Forgotten Faces

Are You Done

It was rather awkward just sitting next to Matt. He wasn't talking to any of his friends. He was just sitting there, staring down at his hands.

I wondered if he was just as pathetic as I was, thinking about his hands now. Was he the same as I? Or was he just another person that was slightly interested in me for a brief moment or two?

I couldn't figure him out. He was a mystery to me. He never did or say anything that really told me anything about him.

I mean, he knew my full name. That told me absolutely nothing except that he was either creepy or that he was just very good at finding information about people. I'd like to believe that it was the second one, considering I was slightly interested in him myself.

Now that he wasn't sleeping awkwardly in a chair in the nurse's office, his real posture was showing. He sat up fairly straight. His shoulders went back, and he didn't put his elbows on the table either. He was fairly well-mannered.

He still looked so very calm. He wasn't saying anything, and it looked like he was in deep though. It was calming. It was almost nice.

He had a pleasant facial expression, not something harsh as I expected. His lips were slightly curled into a small smile. The lip ring also caught my attention once again. It was shining in the lights. It was glistening.

I wanted nothing more than to touch the lip ring. I wondered how cold it felt. I wondered how much it had hurt, when it pierced his skin. I wondered if I could ever get one myself. Lip rings certainly did seem to interest me enough.

My eyes went to his hair again. His black locks were combed back now, not neatly though. It gave him a nice bad boy look, while making him looked almost presentable.

He was no longer wearing the gym outfit, but he still looked nice. He was wearing black jeans that hugged his thighs slightly. It wasn't too tight, but it was the right amount for his body type. He had a plain black sleeve-less shirt on. I could see that he definitely worked out. His muscles on his arms were definitely developing.

"You done looking at me yet," Matt asked.

He caught me yet again. It was just like the time I thought he was sleeping in the nurse's office.

I felt my cheeks go red, and I bit down on my lower lip. I looked down at the ground. The tiles were an ugly green color.

I didn't answer him.

I didn't need myself saying something stupid or idiotic. His friends were probably already looking at me, wondering what sort of person I was. They were already scrutinizing me, looking at every single detail. They knew what sort of person I was, and they didn't seem to like it.

"Why would she, Matt? You're one hot piece of meat!" Cat yelled. She had a smile on her face, but the guy next to her was frowning. I think his name was Zachary or something like that.

"What about me, babe?" the guy asked. He sounded hurt but not genuinely. I guess he was just having some fun with her.

"Oh, I love you, Zacky. Matt's just hunky." Cat said happily. Zacky pouted, but I was sure it was gone as soon as Cat kissed him good and hard.

There did seem to be a lot of couples here at the table. Zacky and Cat seemed to be caught up in their kissing now. Aimee and Jimmy off in their own land, playing tic tac tac with each other, like little children. Josie was talking to one of the guys, who I assumed was her boyfriend. I seemed to have forgotten his name though.

Somehow this boy did look a bit familiar to me though. I just couldn't quite place it yet.

"What's his name," I asked Matt. I pointed near Josie, and Matt smiled.

"That's just Syn," Matt said.

I looked at him oddly, wondering what kind of name that was. It wasn't proper at all. What sort of adult would honestly name their child such a horrid name? That's almost as bad as BJ, which I had the pleasure of meeting a boy named that.

"Oh, right. You don't know," Matt said chuckling.

I stared at him oddly. What didn't I know? Surely, what I didn't know he couldn't have much knowledge on.

"We're all in a band, me and the guys anyways. We all have our own stage names. You know for fun and stuff," Matt said smiling.

His smile did make him look a little attractive.

I quickly frowned, not liking where my mind was wandering.

I shouldn't be doing this at all. I should be in the library, studying away for the Chemistry mid-terms that were no where close to the present time. I liked being safe. I liked having high grades. I liked being the teen aged girl with absolutely no one to talk to.

And now I was lying.

"What's your stage name?" I asked quietly, trying to stop my thoughts from flowing so fast.

Matt gave me another smile, forcing one out of me. I guess my smile got him quite happy because he just lit up.

"It's M Shadows," Matt said.

I didn't say anything. I didn't think it fit him at all right now. He seemed so much more happier than "M Shadows". He was a lot more cheerful.

Again, I couldn't believe my own thoughts. I wasn't supposed to be thinking like this. This wasn't normal for me at all.

I wasn't thinking like my old self. My old self was the pragmatic one. She knew what to do and say to make sure I stayed the way I was all throughout these years. She was the one who knew how to survive.

I needed to get away. I needed to get away from these sort of people. They were making me... something I wasn't. They were making me say and think things I never thought I should or would. It was unnatural.

"Excuse me, I need to leave now." I said softly.

I didn't bother to look at any of them. They would all hate me now; I know it. I didn't want to be yelled at because how antisocial I was. It was something I didn't mind, and I didn't want people yelling at me because of it.

I quickly paced out of the cafeteria. I didn't bother looking back. They wouldn't bother to look at me either. I just knew it.

As soon as I got to my locker's hallway, I heard someone yelling. I could hear the loud thumping they were making. It almost sounded like they were coming towards me.

I jumped up slightly as someone grabbed me from behind.

"You wanna go and have some more fun, sis?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So there's Mattie's update. Now tell me how much you love me and Matt updates! :D

Oh, and my mommy just made fun of me for my old obsession of wrestling. D: She just made me feel like a geek. Well, that was irrelevant.

But I wanna know which story you guys would prefer me updating the most. So tell me.