard pressed his lips to Frank's in a tender, loving kiss before pulling away with a smile.

"Yeah."

"Cad be please go hobe dow?" Mikey asked, before gasping helplessly as another sneeze was about to rack his skinny body. Both his best friend and older brother felt bad for him as they watched tears pour down his cheeks and sneeze after sneeze sounded in the otherwise peaceful air. They however, did not want to go back to the Ways' house just yet, wanting this silly excuse to hang out together as they most likely wouldn't otherwise. Frank was Mikey's friend and Mikey's friend only. Gerard was four years older than him, they couldn't just hang out, they needed an excuse, and as Mikey had asked for them both to hang out at the park that night, they had an excuse. But then Mikey had realized that his allergy medication wasn't working like it was supposed to.

"Five more minutes?" the youngest of the three boys asked in a sweet, innocent voice as he discreetly, or not so discreetly, eyed his crush of four months; Gerard Way.

"But you said dat half ad hour ago! You're dot eved doig anydig!" Mikey said, trying to rise his voice, but his stuffed nose wasn't helping at all. He pouted, trying to get the other's sympathy, but the boys only had eyes for one another, yet neither boy ever voiced their feelings.

"We are! I'm swinging!" Frank exclaimed from his position on the old, rusty tire swing, moving his legs a little bit to make the swing swing. Gerard laughed, sitting on the sand in front of Frank, as his brother groaned deeply, and watched the fifteen-year-old boy that he never seemed to be able to get out of his head. The infectious grin and giggle, the shining greenish hazel eyes and the soft-looking, dark brown hair were things that made Gerard feel incredibly funny and unstable inside, as if he really just needed to do something concerning the boy. But he really loved just being around him.

"You want a push?" Gerard offered, getting up from the ground. Frank just gave a high-pitched giggle as the older boy, his crush, had him flying high into the air, gripping onto the rusty chains.

"Guys!" Mikey whined exasperatedly, punching the ground like a toddler throwing a tantrum. "Gee, don't steal my friend."

"If you wanna go back so badly, then go. We'll be home in a little while. And since you never owned Frankie to begin with, I can't steal him," Gerard said matter-of-factly and laughed as he kept pushing Frank's swing, the younger boy laughing as well.

"Yeah, just go home and get some allergy pills and we'll be there in a half hour or so. We seriously don't need a babysitter." With that, Mikey got up off of the ground with a bored groan and walked away in the direction of his and Gerard's house, leaving the other boys laughing. He was tired because of the allergies and just wanted to watch a movie and sleep like the original plan had been, but then the others had insisted to do something else. Since when were they so good friends?

"Gerard, don't push so high!" Frank squealed, not liking the way his stomach seemed to turn when he was at the highest in the air. The other boy, however, didn't see what was wrong and only kept laughing and pushing. He felt happy about being alone with Frank for the first time since he started liking him, but he didn't know what to do when they were alone, and since they were already doing something they might as well continue. "Gee, stop or I'm gonna be sick!"

To his relief, Frank felt the swing slow down, and soon it wasn't moving at all. "You okay?" Gerard said, and Frank smiled a little at the feel of the older boy's hand resting innocently on his shoulder. Turning around and nodding, he caught a glimpse of Gerard's enchanting, almost golden, eyes and his smile widened. Gerard smiled in return, but removed his hand from Frank's shoulder and walked to the other side of the swing so he was standing in front of Frank. "So... What do you want to do?"

Frank peered up at the handsome young man in front of him, wondering if he actually wanted to be there with the childish fifteen-year-old or if was there just to be nice. "I dunno, I don't mind doing whatever you wanna do." He felt a blush creep onto his cheeks as Gerard looked down at him, and felt grateful for the dark night.

"Well, let's just... hang out for a while? Unless you'd rather get back to Mikey. That's okay, y'know," Gerard said, and if Frank wasn't completely mistaken, he'd say that the older boy was fidgeting a little, eyes flickering from Frank's eyes to something behind him and then back to his eyes and down to his lips. Then they once again returned to meet his dark eyes.

"No! I, uh... I like hanging out with you. It's fun," Frank said with another blush and slid off of the swing, instantly becoming even shorter in comparison to Gerard. As the older boy hadn't moved, they stood as close as physically possible, and combined with the slight nausea he had felt before, Frank's breath hitched in his throat and his knees suddenly felt like jelly. Just as his knees gave in, Gerard acted faster than what seemed possible, and wrapped his arms around Frank, pulling the young boy into his body.

"You sure you're okay?" he asked sweetly and brought one hand from Frank's waist up to cup the boy's cheek and brush some hair out of his face. Frank nodded, still barely breathing, and wondered what the closeness meant to Gerard. There was such a care in his eyes, along with what could be interpreted as desire, lust or just want - Did Gerard want to kiss him like Frank wanted to be kissed?

"I- I'm just dizzy... from before," he whispered and gazed into Gerard's mesmerizing eyes. Being so close to his crush, and the tingles he got from the hand caressing his cheek, Frank was overwhelmed and not sure of what to do. He could have sworn that Gerard's hand was discreetly tilting his face upwards and that Gerard was leaning down to meet his lips, but before anything could happen, something behind the older boy caught his eye. "Oh my god, look!"

The boy squealed and pointed into the sky, an excited look on his face, and Gerard backed off, looking at him confused. "What? You saw a UFO or something?" He laughed slightly as he couldn't see anything, yet he enjoyed seeing the excited look on Frank's face.

"You didn't see it?" The look of wonder on the boy's face disappeared for a second as a look of disappointment temporarily replaced it. "It was a shooting star. It's so cool! I've always wanted to see one," he sighed dreamily, a soft smile adorning his face.

"What are you gonna wish for?" Gerard asked, following Frank's gaze up into the night sky as he started walking away from the swing set, grasping Frank's hand ever so lightly, to make him tag along. "You got a lifelong dream that you want to come true?"

Frank looked at him thoughtfully, wondering what he meant by the question, before replying. "I dunno, and even if I did I couldn't tell you, or it wouldn't come true." He giggled softly, but made a silent wish anyway. Then, his gaze fell to their linked hands. "What about you? You gonna wish for something?"

"Aren't you supposed to actually see it to have a wish?" They reached a wooden bench and sat down, still holding hands. "I guess I could wish anyway, but there's no real guarantee that it would come true," he sighed, eyes wandering to Frank as the boy still gazed up at the stars.

"I suppose," was the only reply he got from the seemingly distracted boy. But the boy was actually, as always, trying to decipher everything that Gerard did, why they were holding hands. Why Gerard touched him and looked at him the way he did, if he had really been leaning in to kiss him earlier.

"Y'know, if you're bored or anything we could go back. I'm sure Mikey's waiting." Frank's head snapped back to look at Gerard, seeing that he seemed a bit... disappointed. Their eyes met and Frank could once more see the want and the lust and the passion in his beautiful eyes. "But if you wanna stay... I'm all for staying too," Gerard added with a shy smile.

"Great. Mikey probably fell asleep or something anyway." Frank giggled, but shut up as Gerard's hand left his own, and instead went up to caress his cheek like before. Frank bit his lip nervously as the older boy inched a little closer, but as he felt Gerard's breath on his lips, he tried to relax. Tilting his face up and to the side, he felt his lips meet Gerard's, and his eyes fluttered shut at the warm, tingling feeling. With Gerard's hand still holding Frank's face, they moved their lips against one another, slowly, softly, carefully, and neither boy could fully comprehend that they were kissing the boy they had been infatuated with for ages.

Smiles adorned both boys' faces as they pulled away, looking at each other shyly. "I... I've wanted to do that for a while," Gerard whispered, and his eyes flickered down to Frank's lips for a second as if he immediately wanted to reconnect their lips.

"Me too," Frank replied and leaned back in to do what both boys wanted. As Gerard's other hand joined the first one and they both tangled loosely in Frank's hair, the younger boy put one hand on the back of Gerard's neck, applying a little bit more pressure. His other hand rested on Gerard's upper chest, and stayed there as the kiss grew and deepened as lips danced and moved and explored the amazing warmth of another pair of lips.

Frank felt Gerard's wet tongue slide along his lips, asking for entrance, and parted his lips just enough to allow him access. He was surprised by the bitter taste of coffee and cigarettes, but loved how it mixed with Gerard's naturally sweet taste, and he was thoroughly enjoying the feeling of the older boy's tongue rubbing against his own. They explored each other's mouths, kissing each other passionately like the fifteen-year-old boy had never been kissed before, but he felt at home, and he felt happy about knowing that his crush obviously had some kind of feelings for him too.

