Drops of blood leading to.. Is that me?

Chapter 2

Renee's P.O.V.

A dusky midnight walk... Nothing unusal from what I was used to, working the night shift after school and just... Minding my own business. Sometimes I'd have someone walking with me, the occasional work buddy who couldn't find themselves a ride and needed a traveling partner, who happened to be going in the same direction as me.

House in the middle of nowhere. The middle child, the one who somehow, someway, managed to boss around the rest. Split parents, plenty of pets... Average school.

Sound like the nowadays typical American?

I leaned my head back, to look up at the stars in the pitch black sky, briefly wondering what it would be like to be a bird. Having noone to answer to, noone to hold you down, it'd be nice. You could do what you want, whenever you wanted. What I would give to have that.

The back door light was on.. Unlocked for me. I rubbed my feet on the mat and stepped inside, quietly shutting the door behind me. There were things that I had to do, and stuff that needed to be done. Maybe mom wouldn't notice?

"Renee. Come down here." My mother, Christie's stern voice interrupted my thoughts and stopped me halfway up the stairs. I turned my head slowly, still meekly hoping that she didn't notice that I was there. "NOW."

I turned slowly, dropping my black bag onto the stairs, and clumping down the stairs, to stop in the doorway to the kitchen and lean in.

"Yes, mother darling?" I forced my peachy suck up voice.

"Cut the crap. What's the deal?" She pushed a paper across the kitchen table. My cue to step forward, not that I didn't know what it was already.

... My grades.

"And...?" I asked, though I knew she wasn't happy with what they were. Two "C's" a "D" and an "F". Oh yeah. That's a keeper.

"What're you going to do about this now? You're 16 fucking years old, Renee. Do you want to go to college?" My mother leaned her head back, turned, and walked out the back door.

I watched for a moment, looked down at the grade report, and bit into my lip, turning and walking away. Whatever. That's all it was.

... Whatever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rate and comment? Update soon.