Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

Twenty One Days

Frank's POV.

Today is Friday. Friday means treatment day. I was told last night, that over the next three weeks my body might start to malfunction. My non-vital organs will start to fail. I have finally realised that these next few weeks are my last weeks. I am at ease. Gerard is here, he's watched me for most of the nights. Monday is Prom Night. I am excited, but, yet I am terrified.
Monday night will be the night everyone see's what little is left of me. They know I'm sick, but I can't help but think that there might just be someone there that will criticise, ridicule me. Nancy will be there and so will Gerard. I don't care some days. It just gets too hard sometimes.

Today no one talks to me. Gerard sits and holds my hand. For three hours I sit in agony. I starve before treatment, no longer wanting to vomit it straight back up. They can't give me anything more for the pain as I am already maxed out on morphine.

I am sitting in the treatment room, waiting for the doctor to come and start my treatment. Gerard is next to me, just sitting.

"Gerard?" I ask.

"Yeah babe?" He replies.

"Do you still love everything about me?" I ask, now shy.

"Yes. I love you no matter what. You are still the beautiful man you were when I first met you." He replies sternly, matter-of-factly.

I simply smile at him. I don't doubt his answer for one second. He is the only one that hasn't lied to me. He's my friend, my boyfriend, my Gerard-for now.

"Babe, talk to me today. I don't care what you say, just talk, please." I state as the doctor starts hooking the tubes up to me once again.

"Sure." He replies. The doctor leaves and Gerard takes my hand once again. We sit in silence for about five minutes.

I give a groan of pain, as I am overcome by intense pressure and joint pain. Gerard takes this as his que to start talking.

" I love you, no matter what." He starts.

"You still look beautiful, your hazel eyes still shine with life." He continues.

***** 3 hours later*****

Gerard is still talking nonsence to me when a nurse comes in to unhook me from the tubes, that are buying me time. I am sleepy, sick and in pain, but somehow I still want to me in Gerard's arms.

"Gee?" I rasp.

"What's wrong baby?" He asks, concerned.

"Carry me and sleep next to me." I ask.

He doesn't say anything more. Instead he picks me up bridal style and carries me past my doctor and into my room, where he lay's me down before pulling one of the rails up, then climbs in next to me and holds me tight. Not tight enough to cause me pain, but tight enough to keep me warm and snuggled into him. We fall alseep.

I awake to an empty bed. I roll over and look around me. Gerard is in the large chair beside my bed.

"Hey" I say, groggily.

"Hey beautiful." He smiles at me.

I notice a sketchbook in his lap. He's working on something that I bet will look awesome.

"Whatcha drawing?" I question, still trying to wake up.

"You." He smiles once again.

"Can I look?" I ask, full of curiosity.

"When I have it finished." He smiles once again, closing the book, before getting up and placing it on the bedside table.

He comes over and leans down to kiss me gently.

"How you feeling?" he asks.

"Better, just a bit tired." I reply, stretching.

Suddenly a sharp pain stabs me in the back and I wince and moan in pain.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asks, clearly concerned, panic is sitting just behind his eyes.

"My back it hurts. I think it's my kidney's." I say, and wince again in pain.

"Lemme go get you doctor." He say, then rushes out the door to find my doctor.
♠ ♠ ♠
so...who hates me for leaving it there? more to come and it WILL get worse...sorry.
comments make me happy! I now have two stars. Thank you to those who contributed I would like to see another star soon so do your thing and don't forget to...
COMMENT!!!!!!!! I like smiling and reading your lovely somments.