This One's a Cheap Shot

Chapter One

The sun was setting over Locksley, the sky was starting to darken, and as beautiful as Locksley was at night, I couldn’t help but wish it was tomorrow. My brother was free now, free to move long with life, he could be counted as a free man now but I was still a servant. I was excited that my brother had returned from the Holy Land and I was even more grateful than master Robin was back but I still couldn’t help the feelings that things would be different had they not left, my brother wouldn’t be free and he wouldn’t be able to leave me which is something that I feared ever since the day I saw my parents being murdered at the hands of outlaws fifteen years ago.

I checked the temperature of the bath before telling Robin that it was ready. He entered the room, a cocky smile on his face as he walked towards me. “Enjoy your bath master,” I said as I walked past him, hoping to get out of there before I feel for his charms again.

“You never call me master,” Robin stated as his grip on my arm tightened. I shrugged him off before leaving the room, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to start on dinner. I looked out the window to look at Locksley, it was so corrupt now, Guy had made sure of that. When the meal was cooked and my Brother Much and Robin where at the table the other servants brought the food to them. I walked past them quickly and headed of the door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I heard Much’s voice as I reached the door.

“To get some fresh air,” I mumbled, he shook his head.

“Sit down Trina,” he demanded, I grimaced before walking over and sitting in the chair next to him. He pulled my chair closer to him before he began to eat. I rested my head in my hands as I felt eyes on me from across the table.

“What’s wrong with you? Trina, you’ve been different since we came back,” Robin questioned, I looked up quickly.

“No Robin.. I have been different since you left,” I answered as I got up and walked away quickly but not quick enough as a hand caught my arm. I was pulled back into Robins arms, tears began to fall from I eyes as his arms encased me in his embrace. “You left me and you took my brother with you,” I choked out through a sob as I heard Much walking over and felt his hand being placed on my back. Loud cries interrupted our hug as I pulled away quickly.

“Mommy,” Jacob yelled through the house, I looked at Robin, seeing a look of confusion on his face before I pulled away completely and took off in the direction of my son. I heard footsteps behind me as I quickly walked though the kitchen and headed to the servant quarters. When I reached the large room, Jacob was sitting on the floor crying. I ran forward and crouched at his side, seeing blood on his forehead.

“What’s happened to you?” I asked, worry evident in my voice. He looked up at me with a tear stained face.

“I fell,” he mumbled before throwing his arms around me, I held him close to me and rubbed his back in a calming manner until he finally stopped crying. I headed a cough from the doorway and glanced up quickly at Robin, his face was priceless as he and much got a good luck at Jacob.

“You left me with more than you bargained for,” I stated as I stood up and lifted the four year old into my arms before walking passed Robin and Much.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked,

Comment please!

XxX