My Knight in Shining...Ah, Screw It. He's an Egotistical Asshole.

(27) My Knight and Shining...ah, screw it. He's a

I appreciate all your comments sooo much! If you want to strike a conversation, comment me on my page! I WILL comment back! =]

thanks to all my loyal readers! I love you guysss! =DD

alright, just like I told everyone on QUIZILLA, I apologize in advance if the next few chapters are boring to you, but they are needed for the end of the story. & Cody's and the unknown person's plan is about to unfold!! DUN DUN DUN! ALRIGHT THANKS -Haley.

*********

The car ride was full of Jake making fun of the way I started hyperventilating when I don’t have a smart-ass comeback to say. Then I made fun of the way his eyes always give him away. I told him he was so easy to read, that I could be a dyslexic child in a wordless Disney World.

He just rolled his eyes and laughed at my complete and total randomness.

Then he countered with the fact that I never knew how much he truly cared about me. I blushed a bright red as he genuinely smiled at me, and grabbed my hand that was lying on the armrest with his own.

“I hope you know now though.” He spoke.

I turned from my stance of staring out of the passenger window, and looked him straight in his eyes. They read that emotion. The one I’ve described so many times, but couldn’t figure out. But it was a wild; devouring emotion that was so strong it would paralyze me at times.

“I do now.” I said, trying not to smile and keep serious for once, but when around him, that goal was hopeless.

We arrived at the restaurant. It was one I’ve never seen before. Although I have only been in this town for a month… it made me realize how I really do need to get out more.

Like the gentleman Jake is, he opened my door for me. Soon he gave his name to the waiter at the front entrance. The restaurant was crowded and romantically lit with candlelight.

“Wow. This place is… wow.” I repeated. Jacob chuckled as he seated me, again like the gentleman he is.

“Really? I was worried you wouldn’t like it.”

“Why’s that?”

“You want the corny version or realistic?” He countered.

“Both.”

“Both?”

“Yes. Both, can I not have both?” I fake-frowned. He just shook his head at me and grinned wildly.

“Fine. One- nothing I ever do feels good enough for you, and two- I thought you didn’t like the fancy scene.”

I laughed at both of his answers.

“One- that is a lie. Everything you do pleases me in it’s own way, and two- I like any scene as long as your in it.” I smiled playfully, also adding in my fair share of corny comments. Corny or not, the insects flying around in my stomach after what he had said were too hard to ignore, he had me helplessly wrapped around his finger.

Then the strangest thing happened. I think I saw Jake… blush?

Before I could make fun of him our waiter approached us. I started off with asking for a plain coke (I personally think Diet’s are disgusting). Jake ordered the same thing.

“You’re a Coke drinker as well?” He asked, noticing the similarity. I know what you’re thinking.

You don’t know what your boyfriend’s favorite drink is?

But honestly I know almost everything about him –except for that.

“I am. I am.” I admitted.

“My mom tried to get me to like diets, but I don’t like them. I also really, really despise beer.”

He raised an eyebrow. “Beer, really? I didn’t think of you as the type that wouldn’t like it.”

“Well. I don’t. Grew up hating it.” Because it was the cause of my brother’s death and the reason I still fear my dad today. It throws people’s lives away. I wanted to say, but I wasn’t quiet sure I was ready to spill my past to Jake. I knew he probably wouldn’t judge me, but I couldn’t help but be careful. I was always taught that telling someone would ruin everything I ever knew. Would Jake say something to someone? Could he REALLY be trusted?

What was I saying? Of course he could be. I just had to find the right moment. Maybe tonight, after dinner or something; when the time is right, I’ll tell him everything.

Soon, the waiter came with our drinks, and I ordered my favorite food. Spaghetti with meatballs, and Jacob ordered some lemon chicken dish.

“I’m surprised you remembered that my favorite food was Italian.” I said, truly surprised.

“Psh. Are you kidding me? I can repeat everything you’ve ever told me.” He said, while putting his iced coke to his lips and gulping down a few sips. I smirked. Didn’t he know not to challenge me by now?

“Alright then. Let’s hear it.”

He mirrored the same daring and playful look I had.

“Your favorite drink is coke, favorite food is spaghetti, favorite color is red, favorite time of the day is twilight, favorite song: varies, favorite bands: escape the fate, mayday parade, there for tomorrow and my chemical romance- the same as mine, your mother’s name is Annette, and people tell you that you look a lot like her- though I have yet to meet her…” He scowled; probably mad at the last bit before continuing.

