Jenifer

Didn’t you see that little girl?

KCF was crawling of food hungry students that decided class was bull. I scanned the fast food tables and spotted my friends. They obviously spotted me too because they started to wave.

‘’Jenifer, so nice to see you,’’ Renée smiled as I sat.

‘’Hey guys.’’

‘’Wait, class isn’t over.’’ Said Reese.

I grinned. Her name reminded me of chocolate. It was funny.

‘’I know Reese’s Piece’s.’’

She rolled her eyes but smiled.

‘’So, how’s Mrs. Steals-all-the-boys?’’ Christina asked.

‘’She’s a teacher! Eww,’’ another girl from our gang, Missy, said.

‘’Whatever,’’ hissed Christina.

‘’Chris, leave her alone. She’s the one that helped you scrape off that gum from your original Louis Vuitton. Re-me-mb-er?’’ I smirked.

‘’Shut up, Penifer.’’

Yes, Penifer was the best she could come up with. But we’ve been calling each other this ever since we met. No way are we changing our nicknames now. It would only confuse us.

‘’So, you getting something to eat?’’ Annie, our last group member asked.

My stomach made a little noise. ‘’Yes.’’

Chris smirked and nodded towards the line. It was made of 3 people. John, some woman and a girl I’ve never seen before. I didn’t bother any farther than that. After John ordered, he took his number and smiled at me. He’s always been a nice guy.

‘’You can go in front of me.’’ A small voice whispered.

I looked down and froze. It was the girl the girl from before. I awkwardly made my way in front of her, watching her closely. After I was securely standing, she turned and walked towards the door.

‘’What was that all about?’’ Missy asked after I finished ordering.

I placed my tray on the table, ‘’you didn’t see that girl?’’

‘’What girl?’’ Chris asked. Her voice held honesty.

‘’Never mind. I must be stressing over school-‘’

‘’If you’re seeing little girl ghost.’’ Annie finished, nibbling on her chicken.

‘’Cut it out, Annie!’’ Chris muttered.

Annie has been involved with supernatural problems for a while. Honest to God. One minute, the candle is on the kitchen counter, the next it’s on the kitchen table. And we were all sitting in the living room (which is connected with the kitchen). Maybe I should talk to her about it. She’s the only one of our gang that’s been living here since birth. She could maybe tell me something useful. It would help. But I’m still saying its stress. Stupid exams.

‘’…and I was like: Mom! Chill! I mean, it’s not like I’m going to jail. And she was like: You will if you keep this up!’’ Missy snorted, ‘’it’s just a stupid lip gloss.’’

‘’Stop shoplifting, Missy,’’ Renée mumbled.

She rolled her eyes once again, ‘’lip gloss!’’

‘’If you keep this up you’ll be in prison by the time you’re 21. I’ve done the math.’’ Renée said.

Renée was the smart, rich type. Her mother is a lawyer and her father is a doctor. She had her mother’s dark brown eyes and her father’s light blond hair.

‘’I’m just sayin’ it’s not that big of deal!’’ Missy said.

Missy’s the type that every boy wants to be with. Curvy, beautiful and also blond. She never sticks with one guy though. She’s searching for ‘’the one.’’

‘’We don’t want you to go to prison, Missy.’’ Said Annie.

Annie was the girl everyone wanted to love. She had long brown hair, very intelligent but very superstitious. She believed in too much. So much, it freaked some of us out. But you’d never expect her to be mean. Only child and a father that loves her.

‘’I agree with Annie.’’ Christina finished.

Christina. What can I say about Chris? She was more punk than anything, the attitude and the style. It suited her well. As well as I, she had black hair. But her eyes were like cat eyes. Yellow and green. At first, you’d think they were contact lenses. But no. Her eyes are real. Also, she has a younger and older brother. No parents. They died many years ago.

Reese. The silent one. Note she didn’t say anything. She lives alone. She has parents but they’re in Europe. They talked to the mayor of the town and they made an agreement. She can stay if she can pay. One of the only natural red head’s from our school.

‘’You done, Jen?’’ Missy asked.

I looked at my tray of food, ‘’yeah.’’

‘’Let’s go, then,’’ Annie got up.

Reese and I lagged behind them.

‘’Jenifer.’’

‘’Yes Reese?’’

‘’I saw her too.’’ Said Reese.

Chills ran through my spine and she just kept on walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the childlike writing. D: