Status: Hiatus

E.N.V.I.O.U.S.

Something Precious

Xane is very, very frustrated. She can’t concentrate on the road.

That gangster shit… Really ruining everything

Her Hybrid Prius was about 150km/hour. She thinks it’s quite a normal speed, until there’s a motorbike passes through her front. Xane brakes in reflex and her face gets an impact.

“Akh, damnit!!”

She has never been so frustrated. She gets out from the car and walks toward the motorbike’s owner.

“What the fuck are you doing?? You could’ve been killed you moron!”

“You stay on that speed; you’re the one who’s going to be killed.”

Xane eyes widens, it’s the person who makes her life upside down, Zen. Since she met Zen, everything turns crazy.

“You again! YOU! God, why you?!” She can’t take it anymore. Zen stares at her. He shrugs and sees wounds on Xane’s face. He walks to the back of Xane’s car and opens the trunk.

“Hey! What the hell are you doing??”

“Shut up.” He says firmly.

Xane stays quiet. His eyes, again, frightens her. Zen opens the First-Aid kit box and takes a band-aid. He touches Xane’s chin and treat her wounds. Xane’s cheek flustered.

“Next time if you want to suicide, don’t take others with you.”

Xane is speechless. She hasn’t noticed; her pulse is racing faster every time he touches her. Zen starts his motorbike and leaves.

“….Thanks…”

----------------------------------------------------------

“Aaarghh!”

Vei throws herself to her fluffy bed. Her room is twice larger than her classroom. She scans her room from the ceiling to her wardrobe. The door’s full of her photos with Xane. They have been bestfriends since High School.

But back then, Xane is even harsher than in college. She always looks up at Xane as a prince of princess. Xane is flawless, perfect at everything. Xane never fails at any subjects, she’s definitely a straight A student.

The point is, Vei is very envious at Xane.

She could never be like Xane. She’s just a stuck-up bitch that could only do one thing, modeling. The company could fire her anytime. She feels so insecure, she’s afraid.
Vei wants to call Abbie to talk about this, since she’s so comfortable to talk to. But…

Damn, I forgot to ask her number!

Then, she curses everybody.

-----------------------------------

Starbucks Grand Indonesia,

Abbie is ordering her favorite café latte, while Dane picks espresso. They both sat to the sofa on the corner.

“So?”

Abbie is waiting the right time to spell the truth.

“It’s… complicated.”

“What complicated?” Dane is very impatient when it comes to this talk.

“I like you too, but,” She continues, “It won’t work between us, Dane.”

Dane feels upset, “What won’t work between us, Abbie?! I love you, and you love me. What’s wrong with that??”

“I know you already hit a girl, Dane!” Abbie finally lets out what’s on her mind about him. He already lost what precious to him.

“I…” Dane shivers, “I was drunk, Abbie… I… I don’t even know her!!”

Abbie crosses her arms, “I already told you not to come to that stupid prom or party, or whatever!”

Dane is so messed up. He can’t think. The girl that he loves for 3 years has lost his trust. He crosses his hand and sinks his head.

He’s crying.

Abbie feels sympathy for him. She touches his arms. Dane keeps crying, and this time even louder.

“Um…Dane, let’s go outside, okay?” She pulls Dane out from Starbucks and goes inside her Smart Car.

----------------

Finally Dane stops crying, he looks at the car’s ceiling.

“I’m a jerk, Abbie.”

“Yes you are, Dane.” Abbie smirked. Dane looks at her, a little upset.

“You are a jerk, asshole, stupid, and don’t think before you act.” She laughed. Dane puts his oh-how-so-funny face to her.

“But you are my best friend.”

This time, Dane can’t say anything. She always amazes him. Dane cries, again.

“Oh Lord, stop crying!!” She starts her car and drives Dane home.