“You use to do gymnastics as a little girl, you hate the word oodles, you don’t mind the rain, and you feel the color orange doesn’t flatter you well- although I’d have to disagree. Your really good at math and Theater, but you find no purpose in learning about history. You furrow your brows when you’re confused, you wear a size seven shoe, your favorite pair of clothing to wear is jeans, you’re a great friend to my cousin, Blaire and Adam, and you are an incredible girlfriend.”

He finished with a cocky smile. I applauded him while laughing.

Who knew he actually paid attention when I rambled on and on, on the phone?

“Bravo. No encore though, your memory can be mistaken for something sort of creepy.” I cracked a smile, as his face fell.

“Fine. I know nothing about you… mmmm, who are you stranger? Why am I at dinner?” Jake continued to make idiotic faces.

I just cracked up. “You’re such a dork.” He laughed with me.

“But I’m your dork.” He corrected.

“Yeah, and don’t forget that tinfoil man.” I teased, and suddenly felt feet start challenging mine to a footsie contest under the table. I gasped in surprise while people gave us suspected glances.

The rest of our dinner continued like this. In a way, we both knew we constantly acted childish, but that’s what our relationship was like. Fun, easy, and entertaining to passer-by’s.

But what didn’t pass me throughout dinner was the whole issue of having to meet Jake’s parents. Mr. And Mrs. Naughtingham. Just saying that sentence made you want to gulp back a scream.

They’re rich… they’re never home and they feel the need to flaunt their last name all over time. And as if proving my point, Jake pulled into a Naughtingham gas station.

My mouth hung open as Jake got out of the car and nonchalantly gathered the hoes for the car pump, and stuck it in the back opening. He then whistled the familiar tune of ‘Row Your Boat’ as he pulled the pump out, hung it back up and selected debit from the ‘cash or debit’ button.

Once he got back in the car, he finished off his little song and smiled at me.

“What?” He asked, oblivious.

“There’s even a gas station named after you?”

“Oh. That, yeah.” He said, as he started the car. Talk about being the opposite of himself… I bet you if he had brought me here when we hated each other, he would be boasting away about his last name being flaunted on the big neon gas station sign. He was just egotistical like that.

“Does that not weird you out?” I asked, still fazed by that big flashing neon sign. I
“Not really I’m use to it. The parties, the meetings, the lessons, everything- I’m just use to it now.”

“Hmph.” Was all I could manage to say. So his parents overly-exposed him to a celebrity life. That couldn’t be healthy for a person’s ego- wait. That explains soo soo much…

I laughed inside my head, not wanting to say something to Jake, because he might take it the wrong way.

I didn’t even realize at this point that we had already entered our neighborhood.

“Slow down, there could be children.” I scolded noticing his speed of 45 in a neighborhood, when the limit was 25.

Or it could be the fact that I didn’t exactly want to rush to meet his parents. I was never good with parents, simply because I never knew how a couple should act when married. Again all my disabilities are blamed on beer, and my father.

“Here we areeee!” Jake chimed in my air, but it felt like chanting from satin.

“Yeah… looky there.” I stumbled over my words as we parked and got out of the car.

I felt perspiration form on my palms and face.

I was going to knock, when Jake just pulled out a set of keys and walked right in. But I suppose that was acceptable when it was your own house. For some reason, every time I looked at the house, I felt like I was entering a museum.

“MOM! DAD!” Jake yelled as his own voice echoed off the walls.

Just how big IS this house?

“DARLING!!!” A female voice from our right rang as I heard heels clicking on the hardwood flooring. They clicked the second away until my life ended.

Is it hot in here or what?

I suddenly became worried of how I was positioned, of how she viewed me. I was never worried about pleasing anybody. I’ve turned into such a pansy.

I hope Jake realized how much I truly care about him. I wouldn’t do this for just anyone’s parents.

The same petite woman from the window came into view, except dressed in beige dress pants, a gray blouse and a beige jacket. She had gold jewelry noticeably hanging around her neck and wrists.

She came up and gave her son a hug, then kissed his cheek. All the while, leaving a tiny deep red lip imprint on Jake’s right cheek.

I wanted to double over in laughter as he childishly tried to wipe off the kiss. But instead I managed a muffled laugh.

