Status: Three shots; completed.

Nothing Can Change the Fact

You're So Wonderful

I was sitting on his bed with my knees pulled close to my chest, and I had my arms on top of it as I was staring into his bedcover. Not long, the door creaked open and Chris walked in. His face seemed surprised when he saw me in his room, but after seeing that I looked upset, he immediately threw his bag to the floor and sat next to me.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he gave me a concerned look.

“You were right,” I told him.

“What about?”

I stopped in my track when Ethan walked out of English Literature with his arm around a girl’s waist. Felt like I got hit by a car when I saw him kissing that girl.

I didn’t wait for anything; not for him to see me, not for the girl to go. I walked to him casually and patted his back. He turned around and boy he was surprised to see me as if he was surprised to see his mother naked.

“Gemma this isn’t what you think—,“ he tried to explain.

But I cut him off, “I’ve seen enough.” And I slapped him hard across his face. I swear I left a pink mark on his cheek. “We’re totally over. Just because I’m a year younger, doesn’t mean you can toy me.”

I turned my heels and walked away, not caring for the looks that the other kids gave me when they saw that THE-Ethan-Horizon-got-ditched-by-a-junior, which was a total public humiliation for him.

Man, 2 weeks of dating and it ended by a snap.


“I told you so,” Chris said.

“Not helping,” I sniffed.

He pulled me close and hugged me tight. “I’m not going to apologize for that. You’ll find a guy that is way better than him. I repeat, WAY better.”

“Thanks.” I smiled a little.

“How dare him hurting a girl as gorgeous as you.”

“Was that another lyric you wrote?” I giggled.

“It’s not,” he chuckled. “I’m sorry,” he breathed into my hair.

“What for?”

“For kissing you in the car. Best friends don’t kiss each other, but I just can’t help it. I think… I’m in love with you.”

I didn’t say anything. We remained silent after that, just sitting on his bed in his embrace. Trust me, he gave one of the most amazing hugs ever. I just felt so comfortable whenever he hugged me.

I wasn’t going to run away again.

“Chris,” I spoke up.

“Hm?”

“I don’t have the same feeling to you.” I felt his grip loosened. “Yet.”

He pulled away a little, only to see my eyes. Trying to read what I meant through them.

“Maybe it’s not the time yet. You know I always love you, but not like what you’re feeling. Maybe someday I’ll feel the same way… Until then, would you wait?”

He smiled, which then turned into a big grin. He hugged me tightly. “Thank you.”

I smiled and returned the hug.

Being in love needs time.

Until then, let’s just stay like what we are. Being really tight best friends, and be there for each other.

Because I love us this way right now.

No more awkward moments.

Promise.

“Movie marathon?” he offered.

“Famous Amos cookies?”

He shrugged. “Anything you want.”

“Then you know the answer,” I grinned.

He replied my grin and ran downstairs to get the snacks while I went to the TV spot in his room and picked out a few movies.
♠ ♠ ♠
One day you'll get me head over heels.

:)