My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(26) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

It had been about two weeks since Jacob and I have been going out. Blaire was excited for me of course, and since Adam asked her out last week- she of course wanted to double date. But we had yet to do that. Bridgette and her friends constantly kept trying to ruin my life. But she would always try to end up as the victim so Jacob would feel sorry for her. It pissed me off. Really, just accept that he doesn’t like blonde bimbo’s. It’s easy see. BRIDGETTE: Blonde Bimbo. ACCEPTANCE LEVEL: 100%

Easy Peasy.

Now. On to the Max subject, Max and I haven’t really been getting along. I mean, ever since he went back home, he takes his car to school. Jacob refuses to let me ride the bus where Cody might be. So he drives me to school everyday now. I like it though. We turn up our new favorite song and scream it all the way there. We end up laughing to death, because we both sing completely off key. Anyways, Max doesn’t talk to me much in class. He just keeps it to friendly hello’s and how are you’s. You know the type of conversations people start when they feel awkward. Not something my best friend would say. But that was it, Max didn’t feel like my best friend anymore, and in a way… it makes me sad. He meant a lot to me. I never see him anymore, and I miss him.

Well, technically… I never leave Jacob’s side when we’re in Theater, History or just walking in the hallways. I don’t mind though, because we always find ways to enjoy the time we have. I joke around with him and laugh freely. As if he were always apart of my life. It’s weird to think I only met him a few weeks ago, when it really feels like my soul new he was the one before I was even born. Not to go all hallmark on you guys, but that’s literally how it feels.

That same indescribable, indestructible feeling…

“Toby!!!!” Jacob whined on the phone.

“HUH!?” I came back into reality.

“Did I space again?” I asked, feeling a tad embarrassed.

“Not really, it was just the one hundredth time.” He joked back sarcastically.

“Sorry your highness, I didn’t know that thinking about you was illegal.” I teased.

“OH! No… if you’re thinking about me then that’s fine. Go ahead. Dream away.”

I laughed into the receiver. “Too late, you ruined my mellow.”

“Damn.”

“Anyways, before you spaced I was going to ask you if you wanted to accompany me out to dinner…”

That actually sounded good. I had been having leftovers recently.

“I would gladly be your company.” I replied.

“Good. Pick you up around 6:30 then?” He asked.

“That’d be great Jake.” Oh yea. Another thing, I called him Jake a lot more recently. In fact, I think I rarely call him Jacob.

“Oh. It’s fancy, so look beautiful… wait, what am I saying? Just be yourself.” I blushed somewhat close to the color of the Earth’s magma.

“Ha. Ha. Fine. I’ll actually try to look nice. How about that?”

“WHAT!” He argued.

“Unacceptable. We’ll go in jeans and T-shirts, because quiet frankly… you look great in that, and other people’s opinions don’t matter right? Just mine?”

Mhm… that was actually true. Other people’s opinions didn’t matter, as long as Jake liked me, I felt no need to please anyone else.

“Yeah. Just yours.” I smiled.

“So… if I asked you to meet my parents, you wouldn’t freak on me?”

My breathing halted. Like I had been driving smoothly, and a flying tree had landed right in front of me and I had to slam on breaks.

“New boyfriend who thinks I’m beautiful… says what now?” I asked, disbelieving. His PARENTS. Was he crazy? One look at me, and I’d be thrown into the blender with the other unacceptable girlfriends.

“Well, dinner’s at my house are usually awkward. So instead of me making normal conversation, I just go on and on about you Tobbes. All I can seem to do is brag about how great you are.” Forget magma, my face must be melting by now.

“Fine. But in that case I’m dressing up.” I said, in the tone that screams ‘agree or die’.

“Fine, fine. But just know you never have to be anything but yourself for me to care about you, ok?” Jake reassured.

“Ok Jake. But I’ve got homework. So call me when you’re about to leave your house.”

“Will do, and call if you need help with any homework.”

“Yes mom.” I teased.

“Bye Princess.” He still hadn’t dropped that nickname.

“Bye Knight.” Oh yea, that reminds me. I call him knight now. For some reason, I came to conclusion one day, that it would drive him crazy if I didn’t call him a prince, because to everyone else that’s probably what he would have been like. So I left the nickname to Knight. When I really want to make an impression, I call him My Knight and shining tinfoil. It drives him crazy. But truthfully he’s much more than a Knight or Prince to me. I don’t even know a word that would measure up to his place in my life.

