Behind the Scars

The Reason

He walked out of the room without a word said. She was sitting on the bed confused, as she waited for him to return.

When he walked into the living room, he saw the guys all sitting around snacking on junk food and enjoying a game of poker.

"I think Nick Napier is in Gotham. I need you guys to go out and do a search. See if you can find anything on him."
"Tonight?" Ace ask.
"Yes, TONIGHT." The Joker snapped.

His men knew he was serious. They all placed their food and cards down on the table and went upstairs to get themselves prepared. The Joker stood there for what seemed like forever, thinking about his father. How could he have slipped through the cracks? Just months ago, he had the entire city searched from top to bottom. Could Allie have been mistaken?

He looked down when he felt arms wrap around his waist. He tensed up feeling someone so close to him. He starred at the chipped red polish on her nails and smiled. She meant so much to him, even though he hadn't known her for very long. He felt her lay her head against his back, and he grinned as he rubbed his hands over her hands.

"I'm sorry if I said something."
"You didn't say anything, princess."

He slowly turned around and gazed down into her brilliant orbs and smiled. He was about to lean down and press his mouth against hers, but he heard foot steps coming down the stairs. He looked towards the stair case and saw his men.

"We'll phone if we find anything boss."
"Ok." The Joker said.

He watched as they walked out of the house. He looked back towards her and grinned.

"Where are they going?" She ask.
"Nowhere important."
"Jack. . ."
"Allie, let's go upstairs." He said placing his rough hand in hers.

She was shocked by his kind gesture. She smiled, as she placed her hand in his and they began walking up the old stair case together. Every time she touched him, she felt so alive. He walked into the bedroom and she followed in slowly behind him. They still held hands as he walked over to his bed and took a seat. She was left standing in front of him. He grinned as he raised his hand up and touched her cheek softly. She leaned down, and pressed her lips against his, which was exactly what he wanted. He placed both of his strong hands upon her cheeks, holding her lips in place. He didn't want to break their kiss anytime soon.

The kiss deepened, and he found himself being pushed back on the bed. He grinned, as he felt her sitting on top of him, straddling his waist. Normally he wouldn't like it if someone was taking charge of him, dominating him, but with her, the role fit. He pulled away from her lips, and trailed a line of kisses down her throat, which resulted in a soft moan coming from her lush mouth.

He knew he shouldn't allow this to go much further. He didn't know if he was able to stop if he did. He pulled away from her and looked into her eyes.

"You're important to me. . ." He mumbled, "But. . . I am not going to take advantage of you." He said.

She swallowed hard.

"Who said you were taking advantage of me?" She ask.

He sighed, running his hands through his hair. "It's too soon." He said, which shocked her.

Normally a man would never say it's too soon. She bit down on her bottom lip, and moved off from him. He pulled her into his arms, and placed a kiss upon the crown of her head. She smiled, realizing that he really did care for her. In his own way, he cared about her.

"So, are you going to tell me why you acted all weird when I mentioned the grocery store incident to you earlier?" She ask.

He wasn't expecting her to bring that up. He swallowed the lump in his throat, and then smacked his lips together.

"I think the man. . .was uhm. . I think he was. . ." He struggled with his words. "My father." He finally said, speaking the word father as if it was a disease.
"Is that a bad thing?" She ask.
"A horrible thing." He muttered.
"How come?" She ask.

He groaned, "I don't think that's a story you want to know."
"Try me. . . I want to know everything about you, Jack."
"No, you don't. My stories aren't colorful and pretty, their dark and would probably give you nightmares."
"I don't care-- Please, tell me."

He groaned loudly, "My father is the reason why I'm like this. . ." He started, "Not just the reason why I'm the Joker, but the reason for my uhm. . ." He licked over the scars on his face as he thought about the knife slicing through his young cheeks, "Scars." He said.

He could feel her tense up beneath him, and he didn't know if he should tell her anything else or not.

"I'm sorry." She said.
"Don't apologize for him. . . I plan on taking care of him."
"Jack. . . He's your father."
"And he raped and murdered my mother-- He deserves a horrible death." Jack mumbled.

Allie didn't know what to say.

"Say something!" He said after minutes of silence.
"I am so so sorry, Jack." She whispered, turning to face him.

His face was emotionless.

"He's going to pay for what he's done to me. . . what pain he's caused me." He mumbled.

She was scared of him, not for herself, but for his father. His voice was dark, and she could tell that he wanted to bring this man pain.

"If you kill him. . . are you. . . going to stop?" She ask.
"Stop what?" He ask.
"Being. . the Joker?" She ask.

He thought about what she was asking him. Was he asking her to stop for himself or for her? He swallowed hard.

"I'll consider it." He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image