The mother however, busted into tiny feminine giggles, and then rolled her eyes and turned to me.

“Hello. You must be Tabitha, we’ve heard loads and loads about you. Almost too much for my motherly ears to comprehend.” She grinned.

“But you know how that is, little Jacob likes to babble and babble away.” She said swatting her hand down and rolling her eyes.

I laughed at her motherly joke.

“That I do Maim,” Maim???? Where the FUCK did that come from? I didn’t even call my own mother ‘maim’.

“And if you would, please call me Toby.” I kindly corrected. HEYYA, looky there, I’m not socially awkward when it comes to parents.

“Alright, Toby it is then.” She smiled. Her smile was really warm and inviting. Jake must have really pissed her off to let her scold him like that.

“HARROOLDDDD!!!” She boomed, to the upstairs.

“I’m coming Genine! I’m coming!” A low, husky voice boomed.

Moments later a tall, slender man filed down the staircase, while tucking his shirt into his pants.

“Can’t a man use the restroom in peace?” He said as he approached the three of us.

He immediately reminded me of Jake, but in an older version.

His hair was the same brilliant blonde, but sleeked back in a business-like manner. He had most of the same facial structure as Jake too. But had foggy, and moss-colored green eyes. There was no mistaking that Jacob received his captivating eyes from his mother.

(FATHER-- http://media.photobucket.com/image/carlisle%20in%20twilight/jess-2511/twilight/Carlisle-Cullen-twilight-series-412.jpg)

(MOTHER- http://thefaust.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/angelina-jolie-1.jpg)

(CLOSER LOOK AT MOM’S EYES- http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//6000/100/30/7/136137.jpg)

“Not when our son had brought home such beautiful company.” She instructed.

The man turned to me, and his eyes bulged out.

“Well, my sincere apologies, Tabitha.” He said, shaking my head.

I was about to correct him, when I didn’t need to.

“She likes to be called Toby, dear.” His mom corrected.

So Jake gets his amazing memory from his mother as well?

“Toby. My sincere apologies TOBY.” He corrected. I smiled at the couple, because they were just so cute.

“It’s fine, really. I pee all the time.” I said, not sure if that was appropriate to say.

“Yeah. No kidding, she peed like five times before we left the restaurant.” Jacob interrupted my thoughts.

His mom laughed really hard. “I like this girl Jacob.” She said, smiling at me once more.

“Please come sit in the living room.” She motioned to the right, where her clicking heels had first come from. The lights flicked on to a fancy living room with cream couches, and white walls. As I walked on the carpet, I noticed the intricate designs etched there.

(http://la.foodblogging.com/wp-content/BelvedereLivingRoom_02.jpg)

“Would you like anything to drink?” His mother asked.

“No thank you. I’m all filled up on Coke.”

“A-COLA” I finished hurriedly, I didn’t want them to think I meant coke as in the drug. They for sure wouldn’t let me date their son then.

Jacob held back a laugh, and I held back the urge to hit him in the arm.

“So. Toby, tell us about your life. Jacob rarely brings friends over to see us like this.” His father said excitedly.

Jake sank lower in his seat, as I enjoyed the necessary information given to me to get Jake back next time he makes fun of me.

“Well…” I couldn’t tell them everything, but I really didn’t want to lie to them. I could just word things differently. “I was born in 1992. I grew up with my mother and father. I had a little brother…” I paused.

“But he died in a car crash when I was young.”

Their faces became sad.

“I’m so sorry.” They both said, one after another.

“It’s ok. It was sort of a long time ago. All better now.” I smiled reassuringly at them.

“I basically grew up in Georgia all my life, and grew to be sort of independent. My mother taught me that, she had a more lasting effect on me than my father.” I worded that sentence as best as I could without completely lying to them. I wasn’t lying. I was just leaving out the fact that he beat me to a pulp every day.

“Then as my father and mother didn’t quite get along anymore, my mother and I moved here, to Illinois.” I said, with a happier tone.

“And now, I’m here.” I finished off, grinning at them.

“Well we’re glad you came.” His father said.

“Yes, and I’m glad you met our son.”

“I was soooo done with that annoying whiny-voice blonde coming over all the time and throwing herself on my Jacob. I did not like that one bit.”

Ok. I couldn’t hold in my laughter. I busted out laughing, and she grinned innocently. His father shook his head, as she continued to complain.