Of course, my mom would always be right there. Because she always meant the most to me, even though Jacob was a few paces behind- weird I know I’ve only known him for a few weeks. But it’s one of those things you can contemplate and yell at me for falling so hard, but it’s completely different to be the one scolding me, and be the one who IS me. If any of you could feel the way I do, you wouldn’t disapprove.

The hours ticked by unaccounted for and I ran like a squealing pig at the state fair to the showers. It was already 5:10.

Why does Toby need an hour to get ready? You may ask.

But I’ll just reply. HAVE YOU BEEN READING THIS THING AT ALL!? My hair’s a purebred poodle when the hair dryer is set to it. Don’t mistake it for something I can comb through. It takes forty minutes to brush it, and straighten it.

Finally, I grabbed a nice slim blue dress that connected over one shoulder. And to answer your unspoken question: Yes. Jake did make me go shopping with him and he bought me dresses, even if I didn’t want them. He was going to buy out the whole store if I didn’t protest and point out certain dresses that caught my eye.

Stupid Boys.

(http://www.splendicity.com/snarkstress/files/2008/08/splash-selena-gomez.jpg) --Dress.

So I finally just combed out my hair, straightened it as much as I could because it was already 6:15 (it took me a while to figure out with shoulder the strap went on. My bad). I then just sprayed hairspray on it, and pinned it back into a low ponytail (**how it looks in the picture above). Then before I knew it. My phone went off with Jacob and I’s song. It’s the new Mayday Parade song we scream everyday on the way to school.

“Secret love, I escape. Take me far, far away.
Secret love, are you there? Will you answer my prayer?
Please take me anywhere but here.”

(** They just released it. Go check it out. It’s amazing XD alright sorry- the story)

I struggled with my white heels as I leaped across the bed when it went off for the last time.

“Hello?” I asked Jake.

-Nothing.

“Jake?” I asked again.

“You look beautiful tonight, love.” My stomach fell to my feet.

“C-Cody?” I asked disbelieving.

“You will be mine soon. You will see that Jacob Naughtingham and you, will be no more.” He said as the line clicked. I slowly felt my breathing come back to me. I felt dizzy and a little scared as I re-entered the bathroom.

What had he meant by: ‘You will see’? What was he planning?

I grabbed the eyeliner. I applied it across my top and bottom lid. Then I quickly used foundation to make my face color look even. I then smoothed it till it was thinly covering my face, curled and covered my eyelashes with mascara (the right way, since Blaire had shown me how do to it at our last sleepover.)

Then I applied some quick clear lip-gloss when that same ring tone went off. I checked the caller ID this time, and sure enough it was my Knight.

“Hey baby.” I said, smoothing out my dress.

“Hey. I’m about to leave the house, are you ready?” He asked.

“I am” I smiled.

“Good. I’m excited to see you.” He admitted as I heard the car door open and close.

“Me too. See you in a bit, bye.” I said as I hung up. I debated. Should I tell Jake about the phone call from Cody?

No. I probably shouldn’t, it was useless on his part. Nothing would tear Jacob and I apart. I think…

I heard his music blast from the street. My heart sped up immediately. I quickly looked myself over in the mirror before grabbing my purse. (Yea, all that was in there was lip-gloss and chewing gum.)

Then as I descended the stairs, I heard the engine shut off. I opened the door to see Jake about to knock on it.

“Whoa. Perfect timing.” He smiled down at me with that smile that made my stomach boil thousands and thousands of degrees.

He had on the same white button up shirt he wore when he asked me out- except without the rain soaking it to death. With nice kaki pants, and his hair looked evenly brushed and smooth. I had a sudden urge to run my fingers through it. But refrained.

“You look… amazing like always.” He complimented, scanning me up and down with his eyes as I twirled for him. Once I faced him again he frowned.

“Turn around once more?” He teased, smirking. I hit him playfully.

“Eww!” I scolded.

“What? I’m your boyfriend.” He defended. Well… he kind of had a point. If anyone were to look there, it would be him.

“ANYWAYS. You don’t look so bad either.” I smirked this time. He rolled his eyes.

“I’m glad I could please ‘your-highness’”

I laughed. “Yep. She’s very pleased with her Knight.” I stuck my tongue out as I made my way to Jake’s car.

He politely opened the door for me.

“Thanks.” I said, as I waited for him to get in the passenger’s seat. I don’t think I could have been any happier at the moment. Being with Jake was the best present someone could give me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love it when i see all of you that comment, subscribe or even read. it means so much.

THANKS. i will try to update again today. No promises. Mom wants me to do chores. but i will try.

I will add the new mayday parade song as soon as possible to the playlist. until then, go check out their myspace. thanks guys!

-Haley.