Behind the Scars

Pictures

He looked down at her sleeping in his arms, and grinned. She was the most beautiful woman in the world, and she was now wrapped in his arms. He slowly freed himself from her and moved out of the bed. He tucked the covers up around her, and then walked out of the room. Walking down the stairs, he heard the front door opening. He cursed himself, for not having a weapon on him. He peeked around the corner quickly, and sighed with relief when he realized it was just his men coming home. He met them in the kitchen. They looked like hell.

"Find anything?" He ask.
"We actually thought we did. We found an old run down apartment. The homeless guy who sleeps in the alley on 4th street told us a Nick had been staying there. By the time we got there, there was only a burning cigarette and a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels left." Ace said.
"He knows I'm looking for him." The Joker muttered, "Take shifts-- I want this man found." He said.

The men nodded their heads, and scurried off. King volunteered to go back out and take the first shift.

The Joker opened the refrigerator and pulled himself out a bottle of water. He quickly gulped down some of the cool refreshing contents, and then walked back up the stairs. He walked into the room where she was sleeping, and quietly walked over to his dresser. He pulled out a small box, and then walked into the bathroom, not wanting to wake Allie up.

He pushed down the toilet seat and then sit down. He opened the lit to the small brown wooden box and glanced inside. It was the only thing he had from his past life. The only thing that had kept him connected to Jack Napier. He took out his mother's necklace and glanced at it, a smile stretching across his face. The only things he had of hers was her necklace, and a ring that had been passed down from his grandmother. He also had one fading picture of her that he looked at from time to time. It made him feel human. Beside a picture of her was another picture. The picture was of the man he hated more than anything. He starred into the deep brown eyes of the man, and he felt his stomach turn. He had an encounter with him when he was just eighteen years old. He promised he would get his revenge on him, his father laughed in his face. A year later, The Joker was placed upon every newspaper and broadcast across Gotham. His father has been hiding every since. He knew the scarred flesh of his son all too well, and was scared he would live up to the promise he had made the year before.

The Joker was brought out of his thoughts by a soft knock on the door. He shut the wooden box quickly, bent down, opened the sink drawer, and placed it inside, and then opened the door. Allie was standing there with her arms crossed, a playful smile across her lips. He grinned.

"What are you doing sitting on the toilet?" She ask.
"I didn't want to wake you."
"So, you come sit on the toilet?" She ask, suppressing a giggle.

He grinned. He knew what was happening to him. He was falling in love with her. He couldn't deny it any longer, or say he didn't know what it was. He got up from the toilet, making a mental note to grab the box later and walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. He watched as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"What are you doing today?"
"I don't know. I have the boys doing shifts for me. . . I should probably go out."
"If you do. . . I want you back before dinner." She said grinning.

He rolled his eyes, "Are you bossing me around?" He ask.
"Mhm. . . I believe I am." She said smiling.

He watched as she walked over and picked up her duffel bag. She sorted through it and pulled out several different items of clothing.

"What are you going to do?" He ask.
"Take a shower."

He nodded his head, "I'm going to head out then. Ace and Trey will be downstairs if you need them." He said walking over to her.

He bent down to her level and placed a kiss upon her soft lips. She smiled into the kiss, "Be careful, Jack."

He nodded his head and walked out of the room.

She sighed, and gathered up her clothes and made her way into the bathroom. She placed her fresh clothing on the toilet seat, and then turned the water on. She got it to the perfect temperature and then climbed in the old shower. The hot water rushing down her body was relaxing to her tense muscles. She washed her hair in the strawberry and creme shampoo. She assumed it was his favorite. She noted that he always smelled of her hair when she washed in it.

Once she stepped out of the shower she noticed that she got her monthly visit. She groaned, as she opened up the bottom sink drawer to look for the tampons she had stuck there just a few days before. When she pulled the box out, something fell onto the floor. She scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion, as she bent down and picked up the wooden box. She flipped the top back and gazed inside. There wasn't much inside, two or three old pictures, a necklace, a ring, and a folded up birthday card. Curious, she picked up the pictures.

The first one she looked at was old and fading. It was probably at least twenty years old. It was of a beautiful young woman. She was thin, and had a bright smile displaying on her face. She looked like she belonged on the runway or modeling Victoria Secret underwear. Beside the woman was a small boy, probably no older than six. He had dirty blond hair and a wide smile spread across his face. His brown eyes shinned with excitement. Smiling, she placed the picture back inside the box and then looked at the next door.

She gasped when she looked at it. It was of a man-- the same man from the supermarket. Of course, this photo was probably taken twenty or so years ago as well. His hair was now Grey and he had obviously aged, and gained weight. But nonetheless it was the same man. She knew it was Jack's father she had saw now. There wasn't a doubt in her mind. She shuddered, when she looked at the man again. She concluded that the beautiful blond was his mother.

She couldn't believe the man in the picture had raped, and then murdered the gorgeous blond, and then cut the flesh of his own son. She could feel tears falling out of her eyes as she placed the pictures back inside. She then gently picked up the old necklace. It was a locket, and was gorgeous. She opened it up, and inside was a beautiful script. She ran her fingers over the words as she read them out loud, "Love you, Mom." She smiled, that was a beautiful reminder for any mother to wear around her neck. She placed the necklace back in it's spot, and then looked at the stunning ring. She was going to examine the contents of the box further, but she figured she shouldn't go through Jack's things anymore. She put the box back where she got it, and got herself dressed for the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image