The Wakko Werewolves

Chapter 2

I looked around wondering if I was suppose to stand and wait for someone to tell me which cabin I belonged in, or help myself to any cabin of my choosing. I finally got the guts to ask someone. I walked up to a guy wearing a green shirt tucked into a pair of khaki shorts and I tapped his shoulder. Which was muscular. He turned around his hair was cut just short enough for it to spiked at the ends. He had strong facial features, handsome, and tanned pretty nicely. He smiled at me.

"I'm Ted. What's up?" he asked.

"I need some help, I'm not sure where I'm suppose to go." I said to him.

"Well, I'm the boys' counselor. You'll need to talk to the girls' counselor. She'll be wearing a yellow shirt and her name is Beth. I believe she's in that cabin." he said.

"Thanks. Oh and what's your name again?" I asked him smiling as sweetly as possible.

"Ted." he said and smiled showing teeth.

I wonder if Ted would ever consider hanging out with me during this camping experience. Maybe I'll like camp after all. I went to the cabin he pointed to. It was Cabin B. I walked up the stairs of the porch and walked through the door and opened it. I heard loud obnoxious screaming and a woman wearing a yellow shirt tucked into jeans yelling at one of the girls.

"Put that thing away!" one girl cried.

"That thing is gross!" the other girl cried.

Both girls were standing on a cot hugging each other as the other girl held something in her arm. The woman I'm guessing who was Beth sighed and looked at me from the girl sitting on the bed smiling and petting whatever was on her arm. She walked up to me and smiled professionally.

"Hello, I'm Beth sorry about that little episode, what's up?" she asked me.

"I'm looking for my cabin." I said.

"Okay what's your first and last name?" she asked me.

"Cassandra Williams." I said.

She flipped through the pages to the second to last page on her clipboard.

"Well here you are and this is your cabin." she said to me and smiled.

I looked around and frowned. I hope that this wasn't one of the worst cabins because I would definitely lie about my last and first name to get a better cabin. The screen had holes in it. The floor didn't look sound and dare I mention the smell. It was a mixture of mold and sweaty arm pits.

"If you have any problems don't hesitate to ask okay?" she asked.

"Uh yeah." I said as she left.

I walked past the three girls as the two standing on the cot settled down far from the girl sitting on the middle cot petting whatever creature that was attached to her arm. I placed my suitcase on the last cot in the room.

"Hey I'm Amy." the girl said behind me.

I spun around and she stood in front of me.

"Oh... hi, I'm Cassandra." I said and held out my hand. She shook it.

I saw something flicker pink and I pulled away.

"Don't worry it's just Sid, he's my pet snake." she said pulling him from her arm and Sid the skinny green snake wrapped his body around her left arm. I wasn't deadly afraid of snakes. But that didn't mean I didn't like them.

"You brought your snake?" I asked her.

"Yeah isn't that so gross!" one of the girls cried and ran towards me.

She wore a pair of jeans a tee shirt while Amy wore a pair of black jeans and a baggy black tee shirt.

"I'm Beth." the girl said standing as far from Amy as humanly possible while trying to talk to me.

"Cassandra." I said to her.

The other girl got down and ran towards me away from Amy. She wore a pair of denim shorts and a pink tank top.

"I'm Jackie." she said.

"Nice to meet you." I told her.

"So you're our roommate for the next six weeks?" Amy asked putting her pet back into a box cage with tiny holes poked into the sides.

"Yeah. I really didn't want to come to camp but I'm here." I said.

"Glad that you came, it'll be great to have you here." Beth said.

"You've been here before?" I asked her.

"Yeah I came last year it was fun." she said and smiled.

"What about you?" I asked Jackie.

"This is my first time." she said.

"Well I'm not planning on staying long. I'm going to hope that my parents will come to their senses and pick me up." I said.

After settling down a few minutes later all the campers were called for dinner. I really didn't like the dinner which consisted of hard bread with bake beans and hot dogs sliced into it. I was hoping my room mates would past on the gassy meal.

Some of the guys were starting to have fun with there after meal indigestion and started pulling each other fingers. I sighed wishing I was with less than mature people. When I looked over to another group of guys. One of them was staring at me and got up. I turned away. That's when I noticed that Amy, Beth, and Jackie had taken the liberty to sit next to me.

Amy smiled at me.

"Not eating?" she asked.

"Don't like beans. Or rock hard bread for that matter." I said.

"Hi." Someone said next to me and I turned shocked that someone had sneaked up on me. It was the guy from the other side of the fire.

"Hi." I said looking at him. He seemed so familiar. I didn't know how.

"Remember me?" he asked.

I was being put on the spot I didn't know this guy from Adam's house cat but he seemed so familiar. It was killing me.

"You look familiar." I said.

"How about now?" he asked me.

He pulled out a pair of thick rimmed glasses and put them on. A light bulb exploded from my head.

"Thighty Whitey Tyler!" I gasped.

"Hey that's not my name anymore." he said in a deep voice taking off the glasses.

"I'm sorry." I said trying to remember the old him. Compared to the new him he was a hottie. "How come I never saw you after eight grade?" I asked him.

"My parents split and I moved with my dad for a few years. I only come here during the summer to visit my mom and I come to camp here every year." he said.

"Wow you look great." I said feeling that my statement was an understatement.

"Thanks." he said and smiled.

"So what's up?" I asked him.

"Well, a couple friends and I were wondering if maybe if you wouldn't mind hanging with us at Cabin X." he said.

"Cabin X?" I asked.

He came closer and began to whisper.

"It's kind of a secret cabin where the real good snacks are hidden." he whispered.

"That's cool." I said.

"Can we come?" Amy asked.

They must've been eavesdropping.

"Uh well..." Tyler started.

"If you don't let us come will snitch." Jackie said and smiled sweetly.

He bit his bottom lip and then looked back at me.

"If they come does that mean you're coming?" he asked.

I wonder if he thought them as my friends.

"I guess, I mean if the snacks are any good." I said.

"Cool meet us behind cabin D at twelve a.m. okay, and don't tell a soul." he said.

"Got it." I said to him.

He smiled and then got up and walked back to his friends.

"Ooh this is so cool we're going to the secret cabin!" Amy cried.

"I know I wonder if there will be potato chips?" Jackie asked.

"You guys should be quiet he said we shouldn't tell a soul." I said.

"About what?" one girl asked behind me.

I turned around and closed my mouth. There standing behind me was a girl wearing an expensive pair of jeans and a tight baby blue tee shirt that read the words Baby Doll on her chest.

"Nothing." I said.

"Who are you anyway?" Amy asked.

"I'm Jessica, and is this about cabin X?" she asked.

"How do you know about it?" Beth asked.

"My mom sponsors this camp. I've been coming here since I was three and never saw a cabin X." she said putting her hand on her hips.

"And you never will." Amy said smirking.

"Hey if you know where it is then I'm going." Jessica said.

"You can't come with us." Jackie said.

Jessica looked at her. "If you don't let me come I'll tell the counselors that you're planning on leaving camp." she said.

"Don't do that." I said.

"When do we meet?" she asked and smirked putting both hands on her hips.

"We meet at... one a.m." Amy said.

"I thought it was twelve?" Beth asked.

All three of us glared at Beth with cold eyes. She shrunk down.

"Thanks I'll meet you guys there." she said and smiled.

"Just great." I said.

"Sorry." Beth said and looked down sheepishly.