Status: On haitus, because the stupid writer got stupid writers block.

Year 2085

Chapter One

I walked down the deserted streets of New York City, year 2085. While there were cool ways to transport from place to place the music store was only down the road, and I liked the feel of old time travel, as it was a lot less lazy than new travel techniques. My eyes lit up as I reached the door of the Music shop, my favorite place in the world. Music shops were a bit different now, but scanning songs into your brain was not an available option yet, this is real life not a science fiction novel from the 1900’s. The music shop was filled with computers though, you brought your music device and streamed music into your music player, then it gave you a receipt and you paid for it at the counter. It was like a cross between the record, cassette, and CD stores of the late 1900s/early 2000s, and the Digital download era of the later early 2000s. It was for the people like me, who wanted digital downloading, but liked the feel of old time things.

I walked inside the shop, it smelt of cigarette smoke and air freshener, a smell I had grown accustomed to. I waved to the manager and headed straight for the computers. I pulled out my Stream Player, it’s kind of ironic the name, it’s actually called Stream, and it streams. I went to the computer and touched the rock button on the screen. I pressed random, because I wasn’t quite sure what I wanted album wise for a new thing to put on my Stream. On the screen an album with cover art so simple but so gorgeous popped up. It was by a band called My Chemical Romance, and the title of the album was called “Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge”, I immediately streamed the music to my stream, printed a receipt and went up to the counter to pay.

“Three Cheers, huh?” asked the manager, Blake.

“Yeah, know ‘em?” I asked.

“They’re dead now, but my mom used to tell me all these stories about how cool they were. I listened to them, they seemed rad,” He returned.

There were a few words exchanged after that, mainly though just a thanks for ringing my items up, and him saying a polite “you’re welcome”

I walked back home slowly, I would have put my ear phones in, but it was against the law for people who still like to walk to wear ear buds while walking. They said it was distracting, and it would be in better health for the walker, and the people who used the streets to drive if pedestrians didn’t have ear buds in. So I waited until I got home.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's just a first introduction part to a new story idea I got. I've been a horrible writer's block for a very long time. So hopefully this clears that up.