Charisma

Twenty-two.

[Billie’s Point Of View]

I sat up quickly, panting and sweating. I looked around my dark room and fell back in relief. What the hell was I just dreaming?

I pushed my comforter off of me and let the cool breeze of my fan hit my body. After Charisma had calmed herself, she told me it’d be best if I went home since she was about to get into a fight with Maya. I told her to call me once it was over, but I must’ve fallen asleep in the process of waiting.

I leaned over toward my nightstand and felt around until I felt the familiarity of my phone. I sat up; throwing my legs over the side. I dialed an old, familiar number and listened to the ringing as I waited.

“Hello?”

“Hey.”

“What’s up, Beej? Are you aware of the time? Well, actually, I’m not surprised. Nothing stops you when you want something.” I knew what memory she was triggering and I smiled.

“Listen, I’ve had a rough night and need a fix. Can you hook me up?”

“Sure, where do you want to meet up?”

“The park?”

“See you then.” Dial tone.

As I stood up, I threw my phone behind me and grabbed my white Operation Ivy shirt from my floor. I put on a random pair of denim shorts and grabbed my wallet from my nightstand. I decided to leave my phone on my bed since I was going to be coming right back home.

~ ~ ~

I waited in my car while waiting for Melissa to arrive. The Clash were playing lightly through my speakers as I drummed along on my steering wheel.

Melissa knocking on my window caused me to jump and I turned my stereo off before opening my door.

“Jumpy, eh?” She laughed as I stepped out of the car.

“Shut up. I was practicing.”

“Oh, yeah? For what? To be the next great Topper Headon?” I smirked as I suddenly remembered Melissa loved The Clash.

“You know, Topper was who taught Charisma how to play the drums.”

“Yeah, like I believe that.” She rolled her eyes; laughing.

“It’s true. Joe Strummer is her dad.” She stopped laughing once she noticed that my face was serious.

“You don’t say? Now that I think about it…I knew she looked familiar!”

“Yeah, but anyway, you got my stuff?”

“Yeah, you got my money?” She smirked as I reached into my back pocket to grab my wallet.

“I wouldn’t act all sly. Charisma’s got it in for you.”

She stepped back. “Fuck, Beej! Why am I dealing with you then?”

I laughed. “Relax! I’m not going to let her know you dealt to me again.” I grabbed the brown paper bag from her hand and replaced it with the cash.

“So you have a coke addiction behind your girlfriends back? You’re a dumb ass, Armstrong.” I ignored her comment and looked into the bag.

“Want to snort this with me?” I looked up at her and she smiled.

“Sure. I have a mirror in my trunk.” I raised my eyebrows in surprise and she smiled mischievously.

“A mirror?”

“Yeah, man! What’s better to snort cocaine off than a fucking mirror?”

I laughed as I slammed my door shut and began walking with her toward her car.

* * *

[Charisma’s Point Of View]

My phone ringing caused me to wake up the next morning. I rolled over onto my side; noticing my back was sore and my head was pounding. I reached underneath my pillow and slowly revealed my ringing phone. I flipped it open and brought it to my ear.

“Hello?” My voice was weak, and it hurt to speak.

“Charisma, is that you?” Mike’s voice filled my ears.

“Yeah, I was asleep. What’s up, Mike?”

“You were asleep? It’s eight at night! Are you alright?” I looked at the clock on my nightstand, and to my surprise, it was indeed eight o’clock. What did Maya do to me?

“Yeah, I’m alright.”

“Oh, well that’s good. Do you think you could get over to Gilman’s?”

I sat up and tried my best to ignore my sore body. “What’s going on?”

“Well, Billie--”

“Billie? Is he okay?”

“I can’t really talk, Charisma. I’m sorry. Just get over here as soon as possible, alright?”

“I’ll be there as soon as I can. Bye, Mike.”

“Bye.”

I hit the end button and threw my phone at my wall. Since when did my life become complicated?

"Bollocks." I muttered as I slowly got out of bed and walked over to my mirror. My bottom lip was busted and dried blood covered the cut. I had a bruise forming on my forehead and I lifted up my shirt to look at the bruise forming on my side.

When Maya and I fight, we dig into past experiences to throw at each other and last night I had her worked up to the point where she literally pounced on me and knocked me into my door handle, and glass, as I fell. It was different then falling backward off Billie's bed, I can say that much.

