Forgotten Faces

Odd Characters

I sighed as I waved good-bye to my mom. She drove off, waving back at me with a worried look on her face. I think she found out about me ditching.

Father and her were glancing at me so oddly this morning. I think they were disappointed in me. I was disappointed in myself as well.

I mean, who actually ditches school with someone they met just that day? No one does that, so I shouldn’t have done that either.

I quickly made my way into the school grounds, and I sat down at my usual table. I sighed deeply.

It was hot today. I mean, what were you to expect? It was California, and it manages to stay hot even in September.

I’d just have to wait to October, and then it would gradually get colder. I loved the winter. I hated the summer.

I mean, the summer just gave girls unnecessary reasons to strip down. In the winter, they had to cover some of themselves up at least.

I found it ridiculous how some girls could wear mini skirts during the winter. I would be freezing to death, if I were them. I mean, I was the girl who wore jeans during summer break as crazy as it sounds.

“Hey, there’s a table!” I heard a girl’s voice say. I didn’t pay too much attention though. Not like they were talking about my table. No one but me sat down here.

“Josie, come on!” I heard the same voice say.

I could hear a couple of movements, probably one of them were running or something like that. I closed my eyes, hoping that the loud noise would soon disappear from my ears.

I heard a girl clear her throat and I lazily looked up. I was surprised, when I saw two girls standing to my right.

One of them had brown hair. She had soft brown eyes to match them. She was shyly hiding her face with her two hands. She was staring at her friend, who was grinning at me.

Her friend had dark brown hair, and she had eyes that were almost like shimmering gold, almost a honey color. She seemed pretty happy, considering it was morning.

“Hey, the name’s Caitlin, call me Cat though” the gold-eyed one said. I nodded slowly.

Why were they here again?

“She’s Josie. She’s kind of quiet. Don’t mind her too much; she’s really nice once you get to know her though,” Caitlin said rather quickly.

I nodded again.

“And you are?” Josie asked timidly.

“Adriana,” I said slowly.

I wasn't sure why I even answered her. I didn't want them to sit down with me. I didn't want to have small talk with them. I didn't need them to fake an interest in me to let them sit down with me.

Josie nodded, and they both sat down on the opposite side of the table. Caitlin was grinning, ear to ear, at me, and I was somewhat distant from her. She seemed odd to me.

Josie was quietly playing with her brown locks. She was more of the quiet type much unlike her friend, I guess.

“So what year you in,” Caitlin asked me. “Senior,” I mumbled. She nodded.

So when did they plan on leaving? I was getting slightly annoyed by their fake pleasantries. I'm sure they had other friends somewhere on campus to bother.

“So is Josie. I’m a junior though,” she said happily. I shrugged though. I didn’t see any particular reason why I had to be socializing with these girls. I didn’t know them, and I didn’t feel obligated to get to know them right now, maybe ever.

“Cat,” Josie said. She sounded like she was trying to get Caitlin to stop doing something or maybe even remind her of something she forgot to say or do.

“Oh, that’s right!” Caitlin shouted loudly.

I shook from being startled at her sudden outburst. She should come with a warning label or something.

I liked Josie a whole lot more, but of course that wasn’t saying much anyways.

“Adriana, we saw you with Matt yesterday,” Caitlin said. She was wiggling her eyebrows, and I found it odd. What was she doing? She was creeping me the hell out.

“Matt,” I said slowly letting his short name roll on my tongue.

So they were here, talking to me because of Matt? They were here talking about that boy? Were they girls who had crushes on him, and they were pissed off at me?

They didn’t seem angry or frustrated at me though. In fact, they seemed rather happy. What were they talking to me for? I didn't even want to talk to Matt anymore.

Josie nodded timidly.

“What about him?” I asked getting annoyed. Caitlin purred, and I stared at her oddly.

I was done with this. They were far too weird for me right now. I didn’t need this type of thing in the mornings.

I stood up.

“It’s been rather interesting talking to the two of you. Now if you’ll excuse me,” I said. I walked away, and I could hear Caitlin laughing the whole time.

She was an odd character. Maybe more annoying than odd though I had to admit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mattie gets an update! :D Well, two new characters. Tell me what you think of them. So comment away! :D