Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Frank

I had only left the hospital about an hour when my phone vibrated in my pocket, alerting me to a text message. I pulled it out and checked my in-box. MEET ME AT MY HOUSE IN ONE HOUR. I HAVE A SURPRISE. X R X I read, my brows furrowing together in a confused frown. Tessa had told me Rosie wasn't coming out of hospital until later in the day, once they'd made sure she wasn't suicidal.

I didn't dwell on that thought, I just bounded upstairs, glad that Rosie seemed cheerful. If you can seem cheerful through text, that is. I jumped in for a quick shower, but it took a bit longer than I had thought, so once I was done I only had about 10 minutes to be at Rosie's.

"Damn," I swore to myself, pulling on a faded brown peace sign t-shirt, scruffy jeans and a pair of Gray converses. My hair was still messy and damp from the shower so I grabbed my multi-colored checked cap from near the door on the way out and rammed it on.

I jogged quickly to Rosie's, and arrived with a couple of minutes to spare, but she was already waiting for me outside, jumping up and down on the spot. I looked at her, then looked at her again, a comedic double-take. She was wearing tight white t-shirt with a black indie pattern on it over ripped skinny jeans, and of course her converses were still firmly in place. As she jumped up and down, bracelets rattled on her thin wrists, almost slipping off, but she grabbed them and hitched them back up, running toward me.

"Frank!" She cried, excitement clear in her voice. "You came!" She giggled as she enveloped me in a tight hug. I hadn't hugged her before, she'd been to distant. The sudden change in personality dizzied me.

"Of course I did," I smiled as she released me. "What's the surprise?"

"Concert night!" She squealed, obviously excited, but when I asked her the bands name she shrugged. "Another surprise," was the easy answer. I didn't know what to make of this new laid-back Rosie.

So I just helped her put on her yellow bird backpack and adjusted her green bows, then followed her to the bus station.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short, Internet decided to delete the original.
Comments plox, so I know to continue.

Rosie's Outfit
Frank's Outfit