Welcome Home

2/2

I was a wreck. By the time I turned on the eleven o clock news, my nails were bitten into nubs, my hair was more of a mess and I had to take my lip piercings out in fear of chewing my lips raw. The news reported an incident, but no further details were given.

I fell asleep on the couch, holding onto the remote tightly. I heard only the low hum of the TV, aware that if Zacky came in, he would start ranting about the fact anyone could have sneaked in while I laid there.

I've been doing it for the last year- I was going to be fine.

When I woke up, I wasn't fine. I must've gotten up in the middle of the night and shifted myself to bed. That didn't explain the clothes or the tattooed arms holding me. Growling, I kicked the masked heavy man out of bed. It was a fight. First I was held tighter, leaving me to struggle by biting and shouting my way out.

"Get the hell out of my bed, you sick pervert!" I screamed, throwing the lamp at him. Startled awake, the man started moving before I noticed the tattoos.

Slumping back on the bed, I growled. "Zachary James Baker, what the hell!?"

Taking off his mask, I could hear his laughter cutting through my anger. "Baby, I'm sorry! I fell asleep before I could take it off and you didn't wake up because you fell asleep watching TV." He stopped there, eying me slowly. I blushed, knowing he was thinking of the million times he told me to stop doing that.

"You're home," I whispered, staring back. He scratched the back of his head, grinning.

"Nice welcome I received," he walked to me, pulling me up for a quick kiss.

"I'll make it up to you," I smiled, letting my nerves take over. Fear and happiness fought over my actions, before gratitude took over. Kissing him passionately, my body felt a thrill as my best friend and boyfriend dipped me slowly, as he did many years before that.

"I love you, Lauren," he said sweetly.

"I love you too," I grinned back. So what if we had to run? He was worth it.

Letting the emotions cover us like a blanket, I sunk down with him on the bed. We'd run afterward. Right now we had some time to make up for.