As they once more pulled away, breaking the kiss, Gerard let his hands fall down to his lap before grasping one of Frank's as that too just sunk down from where it had been rubbing Gerard's neck. Sparkling pairs of eyes gazed into one another, definitely reflecting the glittering sky above, and as Gerard smiled one of his dazzling smiles, Frank blushed softly, but leaned in to peck the older boy's lips one more time. "Should we be heading back to your place?" he asked softly, not wanting to leave the almost magical place.

"I guess so," Gerard replied, looking down at the ground. He stood up, tugging Frank with him and laced their fingers together properly, loving how gentle the boy's hands were although they were rough and calloused from years of playing the guitar. Frank felt as his hand was disappearing within Gerard's slightly bigger one, but it was nice to have that tender connection anyway.

"Do you like me?" The question slipped from Frank's lips before he even knew it, and he almost stopped walking when he realized. It could have been his imagination, but he chose to believe that Gerard's soft grip on his hand and fingers tightened a little, and he was absolutely sure that the older boy ran a thumb over the back of his hand.

"Yeah, do you like me?" came the response, and Frank felt his heart speed up just a little bit.

"Yeah." They continued walking through the dark, deserted park, passing the tire swing Frank had previously occupied, and eventually reached the street that Gerard, and Mikey, lived on. "Do you wanna hang out some more with me and Mikey, or..." Frank's words trailed off as he didn't really know what else Gerard could be doing as he mostly spent time down in his basement bedroom.

"I guess I can watch that movie with you guys, and save you from being alone with the nerd all night long," Gerard said, luring a laugh from Frank. "And I wouldn't want him stealing you back either, so it's probably safer if I'm there to... keep you safe," he continued, and as Frank looked up at him, Gerard looked down and leaned in to press their lips together. Instantly letting go of Gerard's hand, Frank's arms wound around the older and taller boy's neck, and Gerard's arms wrapped securely around the younger and smaller boy's body. Standing in the middle of the street didn't bother either of them, they were too busy kissing and exploring the other boy's mouth and lips. Their teeth clashed and their noses bumped occasionally, but there was still a sense of perfection about the scene.


"That night was so special," Frank whispered and looked into his boyfriend's eyes. They were sitting on the same bench as they had shared their first kiss on, ten years earlier, Frank on Gerard's lap this time. "I love you, a lot." Gerard didn't reply but kissed him softly, feeling as amazed as when they had shared that first kiss. "I wish I had never broken up with you. I'm sorry." Gerard tightened the grip on his boyfriend's slim body and sighed softly as the younger man nuzzled his head under his chin.

"I know, baby. The only thing we can do is to not think about it. We can't change the past." A soft sigh left Frank's lungs too and he pressed a soft kiss against Gerard's neck. "We're together now, and that's what's important, right? I love you so much," Gerard whispered, pressing a kiss against the soft, brown locks of his boyfriend's hair as he looked out over the park towards the swing where both this night, and the one ten years earlier, had begun.

"Yeah." They fell into a comfortable silence, still holding each other close in the warm summer's night.

"You know, you never told me what you wished for? Did it come true?" Gerard interrupted the stillness, and Frank moved his face so he could look at his boyfriend. With a wide grin, he leaned in and pressed a loving kiss to the older man's lips, twirling some of his black locks of hair between his fingers.

"It came true about five minutes after I made it. I wished that you would kiss me," he giggled and the infectious grin spread to Gerard's face. "What about yours? Has it come true?" he asked, caressing Gerard's smooth cheek lovingly.

"Not yet, but I think it might," Gerard replied thoughtfully, and Frank smiled, still wondering what the wish had been. "I think you could make it come true, " he said and earned a soft kiss before he could continue, and when he did so, he whispered almost inaudibly in Frank's ear: "I wished that I'd be happy with someone I love forever."

"Gee..." the younger man sighed, kissing Gerard's neck again.

"Frank, will you marry me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, please leave me some concrit or feedback? :)
3.062 words.
Deds to Bonnie for betaing it <3