Status: On haitus, because the stupid writer got stupid writers block.

Year 2085

Chapter Two

As I walked in the door of the house, the hourly train flashed by in a silent dash. I’m glad they learned how to silence them, because my mom always told me stories of how they were loud. I walked into my horrible apartment. At 18 I was in such a hurry to get out and explore the world on my own, even if that meant living in a crappy apartment until I was able to graduate College. I had enough food, money to spend on music, I could deal.

I plugged in my ear phones as soon as I opened the door. There was a spark in my ears as I listened to the music. I couldn’t explain it, I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to. All that I knew was this was going to become a band I was going to love.

I sat in my desk chair, trying to focus on reading my English Comp assignment, but being so distracted that I wasn’t able to. I sat down the assignment for a while and stuck my eyes to the daily paper.

“Hmm…the time travel station is looking for beta testers, sounds completely expensive,” I said going through the daily news, “The college is putting on another mediocre play. And Amy should really get to work before she fails the assignment for English Comp.”

I went back to work, trying to focus, but being drawn back to the music I was listening to. I have to find out more about them. I took out my stream and made it search up the band.

“Started in 2001…After 9/11…lasted a long time…had one major line-up change, in drummers in 2004, after Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge…put out a lot of albums…which means I have to go to the store and purchase them all!” I said aloud, “But not right now, English calls, and I should really stop talking to myself like this.”

In my mind I knew I had to go back to the music store. I had only known of this band for maybe twenty minutes, but as stupid as it sounds I felt a connection. I left the English work behind, saying to myself I’d eventually finish it later. I took the ear buds out, put the player in my hoodie pocket and walked out the door.

“Back so soon?” Blake asked, putting out his finished cigarette.

“Yep,” I said, I automatically went toward the computer section.

“You just bought music, here to buy more?” Blake asked, as he was aware of usual music buying schedule.

I rolled my eyes, slightly agitated.

“Yep,” I went back to finding a few more My Chemical Romance albums, but I have a one track mind, so I find it really hard to talk and find things at the same time.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because,” I replied, returning my attention back to the downloading albums. I had chosen a few of them and they were all in queue waiting to be downloaded to my Stream.

He sighed, “Look,” I reply again, “I don’t mean to be ugly, but I can’t think straight right now. I know this isn’t my normal way of buying music, but I wanted to buy a few more of My Chemical Romance’s music. I don’t know what it is, I just like the music. It sounds stupid as I haven’t even heard them for an hour, hell I haven’t even heard them for 20 minutes, but I know I want to listen to more.”

I finished downloading in silence, and when I was done I printed the receipt and went to the register to pay it off.

“So you like My Chemical Romance?” Blake asked.

“Totally,” I said.

“Well I have a proposition,” he started.

“Go on,” I told him.

“Well a bunch of me and my friends are going to try out that new time travel service they have, and see if we can go back and visit them at a concert of theirs,” he said, “You want to go with?”

“Nah,” I replied quickly, “I mean, I’ve barely known them, what if in the end I don’t like them. Maybe another time though, when I know a little more about them.”

I paid for the music, and I quickly rushed back home to listen to the music that would soon change my life forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two! Finally! Sorry it took so long, I couldn't really decide on what I wanted to write in the second chapter. Though she won't be going on this time travel adventure, she will be soon.
Probably a ton of mistakes in here, but I hope you like it anyhow.