Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

18 days not 18 years.

Frank's POV

Today is the day of prom, well my prom anyway. Nancy's is tomorrow. I am excited, very excited. Gerard has disappeared and wouldn't tell me when he would be back. Nancy is still asleep. I got way too excited, therefore I awoke early. It's 9am and I am bored. I can't help but feel that mom and dad won't make it to my prom. I think they have just left me here to get on with dying. I shouldn't be thinking like that, it will destroy my excited mood.

"Frankie..." Nancy coo's tiredly. Huh, guess we can talk now.

"What..." I imitate her voice.

"Where did you go?" She asked, curiously.

"Oh, just thinking bout mom and dad." I replied.

"Don't let it get you down. You are special to them no matter what." She states.

"Hmm, yeah. Are you excited?" I ask, excitment showing in my voice.

"Yeah, damn boy how dense are you?" She says with attitude.

"Oh yeah. This is like a girl's dream ain't it?" I ask.

"Mhm. So where is Gerard?" She asks, changing topic.

"Oh, I dunno, he wouldn't say." I answered with a frown.

"I'm sure he's up to something to surprise you." Nancy grins. It's like she's in on it as well.

We sit around for a while and talk about anything and everything. We talked about our lives and how long we have to live. Nancy is going to outlive me I just know it. A while later and after a few moments of silence between us, a nurse comes in with a huge smile on her face. I don't see why she's so cheery, she has to watch us people die.

"Frank, Nancy? We have a surprise for you guys." She states.

Nancy and I look at each other.

"C'mon then, to the day room." She states, then continues.

"Do you guys wanna walk round today?" She asks.

Nancy and I nod together in agreement. We aren't allowed to walk around much because our bodies are week or something like that.
We both hop out of bed, and slowly make our way to the end of the corridore, where the day room is. I like it here because it is bright and full of windows and I can see everything from those windows. Nancy likes it here because there is paints and pencils and lots of art things.
We get to the room and the nurse pushes the doors open for us and we step inside.

"Suprise!" everyone cheers.

Nancy and I are both speechless. I guess she didn't know anything after all.

"This is for you both. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you where I was going this morning but this is the outcome." Gerard stated, before giving me a kiss.

I returned the kiss.

"Let's party!" I announced.

"Before we do, Frank and Nancy. I have one more surprise for you guys. It's behind that curtain." Dr Mille spoke loudly.

She went over and pulled on a piece of rope. The curtains opened and revealed none other than...

"Avenged Sevenfold?" I gasped out. I looked at Nancy and we smiled at each other.

Everyone started chanting 'dance dance dance'. I looked at Nancy and she gave a nod. With that I took her hand and led her onto the floor. The band started to play 'Dear God' and we started to dance.
'This is what dreams are made of' I thought to myself. I was so happy and felt so alive. I never wanted this to end.

Unfortunately, the party ended. Nancy was whisked off to have her nails and make up done, and to also have a wig fitted.
As Gerard and I didn't need to prepare much, we decided to sit around in the day room for a while. We sat on the couch and watched as Avenged Sevenfold packed up their gear. I had a headache so I decided to lay down for a while. I put my feet on Gerard's lap and laid my head on the cushion. I closed my eyes for a few minutes, while in a meditative state.
When I re-opened my eyes, the guys were sitting around talking with Gerard.

"Hey georgus." Gerard greeted me. I just smiled.

"Hey, you must be Frank?" Zacky greeted me.

"That's me." I said.

"We're gonna be at your prom tonight." Matt Shadows informed me.

"Sweet."

"Do you mind if I ask you how much longer you have?" Zack asked shyly.

"I don't mind. I have about 18 days left."

"That's it?" The Rev asked, looking and sounding guilty.

"Yeah. I've come to terms with it." I stated, trying to calm the nervous Rev down.

A nurse came in shortly after.

"Frank, Gerard, time to get ready." She stated then left.

"We have to go. See you guys tonight." I smiled, then walked out of the day room and back to my ward.

Wanna shower?" Gerard asked.

"Yep." I replied.

We made our way over to the bathroom and went in. We got undressed and bathed ourselves together. I felt perfectly comfortable with Gerard. It was strange, but I can't explain it. We got out and dried ourselves.
I was over come once again as we got into our suits. I straightened Gerards hair and he did my eyeliner. I got to wear a hat, because I am bald. Gerard didn't. He doesn't like hats much anyway.

"My you boys look hansome tonight." Dr Mille came into the room.

"I'l be with you guys tonight, and so will Dr Bryar, ok?" She announced. We nodded, not like we had a choice anyway. Dr Mille Left and Nancy walked into the room. My god she looked amazing. Her hair (or rather wig), make up and her nails. This is finally coming true.

Half an hour later Dr Mille and Dr Bryar came in, in their formal clothes. They weren't overly dressed up but it was acceptable.

"Are we al ready to go?" Dr Mille asked. We all nodded in agreement.

We made our way down the hall and to the elevator. Dr Mille pushed the down button and shortly after the doors opened. We got in amd made it to the ground floor. Some of the nursing staff took photo's and wished us luck. We got out the front doors and a limo was waiting for us. We got in and left the hospital.

"Ok, tonight you are going to be able to walk around as much as you want, but please for the love of god, if you feel faint, sit down and get one of us ok?" Dr Mille told us. We knew the risk. This was a huge thing for all of us and tonight there wasn't allowed to be any incidents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im gonna post the actual prom in the next chapter. It got a bit long.
enjoy.

Love Jess