Through the Light of the Bottle

"I smile while watching him struggle"

“Kate, I-“he breaks away from the kiss momentarily, his fingers brushing softly through my hair, feeling their way across the bump on the back of my head.

I bite my lip and close my eyes tightly, restraining my whole body from crashing our bodies together. My bones hurt from pressure that is looming inside of me, potential energy waiting to jump out of my skin that is sitting, being untouched by his quiet hands that are focused on the damage he feels responsible for.

“Gerard,” I whisper, grabbing the nape of his neck, “please stop being so damn noble,”

A faint smile appears through his lips as I press mine back to his and we stumble through the bus, searching for an undecided surface. I feel him push me slightly backwards, and my knees collide with the back of a couch. I fall to the firm cushions, letting out a small cry, but his mouth captures it before it can vibrate off the walls.

I tug at his shirt buttons blindly as one of his hands runs aimlessly through my hair, the other one down my body, resting on my stomach, where he’s making small circles with his thumb, every so often grasping the thin fabric as he moans into my mouth.

My fingers finally free the last button from its hole and I open the shirt, resting one of my hands on the back of his neck, the other trailing it’s way down his chest to his belt buckle.

I trail my fingers under the band of his pants and he stops mid-kiss, a low moan making it’s way from his throat, vibrating my whole body.

I move my mouth to his neck, kissing lightly, my lips fluttering over his soft, clean skin.

I take my hand out from under his waistband and move it to the belt buckle, slowly taking it off. I pull it leisurely from the belt loops, until he finally grabs my wrists sharply with one hand, pinning them above my head and the other hand rpping the belt through the last loop and throwing it to the floor.

“Enough of the goddamn teasing,” he groans, working my pants zipper with one hand, a look of determination set permanently on his face.

I smile while watching him struggle.

That is,until I hear the bus door fly open and two voices ring from the parking lot.

“Shit, shit, shit, shit,” I mutter, buttoning my pants back up and pulling my shirt down, as Gerard scrambled across the bus to retrieve his tossed belt.

Frank stumbles onto the bus, his arms around a pretty girl with an engagement ring residing stunningly on her fingers.

A small, wryly grin spreads across his face as his head shoots from my stumbling figure on the couch, to the half naked singer, trying desperately to rid his fingers of their clumsiness and button his shirt up effectively.

“Gerard,” he drops his arm from the girl’s shoulders, grasping Gerard’s and shaking it slightly, staring dead panned into his lead singer’s eyes, “I think I need to have the talk.”

“Oh fuck off,” Gerard tries to sound aggressive, but a lopsided grin is lurking its way to the front of his features.

I can feel the heat burning off my cheeks, as my mind and heart is still racing from the events that just happened.

“Oh don’t worry about it,” the girl speaks softly and calmly, taking a step towards me, “Frank is just an inconsiderate asshole.”

“Hey!” His head turns alarmingly fast from Gerard’s direction to hers.

“Oh quiet,” she laughs, leaning over and placing a small kiss on his cheek before heading to the front of the bus and grabbing a water bottle from the kitchen area.

“Look, we’re going anyways,” she yells from the front, shooting a look at Frank who had opened his mouth to protest.

Frank let out a small laugh at her look as he turned towards me, directing the attention to my current position on the couch.

“Man, here I was thinking you were a Bob girl, and you end up being a Gerard one,” he steps closer to me and I shift uncomfortably in the couch before decided to just stand all together.

“Oh leave her alone,” the girl comes walking up behind him, pushing him aside and handing me a small glass of water, “I’m Jamia by the way.”

“Kate,” I mumble walking past the offered glass, “look, don’t worry about getting out of here, I’m leaving anyways,” I avoid all eye contact with Gerard as I stumble backwards down the stairs of the bus. I trip on the last step and have to grab the door handle quickly, letting out a small scream of terror as I feel myself nearly collide with the pavement.

“Oh, you don’t have to go,” Jamia protests from the top of the stairs as Gerard hurries down, trying to grab my nearly falling figure.

I yank my arm out of his reach before he can grab it, quickly stepping away. I feel this small tingling feeling start in my nose, making my whole face scrunch up as my vision starts to slowly blur.

I turn around, wrapping my arms around me, although the lack of heat not present.

But I need something to do with my fucking arms before I find them wrapped around his body again, my hands tangled with his.

I can’t have them wrapped around someone’s body again like that, with that much emotion and energy running through us.

I can’t do it again.