Status: hiatus: its been over a year since my last update. im sorry. ill willingly take up offers for a new author for this story!

What Do The Dead Wear?

An Unlikely Friendship

When Frank was on about his millionth sip, the small little bell hung above the door rang. He slowly craned his head to the side to see none other than the man he had so patiently been waiting for.

"Oh, there you are. I was hoping you'd already be here." Gerard said as he noticed a not to thrilled Frank staring up at him.

"Yeah, I've kind of been waiting for a while..." Frank trailed off, trying his best to give him a cheery smile and tone. He didn't want to come off on Gerard as being bitchy. He wasn't always impatient, he hadn't been in the mood the previous night.

"Sorry. Some old lady was having trouble finding her credit card, and then she started yelling at Chris for not bagging her veggies in a separate bag from her canned items. It was kind of annoying." Gerard smiled and laughed, sitting on the chair next to Frank's. Frank joined in laughing with him, picturing Gerard trying to be nice while some old lady wasn't comprehending what he was saying.

"Don't worry about it, really. As long as I have a nice warm fire, a big comfy chair and a frappucino, I'm good." Frank giggled as sipped his frappucino some more.

"Go get yourself one," Frank said, "I don't feel right being the only one drinking right now." He laughed again, noticing Gerard coffeeless.

Gerard soon got up and walked his way over to the counters, ordering himself a cappuccino. Frank lazed against the back of the chair, letting the red velvety fabric engulf his small figure. He closed his eyes as the warmth from the fire heat up his body, slightly dozing off from the calmness.

"Hey, don't fall asleep on me." Frank nearly jumped out of his skin when Gerard's voice alerted him.

"Jebus." Frank gasped, clutching his chest. "Don't sneak up on me like that!" Gerard just sat down and laughed at him. It wasn't like Frank hadn't known he was going to be there.

"Sorry. But anyways, uh here's your wallet and you left your sunglasses as well." He pulled out a familiar black wallet and white Hollywood sunglasses. Frank's eyes brightened up as he was reunited with his wallet and favorite sunglasses.

"Oh my god. Thank you so much!" He exclaimed as he jumped up and snatched up his wallet and sunglasses. He shoved the black leathered material into his back pocket and placed the sunglasses on top of his head.

His smile fell when he noticed his frappucino spilt all over the hard wood floor. "Oh dear." He gasped as he quickly picked up the plastic cup and set it on a table. He then proceeded to mop up the mess with a few napkins, placing them straight in the garbage can when he was done.

"Sorry about that, but yes, thank you so much for bringing them back to me." Frank smiled as he sat himself back down on his ever so comfy red chair.

"No problem. Well, I haven't got work for another hour, so uh...hows it going?" Gerard awkwardly asked. He had already given Frank his wallet and sunglasses, which, were in fact the only reason why he went to meet up with him that day.

Meeting conversations were always award with him. He never knew quite what to say, and often times, he ended up saying the wrong things. He usually liked other people to start the conversation, but with Frank, he figured he'd better start it.

"Um, its going good. I mean, here I am in my favorite coffee shop with you, I don't think it could get any better." Frank smiled and relaxed against the back of the chair, propping his feet against the hearth.

Gerard looked at him with a shocked face, he couldn't really understand what Frank had meant about being in the shop with him and it not being able to get any better.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Starbucks is one of the greatest places on earth. Even if everyone hates them, I love them!" Gerard exclaimed, letting the shocked feeling wash away from him. He rested against the back of his seat as he too propped his feet on the hearth.

The two of them sat there for quite some while, making small talk. They seemed to have clicked quite well, avoiding that awkward 'get to know you' stage all together. They found to have things in common they never thought possible.

--

As the day had gone by, Gerard and Frank had to part each other from Starbucks. They said good bye with an exchange of numbers and a promise to call.

Frank paced around his small little living area when he couldn't decide what to do with himself. His legs started getting tired and his body forced him to plopped down on his couch.

As he stared at his small television, it beeped and light illuminated from the glass screen. New Jersey's news was on and by the looks of it, someone had been freshly murdered. It wasn't odd to see in Jersey though, it was common to have killers running around and dead bodies found in parks.

"Later today, a young man was found dead in West Hudson Park. He has not yet been identified, but we have Mark at the scene. Mark?" A women with unnaturally volumnized sandy hair and tight lips reported to the camera. She didn't seem to shocked at the news, but it was still convincing that she was into what she was reporting.

The screen then flashed to man wrapped up in a blue winter jacket, a dark scene behind him.

"Yes, thank you, Jennifer. I am here on the streets of Hudson, right in front of West Hudson Park. Where a man has been found dead. Paramedics have already come to the scene and taken him to the hospital. We do not yet have witnesses of what happened, but we will give a 300 dollar reward to anyone who can give us information on the victim or of what has happened. Jennifer, back to you." Mark uttered into his microphone as he kept staring into the camera.

"And this story will be continued at nine o'clock. In other news..." Jennifer started, but Frank lost interest in what her next topic was. He clicked the off button on his remote and sat there staring at the blank screen. He sat there for a good ten minutes before he decided to resign to sleeping.

He picked up his feet and shuffled his way to his big comfy bed. Pulling off his shirt and pants, he crawled in between the thick black sheets. As his head hit the pillow, he instantly fell asleep.