Forgotten Faces

Cat

I hurried on my way to PE, even though I wanted nothing to do with the class. I nearly screamed, when I tripped over someone’s shoes, as I entered the changing room.

Who honestly left their shoes right by the door? They were insane!

I quickly told myself to calm down, and I sighed deeply. I quickly got changed into my PE clothes, and I tied my hair up.

Everything was going to be okay, Adriana.

I entered the gym, and I was surprised to see all of the classes were inside. That was an odd thing. Usually one or two of the four classes would be outside for their mile runs.

I shrugged it off, not caring too much. I quickly ran over to my teacher’s side of the gym, and he quickly took role call.

I slowly made my way over to the bleachers. Turns out nothing was happening today. The teachers want to make sure that everyone is on the list they’re supposed to be.

Great school, right? Not making sure of these sorts of things, before school started. Sometimes I doubted schools' abilities to even teach us sometimes. The teachers and staff never seemed to surprise me with some of the things they did.

But then again, it did give me a free day from gym, which I absolutely loved and adored.

I stared down at my hands that were resting in my lap. So what was I going to do, while I sat here? There was nothing I wanted to do right now.

The teachers said we could go play volleyball, soccer, or basketball, but I wasn’t interested in those sports at all. I mean, who would with my graceful moves?

I would much rather sit down and do nothing right now. At least I wouldn’t injury myself or someone else in the process.

I closed my eyes, as I tried to think of something to think of. Of course my mind only stayed on two things. They were the two things I didn’t want to think about though.

One was thinking about what Matt was doing. He had this period of gym too, so where exactly was he? I wondered if he was playing one of the sports. He seemed like was an athletic person, so he probably excelled in sports and gym.

He was very toned in his arms, legs, and chest.

I felt my cheeks flush.

I shouldn’t be thinking of such thoughts! I felt myself grow even redder at the thought of him in the nurse’s office. I thought of how close we were to each other. I thought of the many things that could’ve happened between us, if I didn’t end up running away because of Justin.

I quickly shook him from my head, telling myself that he wasn’t the type of person my parents would approve for me. I certainly was interested in him. He was an interesting guy.

I mean, he was able to convince me to ditch the first day of school yesterday. No one’s ever tried to get me to ditch school, so I wasn’t entirely sure if it was a hard thing to do. But I was sure that it was something I never dreamed of ever doing. I had to give him some sort of credit for getting me to ditch.

I quickly straightened my back out. I couldn’t believe that I actually allowed myself to slouch. It was such a bad habit. My parents would’ve been so disappointed in me, if they had seen the sight of me ever doing that. I was already disappointed in myself though.

But Matt was so much better than the other thing that was crossing my mind frequently since yesterday.

I couldn’t believe my eyes or my ears. I saw him, I heard him, and he was most definitely not one of my many nightmares about him. It was legit, and he was back.

Why was he back? He shouldn’t have come back. Why was he doing this to me? All I wanted to do was be happy.

I snorted. Wait, I snorted?

That wasn’t like me at all. I was usually the one who was the quiet girl, who held everything back. And I was good at that too. I was good at making sure none of my evil and bad thoughts spewed out of my mouth of facial expressions.

Now people always told me that it wasn’t very good for me, but nothing bad has come from it. I wasn’t one to suddenly explode from all of the pressure of it either. I was good at it, almost too good at it.

I could fake a smile, and no one would ever be able to tell that it was a fake one. My mother and father, who raised me, couldn’t tell when I was lying to them.

I didn’t lie to them very often of course. I only did it at times, when it benefited them and not me. I was good at making sure that everyone around me was happy and having a good time.

“Having a fun time thinking,” I heard someone say. Their voice made me jump up slightly, causing them to giggle.

I looked over to my right, and I wished I wasn’t here already. It was that girl again, that Caitlin girl. She was so very weird, wasn’t she?

She sat down to my right, sighing deeply. She grinned at me happily, and I looked down at the ground quickly.

I hoped she wasn’t planning on talking with me for too long. Well, I hoped that she would just walk away from me actually. I didn’t feel like interacting with her at all. She was a weird girl, and she made me feel uncomfortable. And no doubt she was going to bring up Matt for some reason. Was she obsessed with that guy or something?

I shrugged slightly.

“Yeah, thinking is kind of boring, probably why I love talking so much more. I like to let people know what exactly what I’m thinking, you know?” she said.

I shrugged again.

I didn’t enjoy people who knew what I was thinking. I prefer if they just assumed what I was thinking. It was better for the both of us, if they did that. They wouldn’t like what I was thinking.

People didn’t like it, when people didn’t agree with them. They wanted to be right all the time. They wanted to assume that everyone liked and agreed with them. If I let them assume that I liked and agreed with them, it would be easier of the both of us.

“But I can tell that you like to keep your shit bottled up. I’d say that’s bad for your own mental stability, but I can tell you’ve done it for a long time now,” she said grinning.

Did this girl stand there, reading my mind? No one’s ever been able to read me like that ever. My parents can’t do that. My “friends” can’t do that either. Hell, my therapist wasn’t able to read me at all! What does she even want?

“So where’s Matt at?” she asked. I shrugged yet again. She had this smirk on her face.

So she was here to talk about Matt then. Why did she feel the need to speak about Matt to me? I wasn’t friends with Matt. I barely knew Matt, and I wasn’t going to get to know him any better than I already did, which wasn’t much anyways.

“He’s probably playing basketball right now,” she said calmly. I stared down at my dirty sneakers. I’ve had them since freshman year. Good thing I had my growth spur in the eighth grade, right?

“You’re really cute, you know that?” she said. I looked at her, staring at her oddly.

Was she checking me out or something? I wasn’t one for girls unfortunately for her. I liked men no matter how much I avoided them.

She gave me a small smile. What was she playing at? She was only confusing me more and more, and I didn’t like it one bit. Why couldn’t she just say exactly what she wanted? I wasn’t getting her point.

“Now despite how delicious you look, I’m not gonna be interested.” She said. I stared at her weird. Okay, she was one weird girl.

What was she talking about now? I was getting rather tired of her antics right now, and I didn’t exactly feel like I wanted to be hit on by anyone, let alone another girl right now.

I opened my mouth to speak, but she waved her hand at me.

“I’m taken, chica. No use for you to use your smooth words on me.” She said in a teasing voice.

Was she dropped as a child or something?

“I have the best man in this whole world.” She said, standing up quickly. She brought her hands up to chest, grabbing onto her shirt tightly between her fingers.

She was probably thinking of him right now. She was probably thinking of his personality, his looks, and how he treated her like a princess. I could see it in her eyes. She loved him a lot, didn’t she? I guess that she was a lucky one. She got someone she loved, and he probably loved her back too. She was a lucky girl, crazy but lucky.

“His eyes shine like the sun, and he has the most amazing voice. He gives me goose bumps, when he touches me. He knows all my weak points from my ears to my spot under my jaw line,” she said quickly.

I didn’t need to hear any of this. I groaned softly, hoping and praying that she didn’t hear that over her little rant on her boyfriend.

I guess I was happy that she was actually able to find someone that actually could stand being around her. He must be crazy though, if he could actually be with this girl.

“Well, I think I’ve told you how much I love him for now. I’ll see you around. Besides, Matt’s coming over this way. Good luck, Adriana!” Caitlin yelled.

She hopped her way down the bleachers, and I stopped my body from moving an inch.

Did she say that Matt was coming this way?

“Hey, Adriana.”

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
There an update for Mattie. I wanted to wait for some more comments, but hey... I had an urge to update for him for some reason. Comment?