Sequel: Have Faith In Me
Status: Sequel is up.Have Faith In Me

How Quickly I Forget; That This Is Beating Less

Give Me Your Heart

I wrapped my legs tightly around Max's waist as he carried me to the stage where he would be performing in a few minutes. Leaning my head on his shoulder, I sighed. Max noticed and turned his head, his eyes boring into mine before he spoke.

"What's wrong?" He frowned and I smiled lightly.

"Just tired. That show just exhausted me for some reason."

"You sure?" I groaned. Max stopped when we arrived backstage.

"Yes Maxwell, I am positive." I kissed his cheek quickly, before sliding down his back. "You better do good or I'll break up with you," I jokingly threatened. Max pretended he was hurt and wiped at his eyes. He was about to say something but Craig came running in between us screaming.

"JULE! JULIE!" He paused in front of me, his eyes wide with excitement.

"CRAIG CRAIG!" I grinned.

"GUESS WHAT!" I groaned.

"What Craig?"

"I LOVE YOU!" Then he ran away again, laughing. A stage hand scurried over to us, blushing slightly.

"Escape the Fate you're on." She left just as quickly, leaving Max and I by ourselves, Craig, Bryan, and Robert already heading out to the stage. Max gripped my hand and dragged me with him.

"HEY FUCKERS!" Cheers erupted through the crowd as soon as Craig stepped out but when he spoke it was insanity. "WE ARE ESCAPE THE FATE! Hopefully you knew that," he joked horribly.

"Max what are you doing?" Max still held my hand in his as he moved quickly to the stage. "Max I can't go out there with you."

"Of course you can. You're Julie. First, you're a singer. You've already played and everyone in the world knows you," he teased, but turned serious. "Plus, I can bring you because Craig doesn't care." I dug my heels into the wood of the stage flooring. He was on the stage, but I was still in the shadows on the side. I shook my head vehemently.

Max sighed, and let go of my hand, running to Craig and whispering something into his ear. They both turned, looking at me and smiling. Craig nodded and they made their way towards me. I backed up slowly. Who knows what those two were up to? Max ran over and grabbed me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, letting out a breath of air. I didn't think he was coming over for that. Suddenly I was being lifted off the ground and Craig grabbed my feet.

"No!" I squealed. "Max put me down you motherfucker! Craig!" I looked towards Bryan and Rob who were cracking up. The guys made their way over to the left side of the stage where Max finally let go of me, accidentally dropping me. I put my hands over my head before I hit the ground.

"Oh shit!" Max kneeled down by me, a concerned looking crossing his face. "Craig you were supposed to put her feet down first."

"Sorry Jule."

"It's fine Craig." I stood up and brushed myself off. I looked at the crowd once, and realized just how embarrassing that was. "Fuck," I muttered and started to walk to the side but Max wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me back. I was mortified; hopefully no one would recognize me.

"Guys this is Julie. Julie from LOVENEVERLIES!" he screamed the last part and the crowd went wild. "SHE'S GONNA SING A SONG WITH ME. WHAT SONG DO YOU WANNA HEAR HER SING? FIRST SCREAM FOR SITUATIONS!" The silence was filled with screams. "SCREAM FOR SMOOTH!" This time the silence was filled with a deafening roar of screams. "Looks like we're singing Smooth Jules." A stage hand ran out, brandishing my mic. Was this all planned out or something? I would have to ask Max about it later. I looked at him and he grinned and gave me a thumbs-up.

"Man, it's a hot one
Like seven inches from the midday sun
Well, I hear you whispering in the words, to melt everyone
But you stay so cool
My muñequita, my Spanish Harlem, Mona Lisa
You're my reason for reason
The step in my groove," Craig sang, and turned to me, striding over and holding my hand up above my head.

"And if you said this life ain't good enough
I would give my world to lift you up
I could change my life to better suit your mood
'Cause you're so smooth," we sang together, but I had a feeling it would be just me next.

"And it's just like the ocean under the moon
Oh, it's the same as the emotion that I get from you
You got the kind of lovin' that can be so smooth, yeah
Give me your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it." The crowd went wild after I finished.

"But I'll tell you one thing
If you would leave it would be a crying shame
In every breath and every word
I hear your name calling me out
Out from the barrio
You hear my rhythm on your radio
You feel the turning of the world, so soft and slow
Turning you round... and round."

"And if you said this life ain't good enough
I would give my world to lift you up
I could change my life to better suit your mood
'Cause you're so smooth." Max walked up to me and interrupted me during our duet, kissing me full on the lips. I smiled when he pulled away.

"And it's just like the ocean under the moon
Oh, it's the same as the emotion that I get from you
You got the kind of lovin' that can be so smooth, yeah
Give me your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it," I sang by myself for the final time. Craig danced with me, spinning and twirling me around the stage.

And it's just like the ocean under the moon
Oh, it's the same as the emotion that I get from you
You got the kind of lovin' that can be so smooth, yeah
Give me your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it.
Or else forget about it
Or else forget about it
Let's don't forget about it
Give me your heart, make it real
Let's don't forget about it
Let's don't forget about it
Let's don't forget about it
Let's don't forget about it
Let's don't forget about it!
Give me your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it," we finished the chorus together. I grinned at Craig and wrapped him in a hug.

"GIVE IT UP FOR JULIE. MARIE. WESTON!" Max strummed a few chords on his bass and came over to me, kissing me again. People in the crowd cheered and wolf-whistled.

"Stay and watch from the side?" He gave me his puppy-dog eyes and I complied, giving my mic to a stage hand as I left. I grabbed a water from someone and thanked them.

"No problem. You did great." Wait a second. I recognized that voice. Mike Russell.

"What do you want Mike?" I frowned, and crossed my arms across my chest angrily.

"I just want to talk with you sweetie."

"Don't call me that," I snapped back. Mike stepped close to me and leaned down. His face was just inches away and I breathed in his familiar scent.

"Julie I miss you so much. Can't you see that?"

"No not really." I put my hand against his chest to push him away, but he held them there and let me feel his heart beat.

"I have a heart Jule. I'm not a horrible monster."

"To me you are." He frowned.

"I hoped you would be happy to see me."

"I'm not." Mike still hadn't let me go and I could see Max sending me worried glances every now and then. I returned them with reassuring smiles.

"I wanted to tell you something, but-" Mike looked down at his shoes shyly.

"Spit it out Mike. I have a show I want to watch." I turned and blew a kiss to Max and his face lit up.

"I think I love you Julie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Please please please give me feedback?!
I have no idea what you guys think about this and it's really worrying me.
Also, point out any errors if you decide you feel like commenting.
It'd mean a lot to me.
Craig
^ What's up with his tooth on the left side?
Max
Craig