Status: slowly progressing

Paradise Lost

My Black Dahlia

“Nat! There you are. We thought you weren’t coming!” Matt yelled at me over the loudness of the blasting speakers in his apartment.

“I told you I would come. Just, trust me.” I said, nervously looking around for the last person that I wanted to see.

“He’ll be here later.” Matt said, reading my mind.

“I think I might go after he shows up.”

“Look Natalie, you can’t run from him forever. Face it, Jay is a part of your life. He’s going to be there as long as me and the reset of the guys are there. And we already made a promise that that was going to be forever.”

“I know, I just, I don’t think I want to deal with getting into another fight with him if he’s here tonight. You, for a fact, know that for the past few months, the only conversations we’ve had have been yelling and bitching at each other.”

“It’ll be fine. Me, George and Jordan are all here tonight. We got your back.”

“Hey, that reminds me, where’s Aron at? I know that Dillon is with Em. But Aron’s always around.”

“He’s with his new girlfriend. She doesn’t know that he’s in Hollywood Undead yet. He’s taking her out on a date to see if we get to have ‘initiation’ into the Undead lifestyle.” Matt replied, laughing.

“So what’s her name?”

“Deuce said that it’s Scarlett Rose.”

“That’s really pretty. I like that name.”

“Well, let’s hope for Aron’s sake that she can handle all of us. If she can, that’s awesome. Then we have someone else to call when we need someone to post bail for us.” Matt said, completely serious.

“Maybe you should just quit getting into trouble.”

“Hey, I haven’t been to jail…yet.”

“Soon, Matt, your turn is soon.”

“It better not be,” Chelsey said, coming up behind Matt, “I’m not posting bail for his ass. If he’s lucky, maybe you will come get him out.”

I just laughed, knowing that Chelsey would do anything for him, even if she had to wake up at two a.m. to go get him out of jail.
I watched as Chelsey’s face instantly went from happy to concerned, and when I turned around and looked behind me, I found out why. Jorel had arrived, with a forty in his hand and a bitch on his arm. I guess that’s who he’d been fucking behind my back.

“Umm, I’ll go talk to him…” Matt said, before bolting from where he was standing.

“Are you alright?” Chelsey asked me, wrapping me in a hug.

“I’m fine, I’m just hoping that he didn’t have sex with me after he had sex with her, because if he did, I need to go to a clinic right away.” I said, somewhat serious.

Chelsey burst out laughing, causing Jay and his bitch to turn around and stare. She gave Matt an “oops” look and then dragged me out of the room. We collapsed on the couch, laughing hysterically and making jokes about the whore in the next room.

“Did you see what she was dressed in? I mean, I’ve worn some pretty skimpy outfits, but that just beats anything I’ve ever seen.” Chelsey said, catching her breath.

“Hey Natalie! Come here, I wanna talk to you!” George shouted from across the room.

“I’ll be back.” I told Chelsey, getting up to find George.

“Hey Johnny 3!” I said, placing my arm around his shoulder.

“Hey girl. I was wondering if you would like to give Aron a call with me and harass him about his new girlfriend.”

“Ha! No thanks, Aron could kick my ass. It’s happened before and I’m sure you and the guys still laugh about it when I’m not around.”

“We do,” he said, laughing, “but in all honesty, how are you right now?”

“I’m fine, why does everyone keep fucking asking, I’d tell you if I wasn’t, ok.”

“Ok, ok, calm down killer. I just wanted to make sure, you know that we’re all here for you. Don’t bite my head off, I was asking ‘cause I saw what Jay walked in here with and I know that you probably saw too.”

“Yeah, I’m ok.” I said, knowing that he just cared about me.

“Come on, let’s go outside.” George replied, seeing Jay and the girl walk into the room.

“Ok, sounds good.”

When we got outside he lit a cigarette and offered one to me.

“You know I don’t smoke.”

“One of these days something is going to push you over and you’re going to start. I’m waiting.” George replied, giving me his ‘I know you too well’ look.

“I’ll let you know when that day comes.”

We sat down in the yard facing the house and I saw through the window as Jay and the girl began kissing, Jay still had the forty in his hand.

“Hey George…light one up for me.”

He looked at me for a moment and then looked into the house, before realizing why I had asked for one.

“I shouldn’t have offered.” He mumbled to himself.

He draped his arm around my shoulder and handed me my first cigarette.
♠ ♠ ♠
Summer Vacation is finally here! My first day out was amazing!