I cleaned myself up the best I could, and dressed in Jesse's shirt with a different pair of tights as I grabbed my leather jacket and car keys. My hair was pulled back in a high, messy ponytail and I wasn't wearing any makeup. I didn't have time worry about my appearance; I needed to get to my boyfriend.

~ ~ ~

My mind was reeling with possibilities as I pulled into the Gilman parking lot. I pulled my keys out of the ignition and shoved my door open. I shoved it shut with force as I begun to walk faster with each step I took. I rounded the corner and fished out a five dollar bill from my pocket to hand to the bouncer.

"Whoa, slow down little lady." A kid leaning against the wall called out to me.

"Sod off." I hissed; handing the bouncer the money and shoving the door open.

My ears were filled with music as I looked around the club. I finally spotted Tre standing at the counter and began making my way through the crowd.

"Tre!" I yelled; startling him.

"Charisma? What are you doing here?" The bartender handed him two water bottles and Tre smiled.

"Mike called. Where is Billie?" Tre turned to me and studied my bruised face.

"What happened to you?"

I sighed. "Doesn't matter. Where is my boyfriend?"

"Charisma, I think you should let us handle this." He smiled sympathetically and began walking away from me.

"Tre! Just tell me, where is Billie?" We stared at each other until he pointed behind me. I turned and looked through the crowd until I finally saw Mike pouring water on a topless body.

"Oh, my god." I whispered; pushing my way through the crowd.

I pushed myself passed the last person and ran to Mike's side. He seemed surprised to see my busted face, and smiled weakly.

"I'm glad you're here." I nodded once as I stared in shock at Billie Joe.

He was lying on his back, sweaty and his eyes seemed to have to fight to stay open. He was muttered quietly to himself as he looked around at the different people.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I heard a voice yell. I looked up and saw Melissa standing with her arms crossed.

"Why do you think I'm here?"

"This doesn't concern you!"

I laughed. "Of course it does! He's my fucking boyfriend," I turned to Mike. "What's he on?"

"He snorted some cocaine, and he should be coming down soon. But he's always smoked a blunt and drank a bit."

I stood back up straight and looked slowly at Melissa. "Cocaine?"

"He asked, I dealt." Melissa shrugged.

"Don't fucking deal my boyfriend that shit," I hissed; shoving Melissa backward. "Or I swear I will fucking end you." I threatened through clenched teeth as I stared her down.

"I'm not scared of you." She put her hands on her hips and I laughed.

"I would be." I took a step closer to Melissa and she jumped.

"Charisma!" Billie yelled; stealing my attention.

"Baby." I knelt down by his side and ran my finger through his damp hair; pushing them out of his face.

"What happened to you?" He whispered; running his thumb lightly over my lip.

"Maya and I got a bit physical." I grabbed his hand that was grazing my face and brought my lips down lightly.

"Are you angry with me?" He whimpered, causing my eyes to tear up.

"No, of course not, baby. I was never mad at you." I kissed his hand again and he smiled.

"You look beautiful, baby girl." I smiled and looked up at Mike through watery eyes.

"I'm going to take him home. I can keep an eye on him all night."

Mike smiled. "I think that's a good idea. Are you sure you can handle him alone?"

"I'm sure. I'll call you if I need anything, though, okay?"

"Alright, but at least let me help you take him to your car."

Mike knelt down on Billie's other side and the three of us slowly stood up and I held Billie's waist securely as Mike situated himself. Melissa bent down and picked up his shirt, handing it to Mike. Her eyes caught mine and she pursed her lips.

"My threat still stands. Stay away from Billie." I warned; slowly walking toward the door with Billie and Mike.

After we got Billie safely in the reclined passenger seat, he shut the door and turned to me.

"You're doing a great thing, I know Billie will be grateful in the morning."

I smiled; looking through the window. "Yeah, well, what can I say? I love that damn boy."

"He has the day off tomorrow, I advise you two just to spend the day together. Reconnect. You two are so great for each other, I want to see you happy again."

"I am happy. Thanks, Mike." I extended my arms for a hug and Mike smiled.

"Yeah, what the hell! Come here!" He closed the space between us and I realized I loved Mike like a brother.

I pulled away from Mike and we walked to my side of the car.

"I'll call you tomorrow to let you know how everything went."

He nodded. "Be careful."

I opened my door; climbing in and smiling at Billie.
♠ ♠ ♠
D: