Status: Complete

Perfect Denial

Right Now You're the Only Reason

Bill sat dejectedly on the edge of the soft green couch in the living room of his childhood home. It was warm and comforting, the same smells he remembered from when he was young still lingering in the same rooms he had occupied for hours on end when he was young. This house held lots of memories, and it was good to be home.

The bright lights of the Christmas Tree twinkled merrily from the corner of the room
and the sound of the television was a low buzz. He could hear the deep laughter of Tom in the kitchen as he talked to Gordon. Bill smiled slightly as Simone wandered into the room.

She sat down beside Bill, her hands wrapped around a steaming mug of tea. She folded her long legs underneath her body and allowed her youngest son to lean his slight body in comfort onto her shoulder. She stroked the hair back from his face, her soft brown eyes resting on his troubled features. Bill sighed and Simone’s lips curled in a very slight smile.

“Tell me about Dana baby…”

Bill looked at in surprise and Simone needed no words to know what he was saying. She smiled “Tom told me…but I want to hear it from you…what’s she like?”

Bill settled his head back onto his mother’s shoulder, breathing in her comforting scent and relaxing “She’s….amazing” he murmured and he felt Simone’s shoulder move in a silent laugh “She’s beautiful, long auburn hair…sparkling blue eyes, she’s kind and decent. She has a smile for everybody she meets and I don’t think I’ve ever seen her unkind to anybody. She’s absolutely wonderful mama…”

Simone looked down at her son, noticing how his eyes came alight with a tender expression when he talked about Dana, how he smiled when he said her name…

“You love her baby?”

Bill gazed at his mother, noticing the still form of Tom in the corner of the room, listening to the conversation. He already knew Bill’s answer.

Bill nodded “Very much so mama…I love her more than I can describe but…”

Simone raised her eyebrows “But what Bill?”

Bill’s shoulders slumped and he looked at Tom “I hurt her too bad Mama, I don’t think she’ll ever trust me again. But I want her in my life…so badly. I just don’t know how to prove how much she means to me. I love her…”

Simone frowned and poked Bill in the shoulder “There’s no point sitting here and moaning. What are you waiting for? It’s Christmas…go to her baby…and make her yours?”

~PxD~

“Snap!” Dana laughed as Cody’s younger sister Ruby threw her hands down onto the pile of cards on the small space between them. She held her hands up in surrender

“I give up Ruby…you’re too good at this game”

Ruby cackled with laughter, her short brown hair swinging in front of her face and Dana smiled, her heart filling with a kind love for the simple girl. She was spending Christmas in Hamburg with Cody and his family and had been delighted when minutes after stepping into the house, had been enveloped into a tight hug by Ruby. Ruby was eighteen and suffered from a mental disability, Down’s Syndrome…she had always connected closely with Dana and Dana was glad to see that connection had never been broken.

“Do you think Santa will come Danie?” Ruby’s sweet voice interrupted Dana’s thoughts and Dana turned her eyes to the girl and nodded;

“Of course Rubes, you’ve been such a good girl, as always…what are you hoping to get?”

Ruby smiled widely, her eyes brightening at the prospect of gifts. She launched into a tale of colouring books, barbies and a Nintendo DS. Dana smiled and nodded,

“What do you want Danie?”

Dana’s smile faded a little as she looked out the window. There was only one thing she wanted…but she had high doubts that could ever happen again…though it seemed that maybe, there was hope lately. Absentmindly, she raised her hands to trace the healing wounds on her face. She could feel his gentle touch on her face, his soft voice comforting her…

“Dana?”

Dana turned to Cody who had appeared in the doorway “Yes?”

“You…have a visitor.”

Cody squeezed her shoulder as Dana walked past him and she wondered who on earth would visit her. She entered the kitchen, and stopped in surprise at the figure standing in the bright light “Bill! What…what are you doing here?”

Bill smiled “Hi Dana…”

Dana couldn’t help but smile back “This is a surprise”

Bill shrugged “Can we go outside?”

Dana nodded, grabbing her jacket and scarf from where they hung on a nearby chair. She walked out to the back garden, the snow crunching under her boots loudly. Dana loved the sound of snow under her feet…it always felt like a moment where there was nobody else in the world but you. She closed her eyes for a millisecond and then looked at Bill…

He smiled “I…wanted to give you a present…your Christmas present I suppose…”

Dana frowned and nodded “Okay…”

He reached inside the jumper he was wearing and she heard the snap as he broke the chain she was wearing. She watched as he opened her hand and carefully placed an object in the middle of her palm. The metal of the ring was still warm from where it had rested above his heart…

Dana gasped as the purple diamond glittered in the pale sunlight “My…my ring. I thought I’d lost it!”

She looked at Bill in disbelief as he shook his head “You didn’t lose it…you left it the hotel…that day when…when well, you know what happened. I kept it…I know how much it meant to you. I’ve been wearing it ever since”

Dana’s eyes filled with tears “Thank you Bill…”

“I don’t know why I kept it so long. Why I didn’t give it back sooner…but I suppose I just…I wanted to keep a part of you with me a bit longer. When I wore it, I felt like somehow you were there…you know?”

Dana’s vision was blurry and she said nothing. Bill looked like he was about to say more but closed his mouth and retreated slowly “Maybe I better going…Merry Christmas Dana”

He turned to leave but Dana’s hand shot out, grabbing his hand in hers and pulled him back. She stepped closer to his body and then pressed her lips fiercely against his lips. She pulled away and rested her forehead against his, closing her eyes
“Haven’t you realised Bill? My heart is with you…you have it and it will never ever leave you…I love you Bill Kaulitz”

Bill blinked in surprise and pressed his lips against hers in another tender, longer kiss. His hands rested on either side of her face, stroking the skin softly
“I love you too Dana…”

They kissed in the middle of a snow covered garden, and for that moment it felt like they were the only two people in their own perfect world. They finally broke apart large smiles on their face when a loud chanting belonging to Cody and Ruby reached their ears

“Bill and Dana up a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
So what you guys think of the new layout???
Please comment!I only got one comment from the last update!One!
I'd even be happy with two :(??