“Are-they-talking-about-Bridg-ette?” I asked Jake between laughs. He was red by now with embarrassment. He nodded a yes, and I kept laughing.

The night continued and it was actually really easy talking to his parents. It really showed off a new light to the town. If they ran it, it could NOT be all that bad. I had always had this stereotype that rich people where insulting and repulsive. But Jake was certainly rich, and so were his parent’s. But they were actually warm, jolly people. Not what I had expected. They really mean it when they say not to judge a book by its cover. I felt like they could almost be second parents, they were just so accepting of me, my single-mothered family, and where I came from. I could honestly say they were respectable, down-to-earth people.

“Sorry about them. They’re crazy like that whenever they get home.” Jake apologized as he parked outside of my house.

I laughed at what he said. “What?” He asked, confused.

“Your parent’s are hysterical, and really nice. Don’t be sorry, be proud.” I instructed.

“I think they really like you too.” He said.

“Good. I’m glad.” I said, thinking back to their warm smiles.

“But do you know what I really like?” Jake said with a secretive glint in his eye.

“...What?” I asked a little hesitant.

“This.” He said, cupping my chin and planting a sweet, and tender kiss on my lips. One that would instantly take any girls breath away. Which it did, to mine. I pulled back for air, and smiled happily at him. Then he said something completely unexpected.

“I love you…” He breathed, breathlessly. Exactly how I felt-breathless

The world started spinning. There was that word again, one that hadn’t crossed my mind in a while. One I thought I’d never be able to face.

As I looked into Jake’s eyes, that hidden emotion was all that was there, the indestructible, indescribable emotion. Indescribable to me- until now.

That emotion was love. Every time I looked into his eyes, it was love that I was seeing.

It hit me like a wall of bricks. The one word I had always been so scared of, described exactly how I felt for Jake.

“I-I-I love you too…” I finally said without instantly spasiming at the word love.

We were silent, but looking into one another’s eyes, so much was shown. All the emotions from deep within my soul were leaking out. It made me realize just how bottomless all my hidden feelings were.

I quickly got out of the car, afraid that he could end up seeing too much. Would he really be able to see all the pain I was hiding from my childhood. Would he be worried?

I felt tears come to my eyes, because I wanted to tell him so bad. How badly I wanted him to know about my past. How I wanted him to reassure to me that I didn’t need to be so strong anymore. That he would be the one person I could cry around. It seemed that I couldn’t cry around my mom anymore, because she had been so fragile lately, and scared. I felt that if I wasn’t strong for her, she’d go crazy.

“Toby?”

“Are you Ok?”

I heard Jake shuffle, and I heard the door open. I felt his arms grab me around the waist to face him. I struggled with my tears, to once again, hide it from another person.

“No. I’m not, but I can’t tell you. At least not right now. Maybe when I feel the time is right. But not now.”

I looked into Jake’s face, and it held so many different emotions. All of them struggling with one another: sadness, fury, confusion, desperation, longing, protectiveness, and guilt.

“But… I-I want to help.” He pleaded. I shook my head.

“I’ll tell you when I feel the time is right.

After more pleading from him, and more shutdowns by me, he finally let it go. Then reluctantly he went back to his car, and after a small wave goodbye, left my street. I went inside and simplified my night down into a minute of talking to my mother. She smiled happily at me when I had told her that I thought I loved Jake. She then began on how she once- a long time ago-loved my father. I didn’t really like that subject, so we didn’t spend much time on it. I said goodnight to her, and went upstairs.

I checked my phone and saw that there was one new text message from Jake.

“Goodnight, princess. I love you.” It read.

I replied, teasingly.

“Goodnight Knight, your tinfoil’s beginning to turn into armor now. Not to mention your gaining brownie points with all those kisses. & I love you too.”

As I started to fall asleep my phone vibrated once more. I checked it and laughed at what I saw.

“SCORE!” From Jake; a message so typical- but that’s what I loved about him.

Yes. I’m not saying “sike” or “I take it back”. I’m admitting to all of you, that I sincerely, and truly love Jacob Naughtingham.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment me with writing suggestions, or compliments, i love them. Tell your friends, and rate. I want to get all my stars! XD

thanks to those who do comment and rate. I appreciate it.

& don't be shy. I'm super nice, i promisee

-Haleyyy.