My Life As Sienna Brown

Part 116

Anna's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night and rolled over on my back, only to disturb the peace, feeling Frank's arm wrap around my waist protectively.

"Feeling any better," I heard him manage to ask.

I nodded against his chest and got lost in the slow pattern of comforting heavy breaths and the quiet, slow beat of his heart before I knew he had stumbled asleep once more.

That was when I paid attention to the hunger I suddenly had and krept across the room on the weight of my tip-toes before I snuck down the stairs and to the freezer for ice cream and chocolate cookies. Taking spoonfulls from the container and mixign the sweet tast of orange with the almost bitter chocolate cookies.

And I went through almost half the container of ice cream before I decided I was done, in which case, I crawled back upstairs and crawled back under the warm covers.

***

The summer morning heat made it unbearable to sleep, sending sweat through your pores at uncomfortable rates. I goraned, burrying myself under more blankets, gathering them in bunches as Frank threw them off of him due to the heat. I laid in my sancuary and almost felt like giggling when I heard Frank groan and curse in frustration.

"God dammit- blast this stupid heat!"

"It's not that hot," I said from under my tent.

"How can you say that," he said, pulling the blankets from me. "And you're burried in blankets!"

"Because I'm not that hot! I'd rather be hot than awake."

He grinned. "Oh, you don't need to be awake to be hot."

"Frankie! Cut it out," I yelled as he hit me lightly with a pillow, breakig out in a fit of giggles.